17 coaches online • Server time: 06:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/01/gencon-previewgw-homepage-post-1/

looks like the box comes with 6 saraus and 6 skinks. No one knows if the green skinks are a new positional or just for variety. Slann reduced to a turn counter.
Joost

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks to me like a new type of player, perhaps a chameleon skink?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

it is a chameleon skink, as the text says so. really hope they havent buffed the lizards. If I were to guess I would say they are the sme price - 1 AV with the skill Catch. Which wouldn't be awful. If they start with Sure Hands though that will be far too big a buff.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Shindahl would love some catch skinks!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, will you edit the Chameleon Skinks from your Secret League Skink roster and make them like the GW ones?
I think you should for consistency (as you did for example adding to the Eshin Gutter Runners Weeping Dagger).
If you don't want to change them then I suggest a name change to prevent confusion.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 01, 2019 - 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Garion, will you edit the Chameleon Skinks from your Secret League Skink roster and make them like the GW ones?
I think you should for consistency (as you did for example with the Gutter Runner Weeping Dagger).

it depends on what they do with them really, most likely I will, but if its something truly awful I won't. That said I included Weeping Daggers even though i consider their inclusion in the rules an abomination.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
it is a chameleon skink, as the text says so. really hope they havent buffed the lizards. If I were to guess I would say they are the sme price - 1 AV with the skill Catch. Which wouldn't be awful. If they start with Sure Hands though that will be far too big a buff.

Even giving them catch makes an already very good offensive bash team even better with more reliable 1 and 2 turn options
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Garion wrote:

Even giving them catch makes an already very good offensive bash team even better with more reliable 1 and 2 turn options

sure, I don't know what they have done, this is just a guess. I would rather Lizardmen were left well alone as they are already very top of tier 1. But Catch and -Av wouldnt push them over the top imo. It would be a tiny buff, which they absolutely don't need. But it wouldn't be game breaking.

The new player could be something worthless like a skink with diving catch for 10k more which will almost never get taken.

The miniature has a tongue firing out it's mouth and catching the ball. so it would appear to be catch or diving catch.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Catch and 'Chameleon' (works like foul appearance)

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

With the skinks big eyes they look a bit more like BB Slann than usual.

Last edited by garyt1 on Aug 01, 2019 - 23:40; edited 1 time in total
neilwat

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 21:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The skinks look a bit drunk
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

neilwat wrote:
The skinks look a bit drunk

I dunno if it is the sculpture or the painting, but they look like derpy pugs or Chihuahuas to me.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They do mention chameleon Skinks in the text, but just after writing Massive Saurus. Doesn't sound like a specific positional. Just Saurus and skink.
Though anybody who wants a Lizardmen team from scratch will want a Krox model.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2019 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like a baller positional to me. Maybe with monstrous mouth. Hope I am wrong though.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2019 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

They're kind of missing the point with these type of '2 tone' rosters; believing they're boring because they lack positionals and sadly not seeing the depth.
 Jump to: