30 coaches online • Server time: 08:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shaqpooh

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That lineman is a genius. lol
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Riverbottom Nightmare Band 5 Quod's Warpies 0

Another gig for the kids see them racing up the charts with their latest hits! But early success is upsetting some of their fans who feel they are "selling out" and thus have abandoned the Band. That or they were simply confused when faced with 2 Chaos teams and bought the wrong T-Shirt.
Rock On!!!
Barash

Post 9 Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
Riverbottom Nightmare Band 5 Quod's Warpies 0
Another gig for the kids see them racing up the charts with their latest hits! But early success is upsetting some of their fans who feel they are "selling out" and thus have abandoned the Band. That or they were simply confused when faced with 2 Chaos teams and bought the wrong T-Shirt.
Rock On!!!

I have seen the replay.. you can't be serious. Quad really played an exceptional game: he was fielding 3 players after his first bad drive. What terrible thing happened to come to such desperate coaching measures?
* Was his luck low? no... 68 % at the end of the game can't be that bad!
* Were players massively fouled? No, can't be that. He was not fouled once.
* Was he only able to field 3 players due to KO injuries? No, 3 unscratched Chaos Warriors were just sitting out the whole match on the bench.
* Did he use his apothecary? Not as far as I can see in the replay!

Quod's Whimpies .. err.. I mean Quod's Warpies suffered two SI's one with a niggeling injury on a crowd push and a BH on a rock. That's what caused the coach to sit his best players for the remainder of the game.

Imho: Tactic's like this are worse then conceding: it gives an unfair advantage to a team who can score, without any resistance, an additional 4 TD's and gain skills in a very very easy way. Bah.... I really don't like it when coaches give a game away like that. Crying or Very sad

Quod: next time at least do the other coaches in the league a favor try to protect the ball instead of giving away more then 12 SSP's (4TD's + some completions)? Your opponent is singing and laughing in your face when he meets your team again with those additional skills. I gues you will be quickly fielding 3 players again...

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

NY Giants 3 - 1 Tails and Scales

A fun game that was closer than the score indicates. It was the first time I ever made those dumb "If I can complete this throw I'll gain a skill" passes in a game that wasn't a blow out. Getting a blitzer killed hurt, but hey, it's BLOOD BOWL. Smile Kudos to Pabloex for playing a good game. Now when Anchor's computer is fixed, we will be caught up with the rest of you.

Shaq
SarumanTheWhite

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

A very sickening display.
SarumanTheWhite

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

the 5-0 game that is.
Barash

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Demons also won their 3rd game vs Cartoonettes: 2-1

This victory was a really easy one. The amazons didn't want to get dirty on the pitch with the Orc players. Black Demons is now the only unbeaten team of the Euro league.

Game report

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That sickening display of running away was the result of an entire weeks worth of bad games.
Every time I tried to keep fielding players to stop my opponents, more got hurt.
From personal experience, if I try to keep going with this sort of run of luck, my team gets totally destroyed, hence, 3 players on and protecting my more expensive assets.
Over the last week every game I played had been lost, with most of my more expensive players being damaged, and basically any roll that could go wrong doing so.
So, instead of whining about biased dice and rotten bad luck or conceding, I minimised the amount of damage being done.

There was nothing in the rules about not fielding maximum players, so I saw the best method of damage control being the method I used.
If you want to make it so people cannot do this, add a line to the rules of the league
"Teams must field 11 players, or maximum amount possible".

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So, instead of whining about biased dice and rotten bad luck or conceding, I minimised the amount of damage being done.

I would have whined about the dice......Nuffle Sucks!!

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Warriors Of Woe 1 - 2 Kadrin Kannons

No players for the Warriors were available for comment on the match. It seems they are all nursing wounds - both physical and to their ego as well.

Two turns into the match and 2 BH, 2 KO’d and luck of 16% vs 75%. Highlight so far is the wardancer tripping on leap even with rr and getting fouled for his efforts. Remainder of the half sees the elves trip at every opportunity. This of course leaves everyone open to being bashed and fouled again by the dwarves as they employ the “turtle crawl” on their way to an 8 turn TD. Dwarves land a SI but apoth works! The rest of elves worried about next half without the apoth.

Second half shows some signs of improvement as all the KO’d elves recover for 10 players to start the drive. After some nice dodges, the elves set up a defensive screen allowing the wardancer to run in for the score on turn 3.

Dwarves set up for offense against nine elves. Dwarves immediately SI-niggle another player and begin another crawl to the endzone. Remaining elves suck it up and manage to knock the ball loose with a successful leap from the wardancer. Unfortunately, a longbeard in two tz’s rolls a six to pick up the ball. Dwarves foul wardancer for a KO, KO two more elves, and BH yet another. Remaining five elves attempt to thwart the drive but cannot manage to dodge let alone take down the ball carrier.

About as textbook a match as you can ask for from a dwarven coach – bash, stall, foul as often as you can and show no mercy. A boring frustrating match - although my gripe is with Nuffle rather than Beholden. I cannot say that my dwarves would have played too dissimilar if the roles had been reversed.
Beholden

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

An excerpt from an interview with the dwarves shortly after their 2-1 victory over the woodies...

"Today, the Kadrin Kannons prooved we have what it takes to sit atop the NA Division 1. The ball! Those elves are fast, quick, and agile. But I've never seen one yet who could slip between our stubby legs or break through our slow, short, stocky blockade of skilled blockers and expert tacklers. Sure they can leap over us and run around us, but if they don't have the ball, they sure aren't going to get it from us!"
- Boris Barrelbelly, Blitzer

GameAvatar wrote:
An excerpt from an interview of the woodies concerning their upcoming match against the dwarves …

“The elves of WOW are ready to bash the upstart dwarves of Kadrin Kannons for supremacy of NA Division I. How dare these slow, short, stocky stuble-faced sons of the earth think they they have what it takes to win the cup?! So what if they are heavily armored, skilled blockers, and expert tacklers … we’re still going to thrash ‘em!”
Malendil Spawnslayer, Wardancer

"We won? I didn't notice. I was too busy trying to knaw off one of their arms!"
- Egor Elf-Eater, Trollslayer

GameAvatar wrote:
“Forget all that nonsense, I just want to survive.”
Unidentified Lineman
Diamond5119

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

the 5-0 game that is.

The 5-0 was bad....what about my 6-0????

Diamond5119
SarumanTheWhite

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Diamond the majority of your players were on the pitch and you just happened to get smoked......so I got nuthin' to say about that. Wink

On a different note I see my next opponent is the NYG rather than Illusion as originally scheduled...this matters not to me but to Bosco whom I had told to shine his boots up real nice in preperation for laying the kicks to some witch elf ass.....and he was eager to get to it....guess that will have to wait another 2 weeks or so.
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

On a different note I see my next opponent is the NYG rather than Illusion as originally scheduled

huh?? You arent scheduled to play Illusion until week 5 or 6.

Duh commish

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Sinister Urge 1 vs Tails and Scales 0</b>

Ugly doesn't do this game justice. A series of questionable moves and poor dice led to a slopathon. The Urge managed to win by eliminating all but 1 skink from the pitch. Funny how the Saurus weren't able to break free to stop the T8 TD. Oh well, we will take it any way we can get it.

Jump to: