43 coaches online • Server time: 13:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this thread was just rambling about random issues ?

Also world would be pretty horrible place if anything would be decided by your criterias.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

worry not Matt, for thou art a legend yourself: not the one we need, but the one we deserve.

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Official description of Competitive division:

"The Competitive division is the largest division on FUMBBL. This division uses the BB2020 rule set (with a 15 game season redraft under construction). There's a wide range of reasons to play games in the Competitive division. You could join the Blackbox Trophy or work towards playing in the official FUMBBL tournaments, participate in one of the meta-groups, try to climb the official Coach Rankings (CR) or just play and build your teams. However you must not play more than 1 in 10 games with the same coach. If you would like to play repeated consecutive games against the same coach/team, you should create your teams in the League division."

I did the "try to climb the official Coach Rankings (CR)" part of that description.
So, I did what is one of the things suggested by official (not made by me) description of the division.
You can think rankings are not accurate, fair enough. I think the same, but at least I achieved top 1 to say that. If somebody criticizes something he can't achieve I could think he does that just because unable to achieve it.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

So, one goal is complete. What is next? Try to win a Major?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
So, one goal is complete. What is next? Try to win a Major?

Win a game in tournamemt first ?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
[...]If somebody criticizes something he can't achieve I could think he does that just because unable to achieve it.

so that's why you criticize so much people playing for fun. you're just unable to achieve it - it's all clearer now...

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

New goal is keeping playing in the Box and try to keep the place in the rankings. Razz
Majors currently are not that appealing, with these rules.

About fun: is not measurable by rankings, so it's not a goal you can officially achieve. You can say you had fun, but there are no Fun points to climb Fun ladder rankings.
Rankings are about measurable things.
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Stealth-editing away insults, I see Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, the "rankings". how does your blog fares? you know... you can't outgame rankings.

Musings about Casualty table and Niggling Injuries effect on it
2022-08-17 13:08:10
rating 4.6

★☆ Flagrus, my 24th Legend! ☆★
2020-09-01 23:24:32
rating 1.6
★☆ Damoetas, my 23rd Legend! ☆★
2020-08-12 20:42:34
rating 2
★☆ Gitklitch, my 22nd Legend! ☆★
2020-06-12 14:55:45
rating 1.8
★☆ Thronq, my 21st Legend! ☆★
2020-05-27 15:23:26
rating 3
★☆ Tarsil, my 20th Legend! ☆★
2020-04-23 17:16:26
rating 2.2
★☆ Sturla, my 19th Legend! ☆★
2020-01-14 17:48:37
rating 2.1

★☆ Belekir, my 18th Legend! ☆★
2019-12-27 18:12:54
rating 2.6
★☆ Sordidus, my seventeenth Legend! ☆★
2019-11-06 20:11:54
rating 2.8
★☆ Malkash, my sixteenth Legend! ☆★
2019-10-16 15:07:15
rating 2.2
★☆ Ruthsul, my fifteenth Legend! ☆★
2019-10-09 15:35:28
rating 2.8
★☆ Shorg, my fourteenth Legend! ☆★
2019-07-12 15:47:00
rating 2.6
★☆ Chik, my thirteenth Legend! ☆★
2019-05-24 16:51:29
rating 3

cheers mate!

Java wrote:
Stealth-editing away insults, I see Smile

oh bloody hell, noticed it right now. It's still in the cache of my browser, shall I pull it out? Laughing

MerryZ

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

going back to OP's question: to be a legend in Competitive you have to play more and win more. keep going.

kozak

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should try to play stunties in C. Then you would become a legend in this division.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Thanks!
That's harder, because the 2 coaches above me Overall don't play in Competitive Black Box (but they are considered active anyway by the site) and there is no ranking decay.
Thus, by playing in the Box.

Well I cannot say if it Box games or not but Spartako took a break from [C] games in March when he finally got above Purplegoo. I cannot see any reason you cannot try for the same goal.

As for Purplegoo he has played one [C] in August perhaps trying to get his title slot back? If he plays any more and loses you may end up above him anyway...

Lyracian.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt I'll play many more pickup games any time soon. I'm actually pretty active at the moment (for me, at least), but I've got more than enough to be getting on with in terms of playing scheduled games in formats I enjoy the most. That game in C was a perfect storm of time off of work, a craving to play and the family being away.

I can see how, if your aim is CR, it is frustrating for the site to see Spartako and I as 'active' and to not hide us from the list. It's relatively difficult to stay over 180 for lots of games even if you're very good or you're gaming the system (or both); it was a really terrific tournament run I went on to peak at whatever it was a few R / B / C games back; it's not sustainable in a game like BB.

I'm not motivated by CR, I'm not sat there deliberately. Matt is (and it's actually quite refreshing to see someone be explicit about it). I think it would be entirely reasonable to bring in decay or a one month 'hiding' mechanism, or whatever to solve the issue. I say 'issue', I don't foresee it being in Christer's must-do list, for obvious reasons.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm not motivated by CR, I'm not sat there deliberately. Matt is (and it's actually quite refreshing to see someone be explicit about it).

I'm not a fan of MattDakka but yea, at least he's clear (albeit repetitive) about what he wants
People seem to bash him everytime they can and it just comes across as salty
So much so infact that rather than attempt to answer the (reasonable) original question, some people would rather take salty little snips at him
 Jump to: