10 coaches online • Server time: 04:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OK so far signed up for the Amorical Regional Playoffs we have 6 teams.

Bagman19's Walled Lake United (human)
Mully's Wester Hill Cleavers (human)
EvolvetoAnarchism's Roaming Rampaging Rapids (amazon)
Cyric612's Lamaldar Warriors (high elf)
LurkingGrue's Hashut's Horde (chaos dwarves)
Da_Todfatha's Anvilz (chaos dwarves)

To reiterate, this tourney will be a round robin with 10 days allowed for each round. Staganation almost killed the OCCS, so I don't want to drag anything out, but if at 10 days you have your game scheduled, let me know otherwise it'll be forfeited and we can all move on. Wink

Anyone else wanting to join, please let me know asap, I'd like to start on this Friday, November 19th.
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

No one has registered any interest in the Albion Regional Challenge so far! Sad

Would you rather have it as a KO tourney? Or are members waiting for one of the other OCCS tournaments to start? Or should I just shut up and stop posting? Wink
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

how bout a 5 round Swiss or round robin tourney

With top 2 teams then playing a 1 off extra game for the championship

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The NA round robin - the Amorical Regional Playoffs - will be going ahead as planned but the European equivalent is dead. So I wondered if the european coaches in the group (if there are any?!) wanted something different to a round robin or just weren't interested at all.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

How about starting another "Orca-Cola Classic" instead?
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there are a couple options as I see it based on the OCCS rules as written.

1. Teams that are not in a tournament can get games with anyone, both inside and outside the OCCS, though no OCCS points are gained from games outside.

2. We can scrap the Amorical Regional Playoffs, and simply start a bigger all inclusive tournament. Or even simply open it up to you European coaches!

3. YOu European coaches put together some sort of Regional deal. Surprised)

The only reason I suggest #2 is I would hate for American teams to be stuck in a tournament seen only as regional when there is a more prestigious Tournament starting. We were both going to run regional tourney at the same time.

Just some thoughts. Keep Talking BB_ even if it's just to entertain us! Wink
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer a regional tourney. Trying to schedule games across the pond is a hassle.

Just wish there were more American coaches who will play.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BB_Pad wrote:
Besides I'm sure Wotfudboy is desperate to get the Reikland Round Robin added to his list of tournament successes! Very Happy

LOL... when you say "list" ... erm... it's the only one on the list!!!... all the ones I look like winning somehow get cancelled on me! Razz Hmmm... Razz

Thanks again to everyone I played against... I'm going to be spending more of my time playing EQ2 now, but I still have the odd tournament commitments to attend to, so cya all around.

<goes back to stare lovingly at his manager info page>
annachie

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
I prefer a regional tourney. Trying to schedule games across the pond is a hassle.

Just wish there were more American coaches who will play.

You should try it from my island Smile
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe well I gotta tell you for some reason I keep thinking it is Friday. Wish that were true. Must be my brain Agility of 1.

Anyway, I have started the ARP tourney for the N. American coaches. 10 day turns, so get those games in. Do not delay. I will name names of anyone not getting a game in without letting me know they are having troubles. Laughing

Mully let me know when your highest TR team wants to pound my lowest TR team. Nice Nuffle, real nice. Wink

Da_Todfatha
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well .....it its ANYTHING like our last game ........

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>-Amorical Regional Playoffs-(North American KO)</b>
The ARP is a regional tournament for coaches playing out of North America. All unranked teams are welcome to apply. There is no restriction on Races, but teams are restricted to a max of TR 200. <b>Star Players and wizards are not allowed.</b>

FYI - please remember coaches - id hate to see you buy the wizard only to have him sit on the bench all game

well ...not really - but this was on the original Orca Series rules

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well bad news and good news, bagman19 has been sacked. Not sure what happened to him, but he has not responded to his round one opponent, and even when online has not attempted to communicate so I've found a replacement.

Give a nice Bloodbowl welcome to SixFootDwarf, who's Hotheaded-Coldblooded lizard team will fill the void left by the humans.

So on with the show, round one will be extended a day or so to allow them to get the game in, though I think they are playing right now!

Da_Todfatha
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

With bated breath the crowds gathered to see who of the North Amorical teams would win the newest of the OCCS trophies.

ROUND 1:
Hashut's Horde (winner of the Cabalvision Athletic Cup)prevailed over Roaming Rampaging Rapids (1-0).

Bull Centaur registers 1 TD, 1 cas, and is awarded the MVP by the adoring fans. In this matchup, the Amazons saw two players take -1AV hits, will that prove to be a significant impact on their longevity?
-------------------------------------------------------
The Western Hill Cleavers defeat the Anvilz (1-0)

This game was the TR mis-match of round 1. The Chaos dwarves pulled out all the stops to try and upset the Cleavers. Fans threw rocks, fans rioted, shoes were greased, extra players snuck onto the field, but in the end it was not meant to be....
--------------------------------------------------------
Lamaldar Warriors defeat Hot-headed and Cold-blooded (3-0)

Within minutes of getting the nod to be a replacement coach in the Tournament, SixFootDwarf's Lizardman squad took to the Pitch to play Cyric612, a daunting task under the best of circumstances. The hugh elves proved to be better prepared in the ball handling as they repeated found the ball and the endzone, while the skinks found one to be difficult and the other impossible.

Round 2 matchups
Warriors vs. Anvils
Hot/Cold vs. the Horde
Rapids vs. Cleavers
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 2 Summaries:
The Amorical regional Playoffs get interesting as 4 of 6 teams find themselves tied for second place.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Western Hill Cleavers lose 1-2 to Roaming Rampaging Rapids. After their win over the Anvilz last round the Cleavers went in confident against a team of the fairer sex. The Hard-hitting amazons quickly reduced their male opponents to 8 able bodies on the field, and in the pouring rain they proved once again which is the stronger half of the race as well!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Lamaldar Warriors lose 0-2 to Anvilz. While the first block from scrimmage sent chaos dwarf Gorgon Dhuumhammer to the morgue, the Anvilz bounced back and scored twice while containing the smooth high elf teamwork. A blitz play late in the second half ended any elven chance of seeing the endzone in this match. (Of course before this game an assistant coach was accidentally hired instead of an apothecary leaving only 40K in the treasury and ensuring the CD blocker stayed dead.)

“You decided to play me without an apothecary? What were you thinking?” -Cyric612 approximately 30 seconds into the game….

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hot-Headed and Cold-blooded lose 0-3 to Hashut’s Horde. The dominant Chaos Dwarf team in the ARP, displayed how the won the Cabalvision Athletic Cup, sheer brutality. The Lizards lost 4 starters during the first half, allowing the dwarves to march down and score. They then executed a terrific blitz play and put the game out of reach, then adding insult to injury, they scored again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 3 Matchups
Hashut’s Horde vs. Lamaldar Warriors – can the elves escape alive?
Roaming Rampaging Rapids vs. Anvilz – Who will escape alive?
Western hill Cleavers vs. Hot-headed and Cold-blooded – can the lizards come alive?

STAY TUNED!!!!
 Jump to: