17 coaches online • Server time: 03:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fuel

Post 22 Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Our country is probably going to attend Eurobowl 2020 and its first time we are heading to Eurobowl and we have 0 idea how to manage a team. because eurobowl is close to us this year theres a lot of interest.
Could you guys let me know how you do it in your country?
I know UKs, captain chooses the team, how about others? its hard to find info cause i guess all forums are in native language. So i thought ill try here.

Thanks in advance Smile
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

In France, system to chose captain and team have changed over years.

This year, it was an election for a captain and his program.

There were 6 candidates who had different programs about how to chose their team of 8.

The one who won said :
-he choses the 2nd coach
-then 2nd coach and him chose the 3rd coach together
-then these 3 coachs chose the 4th coach and so on
-when they are 8, they chose if the captain plays with them or if he's a non player captain and they have to chose a new 8th coach.

Edit : Ah, forgot to say :
to vote, coaches had to be french and to be ranked in french blood bowl championship or to be french and to have played in last NAF world cup.

Edit 2 : in my humble opinion, methods have to be really different depending on how many coaches want / can play for your country at Euro.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thats an interesting system. Thanks!
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I'm usually the Swiss captain, but basically our community is about 30 people of which 5-15 can make themselves available for Eurobowl and or Europen. So more or less we just try to get as many as possible to come, splitting into Eurobowl and Europen. Since the more experienced players usually know all the players which could join its normally some of the more experienced players that get elected as captain and then chose their squad according to:

- Coolness at the bar
- Readiness to organize stuff like team T-shirts
- Response time below 1 week
- Tilt and whine resistance
- Dice luck

Then we somehow try to figure out who plays which team, where usually there are a couple players with clear preferences and some who can play a variety of teams. I guess trying to figure out which 10 teams to pick from is always a bit the challenge given the ruleset, this year it looks like tier 4 seems pretty playable, Darkies, woodies, Lizards, Undead are never wrong, but depending on level of play it's ususally better to just let the inexperienced coaches play what they're familiar with.

Would be great to have a Lithuanian team!

Not sure if you're aware, but you can also join if you have 5 Lithuanians and then get 3 freeboooters. Of course it's always better to be able to create a team without freebooters, but we also had issues multiple times with drop outs where we had to use 1-2 freebooters.
Fuel

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@Strider

Well we have like ~20 people who want to go so i would guess we wont need freebooters atleast this year Very Happy
Problem that we have is that we never had a NAF tournament in our country, or any tournament at that. We have like 2 major leagues going in two different towns and + couple minor ones in smaller towns. and appart from like 1-2 people we never mixed between towns, so we have no idea how other players play, lol. Ofcourse city A thinks city B sucks and vise versa Very Happy
so i though to check how other do it and maybe we will find a way to make our team Smile
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn we have two major leagues in Lithuania? I should use healing pot for my Introvert trait and join Neutral
PrivateNiCeGuY

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Not 100% sure cus im pretty new here.
But Sweden picks a Captain (usualy a seasond player that have played the last Eurobowl´s) the captain can stay for more than 1.
Right now we have a national ranking with all the games played in Sweden (and the nordic countries) the last years. That list is the base for the draw. But the captain is responsible and can step away from it if he deam it correct.

Atleast that´s my understanding of the system
Fuel

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Popcorn wrote:
Damn we have two major leagues in Lithuania? I should use healing pot for my Introvert trait and join Neutral

Yep, one in Kaunas and atleast one in Vilnius. Klaipeda has one too. And i heard some rumours abour Siauliai as well. So yeah use thosepots! lol
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2019 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I would just recommend doing a qualification tournament. Top 4-5 qualify, captain everyone can vote on, then picks the remaining 3-4, that way you have a mixture from both leagues (usually) and a couple buddies can go together.

Other approach would just be to pick 4 from one league and 4 from the other but captain decides, or you could just go this league this year, other league next year.

I think important is that you have some kind of forum where everyone interested can tell what he would like.
Fuel

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2019 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

@Strider

yep thats what we are doing now, debating stuff.
Thats why i asked what other countries do, we might use some of your ideas Smile
lemf

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2019 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It may also be worth trying to run a smaller Euro style format weekend NAF tournament somewhere in Lithuania prior to the tournament.

Could be fun
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2019 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

In Germany we have an election within the community to determine the captain. Being German of course our reguations about who is allowed to vote are ridiculously complicated Wink

Then the captain simply pics the team as he wishes. Usually the way he plans to choose the team is the main point of the "campaign".

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2020 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

In Denmark we have a qualification system based on global NAF ranking. If you want to give it a go with google translate You can find the Details here:

https://www.bloodbowl.dk/kvalifikation-til-eurobowl/

You can also look up the ranking of any NAF registered player with games within the last two years on the same page.

In short top 7 is qualified at new year based on the maximum ranking during the last year and the team picks the last players.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions.

Cheers
Cheers
phil78

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2020 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Scottish team is made of 4 captains picks and the top 4 from the previous years Scottish Championship , which is based on points accumulated through tournament performances.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2020 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

We elect a captain and then (s)he picks the team based on some subjective criteria. There are a couple of objective things, but they're little bits and pieces everyone interested should hit easily. Be English, play 25 games in a year (iirc), that sort of stuff.

From a NAF point of view, we don't care how you do it, so long as it's a well recognised and agreed system within your country. As you're finding, there are almost as many systems as countries, and it often comes down to the 'character' (for want of a better word) of the country and your coaches as to how you'll do it.
 Jump to: