51 coaches online • Server time: 21:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hourly box activations?
Permantly change box to hourly activations
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Permantly change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to hourly activations
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
Change nothing
64%
 64%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 102

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

OK, but a 'young team protection system' WAS introduced. So why aren't you rocking a 1200 TV Renegade team with 2 Claw-Mighty blow players now?

Because in CRP I didn't like cpomb, and playing TV 1200 Chaos Renegades is not interesting for me, nor so competitive without PO and if you don't minmax them.
Moreover, they lack the Orc Renegade at the moment, that I would like to roster when available, having 3 AV 9 players to set up on the LOS would be nice.

The_Murker wrote:

Could someone argue that YOU are not being as competative as you should be? Why aren't you trying to win better?

Yes, he could, but I do my best to win.
If trying to win means abusing rules, I will not do it.
I never implied that you have to be competitive by exploiting rules (I explained it some posts ago).

The_Murker wrote:

Also.. what is your opinion of goblins in Black Box? Are they just giving everyone easy wins in what should be a hard-core division? Would you ban hobbits and goblins from Black Box?

I previously suggested that games with tier 3 teams could not count for purpose of CR gain/loss (I would play more often tier 3 teams, and for the record I have 50% win rate with both Halflings and Goblins, not a super win rate, I know, but above the expected win rate with tier 3 teams, so I try to do my best with tier 3 teams as well).
Also, I said that you can play with competitive spirit, trying your best to win, even if you have a weak roster.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I try to do my best with tier 3 teams as well

When will you run ARRR! sprints with Goblins or Hobbits, say to raise money, like PC did not so long ago?

I dARRRRe you!

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When you will play more in the Box Very Happy (in these days I activated my Halflings and Goblins, but never found a game).
thoralf

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Beware your wishes, dear Matt.

And please leave Dorfs out of your whining about game breaking bombs.

Goblins! GOBLINS! They're the ones who made the bomb that broke Fumbbl.

Damn Goblins!

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
koadah wrote:
How big a deal is this min/maxing really? What would you do to stop it?

koadah, seriously, you need to stop talking as if you're some sort of authority on the Box

Since when was asking a question making out to be "some sort of authority"?

A question that you then admit that you don't know the answer to.

You then give the impression that we are only really talking about one guy.

See, fing is mate. I didn't think it was that big a deal even in the bad old days. Both Mike and I ran some queries and they didn't turn up much. People who would have been burned as witches didn't seem much like min/maxers to me. You know, players either died or retired due to permanent injuries.

Rookie protection went in to deal with the zons and now CPOMB has gone to deal with the pact.

It sounds very much as though you just don't want to play this one guy. I'll use my incredible psychic powers to deduce that, it might just be the same guy that people didn't want to play against back in the day.

The problem is not min/maxing or mono-activation. It is just not having enough coaches. If it wasn't that guy, it would be something else.
It wasn't even CPOMBers that got me. It was lizardmen. I'd log in and think. "Dang, I sure don't wanna play lizards tonight." Later it was CPOMBers too. Wink

Now, I would expect (European) Box to be pretty much OK. Except maybe for the lizards & necros. Wink

Rather than going on and on about min/maxing & mono-activation, you may as well just say "ban that one guy".

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:

My last game had a TV difference of 1mil, and recently had a 840k gap game.

This should at the very least be trialed. If this is trialed and fails I will gladly banish myself from this site if majority desire this. This will excite some of you lol.

Box was killed because of you, you *snip*. Your low TV cherry picking, caused a change in Box. That Change resulted in less people playing. You drove away many people before the change, and after the "small man" change. You are 90% to blame for any of this.

Your High inducement games are again because you are a *snip*. The rules were changed specifically with you in mind. We warned you, and you kept doing it. To complain about it now is the most ironic thing I personally have ever experienced.

For a third time, you are a *snip*.

Watch the language - ea

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I don't see more or less activation times as solving anything.

I do think making people activate 3+ teams from 3+ categories would make the box less filthy and more appealing.

But I have always thought that R should be the only division and Box a way of getting games in R. With a flag for 'random draw only' teams (both for pride and allowing those teams to only face similar if they choose), so those that want to avoid picking and pickers could do so.

But then I play in both R and B, so don't see the problems the divisional purists do.

It would be interesting that if someone entered a team in the game finder, but didn't get a match up, they would automatically get drawn for a Box game. You could combine them, but have a section where you enter anonymously aka Box.

PurpleChest wrote:
And B is what the coaches in B have made it.

Same goes for Ranked, Stunty, League, Snakes & Ladders, and Monopoly. I don't understand you point here apart from sarcasm.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
stuff...

Like I said, purists can go soak their heads. This isn't about anyones definition of 'fair' or even what R or B 'should' be.

