26 coaches online • Server time: 07:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are nurglers disadvantaged for the lack of an apo, compared to chaos?
Yep, they sure are.
51%
 51%  [ 84 ]
Nah, shut it, you whiner.
30%
 30%  [ 50 ]
More or less the same.
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 163

Mentok

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

u didnt really read the PS, did u? how high is the chance that u get 2 players killed (1 apo'd) and the 2nd one is killed by the beast? 2 deaths on one team is a rather rare occurance. another one: at tr 180 i guess evry nurgle team will have 4 rotters already. u cant really rely on gettin a new one (tho i hope to get one sometime...) so practically u dont save the money

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, rotters are at a disadvantage now. Which is unfortunate cause they're fun to play, but until they're changed for the better I'm not going to make another rotter team (retired 2).
Removing horns from the beasts and giving them regen instead sounds good, just need to find another name for them. Their AV should not be reduced to 7 though, even if they get regen and would keep their horns that would really suck.
When it comes to the big guy the beast rules though, I would much rather have the beast than a troll, ogre or mino.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

regen on beastmen is not a good idea...

this team would become stronger than undead if regen was given to the beastmen and apo removed, 5 str 4+ players and decent ball handling as well as physical mutations... you need to think it through first

btw regen makes no sense on the beastmen as the team is a group of players suffering from a degenerative disease!
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen on beastmen isn't a good idea? Why not? Certainly with their stats as it is, <i>with</i> regen, that is unbalanced. But like we said, remove some stats to give it to them and perhaps even rename them to something else then beastmen (if taking horns away). It's simply too frustrating. Beastmen are great all around players, and it's just too annoying to create a long-term Rotter team to watch your potential die. Regen isn't exactly the best skill ever, it's a 4+ roll. I don't think it's asking too much.

-AG is a good idea though IMO, take away abit more finesse. But with mutations you can always grab Big Hang anyway, but still, with -AG on the beastmen I hardly think this team will dominate, and chaos will be more favorable for those who want more 3AG.

Not that discussing this here makes any difference whatsoever, but still, since this topic is here... beastmen need Regen, at whatever cost. Surprised

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Subsonic,

My nurgle rotter team has not gained a single rotter in it's entire career, 48 games, and having a Beast which has been very lucky, Str 6, Claw, Pro, Block, Tackl, Guard. I'm sure you can see that he can easily get 3 casualties a game. But you only gain a rotter if you have a space for them. If that wasn't the case I would have a whole team of Rotters!
Bardurnon

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

At Browwnrob,

I dont know if you have read about Nurgle, but his blessing means that his warriors can suffer mortal wounds and still be able to fight on. To me that sounds like regenerate... Smile I agree with your point about all beastmen having regen is wrong because they will be too good. Thats why I suggest added plaguebearers so that then 60% of the team will have regen compared to the 30% atm.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

well, my rotters were 6/0/1 before i decided that nobody wanted to play them anymore. my chaos went 2/2/3 in their first 7 games.
Bardurnon

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

AcheronStyx,

There's not that big a difference between Chaos and Nurgle for them to win due to difference in players. It's probably because you played poorer coaches or were lucky with dic rolls, not because the team was better. I can't believe that the change in BG (which is the only real change at low TR between the teams) can result in such a sudden win rate. The beast is good but not good enough to let you win 6 out of 7 games alone.
Lorion

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If you then ad the probability of the target getting saved by an apo or perhaps being unaffected by infect you'll have a much lower number. Furthermore you'll probably have 4 rotters on your team quite quickly, making infect useless. Like the fluff about it, and its fun when succesfull, have seen a guy pull it of in his first game.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I thin nurgle´s are just fine , but it´s quite hard to get those first skills to rotters comparing to chaos warriors. Beastmen with rege would be too strong.
Lorion

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

People seem to forget that foul apperaence is the primary strength of the nurgle team.... they pay for this with having no apo though and only AG2 on rotters. The beast is perhaps the best big-guy there is. With a few lucky rolls he will be feared ny many. IMO nurgles are pretty balanced as is.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

but if opponent apoths the kill....1 in 6...you get a rotter one in 60 games....near worthless
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My nurgle beast killed/infected a black orc in game 3, but none since. I'm on game 17 with them.
Thanks VTdoogie! Your rotter-orc has since gained block and is doing well for my team : )

as for the strength of the team, it's not the rotters that need replacing to make the team strong, but the skilled beastmen. However, I'm not complaining. Since reading this tread, I just play them for fun now.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

why not add a zombie/skeleton type of player reduce the beastmen to 0-6 add a 0-12 "Infected" player 4-3-2-7 FA/Regen will be good linefood. make so infect works on them instead of rotters, and give the rotters infect to.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos win rate=36%, rotters win rate=38% and please don't tell me rotters cherry pick
 Jump to: