52 coaches online • Server time: 18:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2004 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Stevie: I am always here, sneakin' around. Watch out, you'll never know when I choose to deliver my words of wisdom!
poweraxis

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

rofl @ words of wisdom

so far bud, you have two strike outs. for someone that is evidently without a clue, you sure think highly of yourself, carl.

i do however, believe the sneaking around part... my guess is that fits you to a tee.

i find it rather ironic that the ones that have attacked me personally, use dp's. i guess you guys felt that my generic post was directed at you personally? this is called a guilty conscious, that you evidently dont even know you have.

otherwise, why such outrage, when the statement was not even directed at you?

if you have a brain, try to use some logic and figure out why you are attacking me... my guess is most of you cant.

i never mentioned a name, till some of these people took a shot at me personally in this string...

actually it is simular to how i play the game, you foul me, i foul you back... you verbally attack me, i verbally attack you back. isnt it neat how that works?

gotta love the trolls on the net...
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Gee I'm glad this guy joined the community! Just what we need another ranting/bitching/holier-than-though forum poster.

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the discussion, 40+ pages elsewhere is enough, but do we have to turn every thread into this muck! Why do perfectly normal people become ar$holse when they get near an online forum? I just don't get it! It dosn't matter who is right there is no excuse for filling pages and pages of forums with abuse, it dosn't benefit anyone or acheive anything.

:sigh:

I know this will probably only make things worse, oh well.
Afro

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If i did get this right, Mighty Blow is used to get players off the pitch. Dirty Player does exact the same thing, only better (with some risc to get sent off). You take MB as a second skill on your dwarf linemen to make them more effective when blocking, some other coaches want effective fouling (as it is a part of the game as you stated it yourself). So i don't get your point. If you want to foul effective, use DP.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Why can't we just agree to disagree?

Some folks believe fouling is cheap and unsportsmanlike while others think its part of the game and good tactics.

But have you ever noticed those who frequently foul don't like it when they are fouled? Wink

What I find ironic and annoying though is the teams that should foul the most are the ones getting fouled the most (AV 7) teams die enough as it is without fouls and usually in the beginning their players cost so much that they can't spare an extra player for fouling while the (AV 9) teams don't suffer this problem and draw the foulers more often then not.
Smess

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind stalling
I don't mind fouling
I don't mind fouling in turn 8
I don't mind fouling every turn
I don't mind if a player gets killed (ok, a bit when it's a very good one Razz)

It's just a game, anyone can play as they want, and i can always make a new team

*Just had to get it out*
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

i find it rather ironic that the ones that have attacked me personally, use dp's. i guess you guys felt that my generic post was directed at you personally? this is called a guilty conscious, that you evidently dont even know you have.

Actually I (and am sure others) agreed with your 1st post. It was only when we found out how hypocritical is was that you were attacked unmercifully. Your words rang true but your actions (at least against Stevie) were LAME

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You had me at "Dirty Player skill used on injury roll"...
Petter

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The best fun is when coaches who have several claw-players on their team deny a game vs a non-claw team because of 2 dirty players... Smile I love that! That's so brilliant!

"Oh no, you have something to counter my really nasty mutation, I better not play you!"
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny how we all think claw is SOO nasty (mully raises hand) and it is actually only +1 better than MB.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Contrary to some peoples glee
My flings are not a good source of Vitamin SPP

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 better than mighty blow could also be seen as twice as good as might blow, and mighty blow is very nice. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

when i am attacked, i attack back... if you dont like that wallace, then dont attack me.

i made a simply post about my feelings on destroying a team through the dp trait...

not fouling... had nothing to do with fouling, anymore than it has to do with blocking or buying goat cheese. and the next thing i know i am being attacked right and left... i guess you feel i should have just fled the scene with my tail between my legs and licked my wounds .

sorry wallace, i dont work that way. i was taught to stand up for myself... it just happens that the way i defend myself is with my intelligence and witt. if i come across as abusive (the way your are evidently trying to paint me out to be), so be it... it is simple, you dont want abuse from me, dont attack me when i am not attacking you. attack me, and i will be... well, abusive.

now if i attack you first, i expect you to be abusive towards me. i am a big boy, i can take it. i can, as you see, also dish it out.

mully, the more you open your mouth, the more i realize you dont have a clue. but i must admit, if what you think i said was what i did say, i would be a hypocrite, but since you evidently dont understand what i said, you are just showing your inability to read and understand someone elses statements. funny how several others understood it, and you keep ranting about something i didnt even mean. oh well, if we were all the same, this would be a dull world. by human nature there has to be those that "get it" and those that dont. guess you fall into the catagory of those that dont...

i would like to thank all those that have made my first post on these boards a memorable one... thanks for the unwarrented attacks.. hope you enjoyed the return favor

i am done with this conversation, go attack somewhere else.
Znail

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Amusing thread. I thought it would be just another whine from someone who mixed up Bloodbowl and Mylittlepony the board game. Then it turns out that its nothing against foul, its just the skill Dirty Player. Then it turns out that its not even that as the original poster has a fondness for Mighty Blow wich does the same thing as Dirty Player. So we end up with a thread about someone who doesnt mind knocking off others players, but gets upset when its his players getting hurt.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok poweraxis, I take it what you where trying to say (based on your original posts and your "clarifications" in later posts) was that fouling is ok but their is no reason for anyone to take the dp skill except to destoy the other persons team out of spite. Simply put dp increases the odds of removing a player from the pitch when taking the risky action of fouling and removing players from the pitch helps you to score and hinders your oponents ability to score. Since the game is decided based on who has the most tds and number of players on the pitch has a huge effect on scoring I think it's clear that dp is there to help you win not destroy teams. Taking that into account and assuming your goal is to win, whats makes dp any worse than mighty blow from a moral perspective?