This is about simply getting more games scheduled and played. Especially at the off peak hours where B is simply dead already, and R might as well be.

I've long given up on playing R or B anyway, so maybe you don't think my opinion matters. But the reasons why I gave up on R and B are why my opinion matters. Since, seemingly, I'm far from alone in being done with those divisions.

People that don't play Ranked or Box, but comment on its well being can go soak their heads.

Jeffro
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Since when was asking a question making out to be "some sort of authority"?

You've been making statements such as this one ever since the start of the thread:

koadah wrote:
The problem is not min/maxing or mono-activation. It is just not having enough coaches. If it wasn't that guy, it would be something else.

Again, you seem to know a lot about the problems that are present in a division that you don't play in. Perhaps it's time you allowed the coaches who actually play there to discuss it, without making ill-informed comments?

Keggie in his post just above seems to understand what I'm talking about Wink

The American Blackbox has been put to death by selfish monoactivators. You weren't there. You don't know. Please stop pretending that you do. I could name at least 3 or 4 of them, but I won't.

koadah wrote:
Rather than going on and on about min/maxing & mono-activation, you may as well just say "ban that one guy".

No, because that doesn't solve the underlying cause of the problem and others will spring up. Changes should be made to the rules of the division, to prevent these sorts of exploits.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
licker wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
stuff...

Like I said, purists can go soak their heads. This isn't about anyones definition of 'fair' or even what R or B 'should' be.

This is about simply getting more games scheduled and played. Especially at the off peak hours where B is simply dead already, and R might as well be.

I've long given up on playing R or B anyway, so maybe you don't think my opinion matters. But the reasons why I gave up on R and B are why my opinion matters. Since, seemingly, I'm far from alone in being done with those divisions.

People that don't play Ranked or Box, but comment on its well being can go soak their heads.

+1

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
There is no such thing as a fair game when you're doing everything in your power before the game starts to have a better team at TV parity than the opponent. How self deluded are you to not see the glaring crack in the facade of 'fairness' here?

Amen brother.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well with out going into alternative approaches to improve the box I will just state what I think.

Box works just fine when you have 8+ coaches activating. It is a excellent match maker if you can get 12+ coaches.

SO

How do you get 8+ coaches all activating at the same time?

* Reduce the # of activations per hour and start lumping up the coaches wanting to find Box matches into a smaller time frame. Meaning increasing the time between activations.

* Some how convince the masses that Box is now a better environment under the new BB2016 rule set and encourage them to come back. Good luck with that.

* Convince Christer to diversify the Box some how on his end with mandated changes.

just my 2 cents

So, to get this straight are you suggesting removing the time frame of entries, to the first 8 coaches entered gets a draw? I kind of like that.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:

But I have always thought that R should be the only division and Box a way of getting games in R. With a flag for 'random draw only' teams (both for pride and allowing those teams to only face similar if they choose), so those that want to avoid picking and pickers could do so.

But then I play in both R and B, so don't see the problems the divisional purists do.

And B is what the coaches in B have made it.

I would just like to highlight what is the most sensible and inclusive proposition so far.

Forcing R players into B makes absolutely no sense - risk alienating a division that has 50% of the FUMBBL matches to please one that has 20%? Probably a good way to nosedive the total amount of matches on FUMBBL.

Before Box, there were instant smacks, which were very similar to Box. Enter your team, wait for a draw, rumble out a Tournament. It worked successfully. I like the current state now, but do see a problem with less coaches playing these days. I get draws very infrequently as of late. That is mostly my constrictions of play times.

Jeffro
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well with out going into alternative approaches to improve the box I will just state what I think.

Box works just fine when you have 8+ coaches activating. It is a excellent match maker if you can get 12+ coaches.

SO

How do you get 8+ coaches all activating at the same time?

* Reduce the # of activations per hour and start lumping up the coaches wanting to find Box matches into a smaller time frame. Meaning increasing the time between activations.

* Some how convince the masses that Box is now a better environment under the new BB2016 rule set and encourage them to come back. Good luck with that.

* Convince Christer to diversify the Box some how on his end with mandated changes.

just my 2 cents

So, to get this straight are you suggesting removing the time frame of entries, to the first 8 coaches entered gets a draw? I kind of like that.

Isnt that called a SMACK?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:

Again, you seem to know a lot about the problems that are present in a division that you don't play in. Perhaps it's time you allowed the coaches who actually play there to discuss it, without making ill-informed comments?

It doesn't look a whole lot different to what it was then.

But hey, knock yourselves out.

So, you ban teams with 0 rerolls. We'll see if Christer goes for that. He hasn't done in all this time.

Force diversity. People will pick zons as their hybrid team. They'll probably recycle their hybrid & agile teams to ensure that bash is the only one that plays at high TV or outside rookie protection.

If you'd need to stay within rookie protection to get the benefit.

Jump to: