15 coaches online • Server time: 05:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't tend to worry so much about the people that moan. I worry more about the people who don't say anything but just don't come back.

90% would be great if it is true.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
PainState wrote:

Well Matt you do what you do...you will be a 5% of Box only and some other coach.

It's impossible to play Box-only vs Box-only teams.
So, not even 5%. It's 0%.

Right now you are correct. Once the GF is finally done then you will have the option to play only scheduled games/box if you want or only pick your games....or do both.

We are still waiting for the gf to be finalized and made active.

I suspect the vast majority of coaches in C will play both formats on a regular basis with their teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Many will play only by scheduler because trophy teams are strict only.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Many will play only by scheduler because trophy teams are strict only.

You are most likely correct. This is good though in the big picture. It now allows teams in C division to play how ever they want. No more of this B vs R stuff.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I do agree.

B vs R debate is stupid, both do exactly same thing but a bit differently.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
...No more of this B vs R stuff.

I just love those optimist folks. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as a old fart around here I do like the direction of the GF to finally allow the two main meta groups in the R/B to finally have their home in a unified C div.

Box Trophy which is 100% old box style and the E.L.F. meta group in R which to make that group work you really need to "Pick" to get games and points.

There are sub meta groups in both the old B/R that now will be able to move forward and maybe come up with new ideas for meta groups now that any team in C can choose Pick or activate.

This is a positive move on FUMBBL's part and not a bad thing.

Just maybe the idea of Pick only and Activate only will die off?.....I need more whiskey.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

No. It won't die. I will be honest about it. I will put my strong teams in the box as it is the only way to get games with them. My goblins, flings, and softer teams will be even pickier about the matches because the box will activate at some point.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Great to see Scheduler progress.
Hopefully not long after that starts when we migrate old teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Great to see Scheduler progress.
Hopefully not long after that starts when we migrate old teams.
Seasons! Seasons! Seasons!

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

From someone not in a European timezone; all but my current BBT teams will be C if possible, and I'll predominantly use the GF with the scheduler as an off-peak back up.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Right now you are correct. Once the GF is finally done then you will have the option to play only scheduled games/box if you want or only pick your games....or do both.

And I will be correct eventually as well. I can't select to play ONLY vs other Box-only teams.
I could find teams which played GF games as well whenever I activate in the Box.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not fashionable to agree with Matt, but this time I do

I don't like the idea of Box style teams facing Ranked style teams, and not being able to do anything about it

The stats always showed that R teams had higher average TV than B
I don't want to side-track about which was better, but it does dilute the point of the 'blind match making only' .. if its ... not that

However. If we disregard the big killer teams of old, it makes less practical difference.
CLMB has been nerfed, PO is gone which both help.
Ideally though, we need Seasons and Redraft, and then it won't matter at all imo

Additional point:
If you have 'Mixed' ('Open') as an option, why would anyone choose the other options?
I don't see a reason for why they exist. Can't you just create a team in Mixed and then choose which method(s) you're using on each activation?

What I mean is, isn't it better to give the choice of method at the point of each activation, rather than at the point of team-creation?
Fixing it at team creation just seems a bit restrictive

Overall, it seems really good. although I didn't fully understand what was happening in the video Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it is fixed. If your team plays an open match then it becomes a mixed team. It will no longer be eligible for the BBT.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

Additional point:
If you have 'Mixed' ('Open') as an option, why would anyone choose the other options?
I don't see a reason for why they exist. Can't you just create a team in Mixed and then choose which method(s) you're using on each activation?

Take with a pinch of salt, but I think these are the reasons.

Strict mode will enable you to enter events that are for strict only teams.

Gamefinder only mode is a convenience so that when you click to join the next BlackBox draw, teams with this mode are automatically excluded.
 Jump to: