30 coaches online • Server time: 01:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The point is a lot of people think the only way to win is to have more player than opponement...
don't understand, i ve a good win average and i do really few cas...

The intersting point is alot of high ranked coaches can ONLY win when they have more players than their opponent. They NEED to foul/sideline to be able to succeed. I am impressed with those coaches who when when they DON'T have a numbers advantage. Unfortunately I am not one of those coaches.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

SHUT UP!

OR I'LL FOUL YOU!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

damn, there sure are alot of psychic wannabe counselors around here... or was that psychotic?

carl stoneyard said:
Quote:

According to poweraxis, a game is something you play to build your team, trying out different moves and having a nice chat.

dont go into counseling, at least without alot more training and maybe a bib or something to catch all the drool... you dont have a clue what i think a "game" is. here is a clue, it isnt whether you win or lose, it is how you win or lose that matters...

for mully who said,
Quote:

So you fouled Stevie in T8 of your game. And you are saying you are one on those asses who are out to destroy teams and you feel bad about it.

are you that blind? i hope not... there are enough people stumbling around on the net already. in case you missed it, there is always 3 sides to every story: their side, your side and the right side. dont go by one persons statement about something that happened when 2 people were involved in said incident. i dont remember if stevie fouled me first, or if it was the 7th round i fouled his gobbie in. or maybe it was he had a troll and a goblin, and the only way he could make a td and tie the game was with that goblin on his t8? i really dont remember, but according to the stats, it was 1-0 my win, and he does have a troll and a goblin, so if i fouled his goblin on t8, then i had a reason for doing such other than just trying to hurt his team. i dont play that way. and i dont have a great memory... and i have no idea what kind of person stevie is. but considering i was not targeting him to begin with, and he jumped on here and immediately attacked me for no reason, well that doesnt say alot about his personality to me. especially when i stated that i think fouling "belongs" here so to speak, and was talking totally about the dp trait. which by the way, i notice you have on some of your guys... hmmm no wonder you hate this topic so much... eh? go climb on the troll bandwagon in some other string, i wont put up with your nonsense.

by the way, i am a wannabe psychotic counsellor... attack me and i will analyze you, then pull your shorts up over your head while i tell you what you did wrong...

Last edited by poweraxis on %b %01, %2004 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
poweraxis

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

corporateslave said:
Quote:

Yes, well since Poweraxis was in fact concerned about the team-destroying power of DP and not about fouling in general
you reinstate my belief that all human life is not completely braindead on this planet (including mine at times, i sadly admit) you totally understand where i was coming from.
razta

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mentok wrote:
Heh, I wasn't aware that behind raztas fouling mania there is something like tactics and intelligence. I am amazed. ;o)

ofc there is Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The nice thing about replays is, you can clearly see if one did foul on turn 8 second half or not. Twisted Evil

I know the right side now Very Happy
poweraxis

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

how do you do a replay?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The nice thing about replays is, you can clearly see if one did foul on turn 8 second half or not

Please share, I can't download here and I'll forget by the time I get home.

Quote:

and was talking totally about the dp trait. which by the way, i notice you have on some of your guys... hmmm no wonder you hate this topic so much... eh

You are a NOOB so you are forgiven. But you will find in open play that once you hit TR200 that MOST opponents have a DP and you are better off getting one yourself, even if it's to serve as a deterrent. You can choose not to, but that will limit the teams you might want to play.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gives us the link so anyone knows
poweraxis

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well at least now i know stevie either has one of those memories that wont retain short term memories within a couple of hours after the event, or is a liar... if there is a third option, i cant think of it.

stevie said:
Quote:

Poweraxis, your talking out of your arse sorry m8. I played you like 2 hours ago. You killed my Goblin By FOULING on turn 8 of the 2nd half, I didnt foul you...

1st foul thrown in our game was 1st half, stevies turn 4 against my rat ogre... his lineman was caught by the ref, he argued and both the lineman and the coach were thrown out of the game. i probably said something along the lines of "this is a fouling game eh?" and "i rarely foul first, but i LOVE to foul last." which is what i normally say or something to that effect. next foul was my turn 1 second half, next was his t2, then my t8. (unless i missed one, but i went over it twice, so i doubt it.)

after someone fouls me, i feel like it gives me free reign to foul away. and even so, i still will not try to completely destroy a team. normally i will foul once for each foul they throw... or try to match the results they do... i.e. i lose one guy off the pitch from their foul, i try to get one of theirs off the pitch with a foul. if it takes 3 fouls to do that (i.e. the first 2 are stuns), then i throw 3 if possible.

so, yes i threw an 8th turn foul... he fouled me twice, i fouled him twice in retaliation.

this is the game in question:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=401777
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

so, yes i threw an 8th turn foul... he fouled me twice, i fouled him twice in retaliation

Very strategic wahhhhhh

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You maybe right, I am very forgetfull at times, what can I say its like I dont even know im fouling at times. I just love it.
Renno

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

lol.. I've yet to lose a game to a player who fouls. Wink

Keep up the work guys! I love to know when I'm gonna have a sure win.

And if you are annoyed by a fouler then foul his best players every turn after he fouls you the first time and watch him squirm and cry. Razz

And it's even more ironic if you kill or casualty his player who has DP. Twisted Evil
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL.... He fouled on turn 8, and complains about coaches that destroy teams. In my games I've seen a lot of that "You foul me, so I foul you" gorilla logic.

About dirty player: DP is a powerful skill, maybe too powerful. 2+/1+ is more balanced I guess. Still, a DP foul is just a better foul than a normal one so if you foul why not foul with DP? A newbie mistake vs DP teams are to "retaliate" and thus give the DP another shot without the IGMEOY. Just sit tight, if he continues to foul the ref will do the job for you.
Stevie

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft, Carl Stoneyard, who the feck invited you in to talk sence?
 Jump to: