27 coaches online • Server time: 13:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
If L is forced to use the new Passing rules (which basically have been nerfed to death...) Then I strongly suspect after 15+ years it's time for me to find a new hobby. Sad. Sad

well, apparently there will be 2 rules updates a year so some hope in seeing it fixed. Though it'll take a lot for them to admit their "brilliant" new feature is broken on arrival.

but yeah, I might take a hiatus until the rules stabilize.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

MenonaLoco is already in SLO. Shocked

What I meant to say is that not many have taken the time to build up CRP teams in SLO

It would be an interesting novelty to have dozens of massive B/R teams enter it
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
koadah wrote:

MenonaLoco is already in SLO. Shocked

What I meant to say is that not many have taken the time to build up CRP teams in SLO

It would be an interesting novelty to have dozens of massive B/R teams enter it

"interesting novelty"? Twisted Evil

Those teams may be better suited to O[L]C.

I am assuming that the very big teams will have to cut to get into SLO. Also that the biggest SLO teams will have to cut to play in SLO.

If there will be updated rules in 6 months then putting teams on hold and staying put could be the best option.
Assuming that we are allowed that option.

This chat should probably occur in the League thread

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Regarding secret league questions on this page -
Yes SLO will use the new rules. No there definitely will not be a redraft cap.
I need to sit down and do lots of maths however I think it will 15 games then redraft, no cap, 20k a game, 20k a win, 10k a draw,

Average performance + Treasury is about 1700kgp with treasury. Sounds good.

Garion wrote:
Edit... also all slann teams are welcome to join SL if possible.
Looks like I am joining Secret League then.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

SL needs a scheduler, otherwise there will be the picking/get picked issue.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
SL needs a scheduler,

I would very much like that

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Average total income after 15 games should be around 900k (60 x 15) minus anything you spend in season.

effectively if you can change expensive mistake limits you can tailor any redraft figure on that basis
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You probably don't need more than about 100k saved if the draft CAP is 1350k. Any gold above the CAP will just be wasted. You are better off using the gold for inducements during the season.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed but thinking about those who may wish to set a higher redraft limit then even in 15 games you could easily set redraft to say 1500-1800 without much difficult. (Other than expensive mistakes taking all your savings, hence the ideal option to change when they kick in)
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
You probably don't need more than about 100k saved if the draft CAP is 1350k. Any gold above the CAP will just be wasted. You are better off using the gold for inducements during the season.

There is no cap in SLO.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the big thing to be aware of is the idea that teams that win most of their games will get significantly higher redrafts than teams that lose most of their games. that's part of why the cap in Competitive is set where it is, to avoid that 'winners win more' concept.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
yeah the big thing to be aware of is the idea that teams that win most of their games will get significantly higher redrafts than teams that lose most of their games. that's part of why the cap in Competitive is set where it is, to avoid that 'winners win more' concept.

Really not an issue in the new edition imo.
Once you reach a certain tv I honestly think you want to be lean to try and be the tv underdog. Star players are cheaper and better they will be much more prevalent. Fouling will be ubiquitous. You don't want to be giving away lots of Inducements you really don't.

Also as games as based on tv matchmaking having some teams that start off a 15 game run on 1600 isn't a problem really.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

*shrug* that's quite possible too. However, in general, given nothing else, typically the assumption is that inducements do not make up for large TV differences. That may change of course, but even if that assumption is wrong, I doubt the perception of it will ever go away.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Perception is often more important than truth. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
*shrug* that's quite possible too. However, in general, given nothing else, typically the assumption is that inducements do not make up for large TV differences. That may change of course, but even if that assumption is wrong, I doubt the perception of it will ever go away.

Since a lot of inducements got way way cheaper that can turn out very different even if both teams are very efficient with their tv waste.

Last edited by AzraelEVA on %b %10, %2020 - %19:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: