60 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2020 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'm taking part in the Quick Snap event at Warhammer World on 21 Mar 20 and after some team skill advice please.

Rules:
- Starting treasury of 1,250,000 GPS
- Must have a minimum of 1 special events card or one star player or both
- Any skill can only be taken up to 4 times
- Only one additional skill per player

I'm taking my UW team and the breakdown is as follows:

3 Rerolls
Troll
2 Blitzers
2 Throwers
2 Linerats
4 Goblins
Skittar Stab-Stab
Glart Smashrip

As UW Ive got 5 normal skills and 1 double. This is where Im stuck as the options are so varied especially with mutations but the limit of only 1 extra skill per player means no MB Claw killer or 2-heads Big hand gobbo. So far Im going with:

Normal
Troll: Guard
Blitzer: MB
Blitzer: Tackle
Goblin: Two heads
Goblin: Big hand

Double
Linerat - Guard

or

Normal
Troll - Claw
Blitzer - Guard
Blitzer - Guard
Linerat - Wrestle
Linerat - Wrestle

Double
Goblin - Dirty Player

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on either team makeup or skill selection, thankyou!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey man,

I play UW with no skilled gobbos (not through want of trying but through constant death) but I don't really see value in them (skilling them that is), I would put all skills on rats. I would consider Leader on one of the throwers for a cheap reroll.

Troll - Block (Double)
Blitzer - Tackle
Blitzer - MB (This would be claw, but with Glart its not needed here)
Thrower - leader
Thrower - block (carry with)
Linerat - Wrestle

But otherwise i really like the list. I love Glart and Skitter. Very useful star players. Make sure you foul in the first half until you get a sending off. Goblins on the bench are just cheap bribes Wink

Dirty player would be a great double but with no bribes you will lose it very quickly meanwhile Block on the troll makes him far more reliable. If you want to go passive with him I would definitely whack tentacles on him.
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to to reply. Due to having a 1 year old I had a lot of time (very early) this morning to mull this over. I've tweeked the team list slightly to get a deeper bench to allowing fouling and absorb some casualties:

2 Rerolls
Troll
2 Blitzers
2 Throwers
Linerat
7 Goblins
Skittar Stab-Stab
Glart Smashrip

Skill wise Im toying with

Troll - Guard / Tents
Blitzer - MB
Blitzer - Frenzy / Tackle
Thrower - Leader
Linerat - Wrestle

Goblin - DP / Wrestle

Ive got the option to ignore the double and take a normal so Block on the second thrower is also a potential.

Frenzy on the blitzer is to try and use Glarts grab to set up surfs and keep my oppo honest about the sidelines. Still leaning towards DP on the gobbo, especially now with a bench.

I also prefer to play the troll passively. I want to like tents on the troll but haven't had much succes without him having SF as well. Im concerned he'd be effectively just a rookie troll against bash teams if he just has tents. Though against agility he is often outpaced so aaarrggh decisions....!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly cant see why on UW would you not take Block on the Troll. If I was against you with a bash team (particularly with block skill), I would readily block you 2 dice against. The troll can be played passively, but Block gives it more surety both in attack and defence.

Any skills on a goblin are a waste IMHO..
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I much prefer that second list you have, Frenzy is a good shout but 1 tackle is necessery. It's pointless sometimes but when its useful its super useful.

I would still go block on troll as Clay said, I see it as a safer bet than dirty git. With the extra bench you can foul as much as you want so you should get some removals without it. I'd also always say get all the rats.
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for the replies gents, I'm convinced ref Block on the troll, still undecided on the 2nd blitzers choice.

Whilst I see the need for tackle, with a wrestle linerat and to a much lesser extent stab on Skitter, I'm less worried about Blodgers. I'm still leaning towards frenzy as i think it has a greater utility more often, even if that's a mental effect forcing the oppo to consider the risk if they hug the sidelines:

Troll - Block
Blitzer - MB
Blitzer - Frenzy
Thrower - Leader
Thrower - Block
Linerat - Wrestle

No change to the previous 15 player, 2 RR list!

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Cerberus85 wrote:
Cheers for the replies gents, I'm convinced ref Block on the troll, still undecided on the 2nd blitzers choice.

Whilst I see the need for tackle, with a wrestle linerat and to a much lesser extent stab on Skitter, I'm less worried about Blodgers. I'm still leaning towards frenzy as i think it has a greater utility more often, even if that's a mental effect forcing the oppo to consider the risk if they hug the sidelines:

Troll - Block
Blitzer - MB
Blitzer - Frenzy
Thrower - Leader
Thrower - Block
Linerat - Wrestle

No change to the previous 15 player, 2 RR list!

I'll back the frenzy decision mainly because I think it'll make for some crazy good moves. Will you be able to post up a report of how you get on? I'm super curious!
neilwat

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 21:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Normal
Troll - tents
Blitzer - MB
Blitzer - Tackle or guard
Thrower - Block
Thrower - Block
Linerat - Wrestle

Taking those 2 stars is a must with only 1 skill max per player. I would go with something similar to above
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer your first roster, take all the skaven you can so two linerats not one. With the two stars too - and they are good and fun ones - you would then only have to field two gobbos at the start of the game.

For skills the two absolutely key ones for me would be block on the troll, and tackle on one of the skaven. Tackle is essential for every team, sooner or later you are probably going to come up against elfs, amazons, skaven, deadies with ghouls, human catchers, or stunties of some kind for whom dodge is a key skill. The key plays to decide TDs each way in those games are likely to involve you trying to bring down a dodge player, so you need Tackle!
Roto

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a regen format tournament or do injuries stay from game to game?

Post 10 Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

Thanks for the replies! The tournament is a regen one with three games to be played!

All fair points regarding tackle, but with Wrestle I still have a way to get the buggers down....still undecided though!

I agree in principal with another linerat but swapping one out and dropping a reroll gives me a much deeper bench to foul with. Also in my (admittedly limited) experience unskilled linerats last less time than the gobbos without the dodge protection either to move away with a reroll or as a form of protection from tackless players.

The irony is not lost on me that I'm justifying frenzy over tackle as a skill choice whilst also using dodge as a form of protection from tackless players!!! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2020 - 23:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

One coach did very well with UW in the York team challenge, he had glart, skitter and claw on the troll. I can’t remember exactly what else.
 Jump to: