17 coaches online • Server time: 04:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 10:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

As of last night, the new Blackbox scheduler is in a state where it actually functions as a scheduler. With that, we're looking for feedback in order to improve the usability and identify and fix bugs.

So if you have any thoughts or issues, please do post them in this thread.

Note that there are a number of UI/UX things we are already aware of and we're not considering it to be fully complete at this point and it's in actual beta state.

Happy boxing Smile
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

POW !

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the implementation of the new Box, Christer and everybody involved!
I have a question: I changed the mode of my teams from Mixed to Strict.
Are still they shown on the GF page? Or, since they are on Strict mode, they are hidden?
Moreover, what is the advantage of putting a team on Strict mode? I guess it's hiding it from GF page so people don't know what you are activating... or am I missing something else?

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 03, 2022 - 14:30; edited 1 time in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, strict mode teams will still show up to others. That will change when we get around to it.

The intent of strict mode is to allow people who play both modes to mark certain teams as "only for blackbox" and not get offers from other coaches for those teams. It's mostly a convenience thing. Similarly, "Open" teams won't get activated in the box which allows you to maintain a set of teams where you don't want random scheduling.

Once the box trophy returns, trophy teams will be forced into strict mode (and as such can't pick their opponents).
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Take with a pinch of salt as I don’t have a full understanding of this.

You can change the mode of your team and it will save it. However not all of the behaviour associated with modes is in place yet. I believe that (eventually) a team marked as Strict won’t appear in Gamefinder for other users, so if you only activate Strict teams you shouldn’t be obviously visible to anyone in Gamefinder, this isn’t fully working at the moment.

Something that I only understood recently was that any team can set itself as Strict, doesn’t matter if it has already played games via Gamefinder. Strict just acts as a convenience to prevent you sending / receiving offers whilst that team is in Strict mode (it can only join Blackbox). Opposite effect for Open, it blocks that team from joining Blackbox, this is also awaiting testing to see if it’s fully working.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer beat me to it, ignore my message.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies!
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It is still early in development but I do have a question. If your team is mixed does your team(s) auto go into the scheduler if you are on GF and the draw is made? Or do you have to hit a activate for BOX button to go into the scheduler?

Heck, even if your team is strict (Scheduler only) do you have to take that extra step to hit a button to activate or are teams that are strict are always considered activated and no need to hit a button to activate?

Just asking

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to hit the "Activate my teams" Box button in both cases.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The first issue with GF-Box hybrid system: my opponent activated in the Box, I have been paired with him, but he just started a game (I guess via GF) and he didn't check the Box draw.
Great!

Activating in the Box should forbid to look for games with GF until the draw has been made. That would prevent from people activating, finding a game via GF before the draw and not showing up to the Box game.
Looking for games via GF should happen only in the mean time between the activations.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 03, 2022 - 15:35; edited 1 time in total
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for reporting, we can make a call to deactivate them from BlackBox when a GF game is fully launched. Or Christer may have a smarter way to do it. I don’t think that blocking using Gamefinder is on the cards as an option, apart from for 30 seconds before the draw.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:
Thanks for reporting, we can make a call to deactivate them from BlackBox when a GF game is fully launched.

That could be a nice idea.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This is extremely good news. I will see if I can try it out when I get home tonight.

Thanks you for the work to make this happen.
Avreus

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ok how to activate team for new blackbox?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to GF page, look at top right, "Choose teams". Click on it, the list of your teams will appear.
You can select them with the tick boxes.
Then go back to the GF page and click on the Blackbox button "Activate my teams" (it appears 5 minutes before each draw).
Important: check the mode of each team on the "Choose teams" page.
By default they are set on Mixed (GF and Box allowed to look for games).
If you want to remove some teams from the Box activation you have to put them on "Open" mode, that means they will not be activated for the Box and you can look for games for them only with the GF.
 Jump to: