22 coaches online • Server time: 05:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
A single +AG on a troll will not increase TTM success in the slightest.

It reduces the danger of a fumble by 16.7%, though.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

On the skills, point taken. Most players would be lucky to get two skills. However I do not understand why everyone goes Bash bash bash.
The Dwarfs seem to be so effective with tackle as their opponents are motionless you must have a skill to counter the elves.
On a blitzer I would go block then tackle. Then shadowing and any ma increases after that I would definately take.

ON your blockers I would go your block then guard then tackle. Why so you can pone a coach with dodge.
Topper

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

U can allways use both AG, and MA.
Depends on how u play, if ur BO is allwys in the frontline donĀ“t give him AG or MA.
But if u like a slightly slower, but stronger Blitzer or mayby as a "lastman " in defence MA and Ag is great.
On doubles ALLWAYS give him a skill, that requieres such a roll. EG. Standfirm, Frenzy(really great for a BO), Dodge, and mayby even Sidestep to get inside opponents cages.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Britnoth wrote:
A single +AG on a troll will not increase TTM success in the slightest.

It reduces the danger of a fumble by 16.7%, though.

No it doesn't. Fumbles happen on a 1, the target for an accurate pass does not change the modifiers for tackle zones and range. An ag5 thrower will still fumble a long pass one third of the time without reroll.

Plus, as almost every TTM is at least a long pass, the -1 modifier would mean you need a 6 for an accurate throw whether you have ag1 or ag2. I'd never take +AG on an ag1 big guy - it is meaningless for TTM unless he rolls another.
Corneto25

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

dont take +ma or +ag on Black Orc Blockers, ever.

on blitzers i would reconsider... i have 2 with +ma and would probably be happier with a skill instead.
s3g

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

isn't a fumble "rolling 1 or less AFTER modifiers"? not just a natural 1?

so it does decrease the chance of a fumble
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on how you want to play your team. If you're thinking long-term development keep in mind not every elf team out there will be eager to play your 8-9MB power house. (4mb blitzers, 4 mb blockers, 1 troll). Taking +MA/+AG on blockers isn't a bad thing, those SPP's will come if you're patient. So I'd decide whether you intend to bash your way to stardom, or try a running/passing game with minimal MB/DP, or a combination of both.

If Bashing, for your blitzers I'd say it's a toss up between MB/Tackle/Guard or MB/Guard/Tackle for your first 3 skills. If not, drop MB altogether and opt for skills like Strip Ball and Shadowing. Your Blockers depend on your playing style. If you intend on challenging anything/everything, give them Block/MB/Guard/Tackle. Otherwise Block/Guard/Tackle/Break Tackle.

And for whoever said they'd ignore doubles on blitzers/blockers, are you mad? With skills like Frenzy/Dodge/Stand Firm to choose from, you can greatly improve your chances of having a team capable of dominating.

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

s3g wrote:
isn't a fumble "rolling 1 or less AFTER modifiers"? not just a natural 1?

so it does decrease the chance of a fumble

i fail to see where modifiers are influenced in any way by one's agility ?

edit: i made the maths for a long pass TTM (that is up to 7 squares away)...

AG 1 => TARGET 6. penalty = -1. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2.
AG 2 => TARGET 5. penalty = -1. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2.
AG 3 => TARGET 4. penalty = -1. success on a 5,6, fumble on a 1,2.

for long bomb (that is up to 10 squares):

AG 1 => TARGET 6. penalty = -2. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2,3.
AG 2 => TARGET 5. penalty = -2. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2,3.
AG 3 => TARGET 4. penalty = -2. success on a 6, fumble on a 1,2,3.

the conclusion being AG3 on TTM can be useful, but AG2 is the same as AG1, except when throwing up to 3 squares (which is nearly useless ^^)

Last edited by G_u_s on %b %10, %2004 - %19:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
bigdog

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If i rolled doubles I would take Frenzy on BOB in place of Standfirm. Both are good. Frenzy is just more fun.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

G_u_s wrote:
the conclusion being AG3 on TTM can be useful, but AG2 is the same as AG1, except when throwing up to 3 squares (which is nearly useless ^^)

Ouch! - That are bad news for my AG2 Troll in my snotling team. Shocked
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

you can always hope for a second 5+6 Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

just hope the strong arm in the vault gets in soon
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think that ag2 is heaps better then ag1.

Your quick passes and smaller ranged throws are effected. You only have to chuck a guy four squares if he can run 6 or 8 then he is at the try line.

Plus on a double roll you could go for accurate with ag+ that then allows for an advantage.

If you are long bombing your Gobbos then your in trouble.
Squiggy

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Except you can't use accurate on a TTM. only pass (which allows a reroll to a pass action) or pro (which gives you the chance to reroll anything 1/2 the time).

All other skills for throwing mention "the ball" and unfortunately, a goblin doesn't count as a ball.

stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I higly disagree that TTM for relatively short passes is useless. I have stopped many boxes by throwing a gobo or fairy or whatever into a box and the scatter either taking out the ball carrier or a side of the box.

Did I miss something in the vault? Strong arm offers nothing new where I read it..

+MA or +AG on a blitzer...toatally worth it...
+MA or +AG on a BoB...total waste of a skill...
IMHO
 Jump to: