30 coaches online • Server time: 13:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Math?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have my french team almost complet (Sirjacks and Bandit Kierce). As soon as I found the fourth we will name our stable. We can or can't we?
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes yes names of your stable are essential. If you can name your teams with the stable name in it somehow, or in some way that is systematic that would be preferable.
Gonzalillo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!!
A new Stable has arrive to the Group !!

We are the Paella team! Would you like to taste our "Mojo" ??

<b>-frikipe
-Parroco
-Yamagata
-Gonzalillo
</b>
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a major question: wizards and stars allowed?

I'd say no, since this is a "coaching tournament". But I'd like to hear other points of view....

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards and stars will be allowed, but since teams start at TR100, you will be struggling to have the spare cash for such things for a fair while. But if you are facing a difficult matchup and want to burn some cash then go ahead. The league will be completey LRB.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Sir! Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just looking at the teams that have applied i think the tonry is turning into a bash feast:
7 x Chaos Dwarf
5 x Dwarf
5 x Orc
2 x lizardmen
and a khemri team

to make it more fun how about makeing it so that people are only alowed 2 bashy teams in a stable. this will also make to so that more stratagy is requiered when choseing matchs. Instead of an all dwarf stable playing a amazon, human, orc, lizardmen stable.

you do not have to go by this it's just what i think is bashy
BASHY TEAMS
dwarf
choas dwarf
choas
orc
khemri
lizardmen
nurgle's rotters

MID RANGE BASHY
amazon
norse
human
undead
necromantic

NON-BASHY
wood elf
high elf
dark elf
elf
skaven
halflings
goblins
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, I agree to lolo.
The now existing teams influence my friends and mine decision on which races to play. It seems that taking 2 agility team in one stable is far to risky.

But, as it is, this will be the first test of the stabe idea, so we might start without restrictions...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

We are norse, Chaos Dwarfs, orc and Skaven. Good balanced guys. Smile

Learn from us! Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

amazon midrange bashy how the hell u work that out?

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That's why I don't like the idea of people putting in placeholder teams. Only teams in should be genuine teams IMO.

Our stable has humans orcs dwarfs high elves, so a pretty good mix IMO.

I think at this stage we're the only group who has actually gotten fully organised to the point of having everything set. Only thing now is for our elf to finish making his team.

So come on people, get yer teams sorted.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

My Stable (Norse, Chaos Dwarf, Orc, Skaven) is set too.
I just need my norse to be accepted again in the group, since I have created a new one and I have retired my former team.

2 Stables set. Which is the next one?
And, more than this: HOW many stables will be accepted, in the end? At a first glance I thought this had to be some sort of testin tournament with only four stables... Have you decided to accept more, Wallace? (good for me, anyway).

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I chose Dwarf because I have been looking for a venue in fumbbl that people would be forced to play. From what I have seen dwarf teams have a hard time convincing any team not far superior to play them. Also when I joined the group there were no other dwarf tems Smile.

I think in order to have a succesful stable, you will need to have a good mix of bash and speed. While having a bunch of bash teams might make your stable scary, it will most likely not win a majority of it's games vs fast stables. So, while it might make the match choice(s) for other stables more difficult, I doubt it will make your stable vicorious in the end.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
While having a bunch of bash teams might make your stable scary, it will most likely not win a majority of it's games vs fast stables.

True

IMHO the success of a Stable (apart from the coaches playing skill) lies on its ability to stand very different situations. Speed and bash, or a mix of two. As chunky stated in a former post, if you have your zons play a dwarf opponent, you will likely have an advantage in the other 3 matches, leading to a possible 3-1 in your favor. This is why
1-I think an all khemri stable would perform badly in the league
2- I like chunky idea. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

LOOK if a a entire stable wishes to go dwarfs theres nothing stoping them.... just when they have to play a fast team they might have some trouble, and such theres nothing stopping a entire stabl from going elfs.... bashy or not its BB u dunt need to bash to win
 Jump to: