57 coaches online • Server time: 14:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the game. Pure Vengeance without tactic. Steevie's foul were a lot more, in my opinion.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As an unbiased judge in this matter I believe both parties involved in the debate should be drawn and quartered and each individual piece fouled repeatedly by a night goblin with bad hygiene and the dirty player skill.

This matter is now closed.

Nothing to see here.

Whingeing will not be tolerated.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

if i come across as abusive (the way your are evidently trying to paint me out to be), so be it... it is simple, you dont want abuse from me, dont attack me when i am not attacking you. attack me, and i will be... well, abusive.

Poweraxis ... you are an ass and a NOOB ass at that. How's that for abusive.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fact 1: Fouling without Dirty Player has about as much chance to see you sent off as it has of putting the player that gets fouled into the dugout. Therefore you shouldn't foul unless you have DP, or unless you just want a tactical stun and getting sent off isn't such a big deal (in comparison to the desired stun result).

Fact 2: Using DP on your opponent's best player is a good way to vastly improve your chances of winning a game.

Fact 3: When your opponent has DP, and you do not, fouling back every turn is the utmost stupidest thing you can ever do. It will keep your opponent's fouls with a 6+ IGMEOY every turn, and he gets a +2 to injury every time while you do not. This will inevitably result in your team being reduced to rubble while you do little damage (see Fact 1). The only possible exception is when your opponent has the ref.

From speccing games I've seen you play, poweraxis, you should take heed of these three basic facts of fouling. Most especially number 3. Yes, Dirty Player is a skill only there to hurt players, but so are Claw, RSC and Mighty Blow - and they don't have IGMEOY to tone them down.

You may check my teams to see how many Dirty Players I have on them.

Could we keep it clean, by the way?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Poll Question - DP .....part of the game ?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Go, Mully, go!
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Green Twisted Evil Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2004 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

now thats just being silly Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In my posts I attack the arguments and, to some extent, the playing style of others. You, Poweraxis, attack me as a person which is a very lame thing to do considering that you don't know me.

I agree 100% with Mezirs post.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

now thats just being silly

Good I was afraid it might not belong on a thread like this. hehe Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Fact 3: When your opponent has DP, and you do not, fouling back every turn is the utmost stupidest thing you can ever do. It will keep your opponent's fouls with a 6+ IGMEOY every turn, and he gets a +2 to injury every time while you do not. This will inevitably result in your team being reduced to rubble while you do little damage (see Fact 1). The only possible exception is when your opponent has the ref.

I'd not quite agree with this. It depends on exaclty how many DP's he has. If its Wuhan or Deathgerbil with 4-6 DP and he also has several reserves to bring on next drive, then chances are he is going to foul every single turn and by the time he loses say 5 dirty players from ejections, its late in the 2nd half and you have a full casualty box. Smile

Fouling back even without a dp is then not such a bad idea. Fouling with your best player hoping he gets kicked out and is then safe from fouling isn't unheard of either.
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth: I guess Mezir is talking about winning games here. Not about keeping your players alive at all costs...
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I wouldn't play Deathberbil or Wuhan in the first place... Or any team with 4 DPs... Call me chicken if you want to. :p

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

This thread is about DP, and i'll like to talk a little about it. As many people said there are other skills/weapons that can be used or not with the same intention "increase the percent of getting one player out". sadly there are rules that when u pass an armor roll there are allways an injure roll and u can loose a lot of players if your oponent is decided to destroy your team. When i faced a killer player some times i'm forced to conceed, but before that u can always see your oponent roostrer and injury percent and u can always choose if u want to play or not. choosing that way i used to find cool games.

As some one state before. All are different in a tourney. In a tourney you can't choose your oponnent, and specially in a KO tournament u will try to do the best to pass the next round, so if u notice u will need a DP to increase your chance of winning i dont see a reason dont choose it. But this doesn't mean u have to use it u can have your DP like a tactical wapon. Most of the times fear is the best skill u can get.

DP is very unbalancing, but keep one thing on mind.

1) you have to block/blitz your oponent and u have to set prone an oposing player.
2) If u want the full power of DP u have to give some aid.
3) you have to pass armor/and then dices will decide your future.
4) u can get out.

Tips i have found useful for playing.

If u dont like to get fouled dont offer an easy target for being fouled ( and obviusly never when u r near a DP). I have seen people trying to dodge out a DP with a player with block. I'll prefer blocking him with 2 dices if posible.

If u have one turners/blodgrers/killing_guys use them wisely nobody likes them

Always try to ballance your SPP, If u balance your spp if u loos a plyer u allways can recover more easily.

Dont leave alone your BG. BG are magnets for all block,blitz and foul so never leve them alone.

notice that u can always blitz or block a DP to try to get him out before he even try to foul, but think that your oposing player may want you do exactly that.

Finally I have to said that the games that i had more casualities aren't against killer combo teams, or teams full of tricky skills. my worst casualities games are against normal teams, but only Nuffle knows why, the client suddenly likes to roll very high injury rolls against my team. So be patient and may be some team will survive enough to doesnt bother about DP, or any skill.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 22:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Like everyoine else i have nothing to add to this much flogged horse. But i only managed to get in on the original fouling thread on page 17 or so, so i thought i'd get on the dp thread within the first 5 or 6.

As said before by wiser than I:

Don't let good players get into 'lonewolf' positions and they are unlikely to be fouled effectively.

Don't foul back and the ref will balance it for you.

Don't whine, as it's sad and shaming.

Don't argue with others when its obvious to all you have no clue what you're talking about.

(for the record, DP's=0)
 Jump to: