12 coaches online • Server time: 06:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 23:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

yup. i have no issue congratulating Matt on achieving his goal. well done.

He IS a fine BB coach, everything else aside.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much!

By the way, I wondered, maybe you need CR 180+ in Competitive to be Legend.
Maybe 170+ to be Super Star, and 180+ to be Legend.
Just a guess.
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I've answered your question in the first page of the thread.

Sp00keh wrote:
People seem to bash him everytime they can and it just comes across as salty
So much so infact that rather than attempt to answer the (reasonable) original question, some people would rather take salty little snips at him

Maybe there's more than what remains of the public posts after all the edits, that rubs people the wrong way. Calling people salty is the ultimate disingenuos insult, because it dismisses any argument they might have.

Funny that PC's and Goo's post are both masterpieces of quintessentially British faint praise.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of my edits are about things I add because they come to my mind while I read again after I posted. Sometimes I find a better word/sentence to express what I'm trying to explain (I know, I still suck but I try to do my best) or I spot a mistake (grammar, spelling etc.) and I correct it. I'm not native English speaker. Also, if you really wanted to discuss with me you could do it in Italian via PM to remove any language obstacle, if you really wanted to debate about something and not just troll.
I don't edit posts on sneaky purpose.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2022 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't need to debate you, because you will never concede a point or apologise. I've already told you what you need to do a bunch of times.

Last page, you edited out a sentence to the effect of "you lost an opportunity to shut up", which does not fall into grammar, or explaining yourself better, or any of the rest.

Duplicitous, hypocritical, always playing the victim.

By the way, your question was answered on page 1.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I wrote that and I confirm it. Then I read again the post as soon as I sent it and I thought it was not necessary to write that sentence, so I removed it almost immediately.
And, even if I had left it on that post, it would have been far from an insult. It was more a remark, understandable because I got attacked and I replied on the fly. Then I removed it, nobody told me to do it.
I admit things I do, this is not what a hypocrite would do.

Thanks, I read it again but I didn't fully understand it, not your fault.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2022 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Another reason I edit my posts is to prevent spamming with another post following a post I just wrote (which, as far as I know, could be considered spamming a forum and thus against site rules).
Anyway, no problem, I get the message, you don't want me to post on forums.
I guess I will discuss privately via PM with coaches really interested in debates about BB or write a blog if I want to talk about something, so you can have fun in downvoting it to make it disappear from home page. Not playing the victim, just finding an alternative way to talk about BB.
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You confirm it... only when explicitly called out.

A hypocrite is someone who would publicly praise the site they spend their days on, and privately tear it down it incessantly.

He would also present a patina of civility publicly, and insult people in private.

He would also act all innocent, or just fade, when called out, repeatedly. What's that bit about wishing cancer on people, again?

Unfortunately people talk, and people can also use Google Translate.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You called me coward, that, as far as I know, it's an insult.
I offered you to play a game, you refused. That, as far as I know, it's hypocrisy.
Calling somebody coward then refusing to play vs him seems to match the definition.
Also, maybe you didn't notice, but you are always adding drama to a forum debate I try to do.
I know you do it on purpose, you are not as good as you think to be.
Anyway, I'm too old for forum drama and there is no discussion to do about my original question, happy life!
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I called you someone who is afraid to lose. You call everyone else a coward constantly.

Believe me, I'm really trying to avoid interacting, but you're in every single discussion, often refusing to even entertain another point of view. We've already ascertained that can't be helped or changed.

You're never going to acknowledge or apologise for anything so there's no point. Enjoy singing your own praise to those who will listen.

Call people all sorts of names for things you do yourself (but you've always got an excuse! And definitely not an hypocrite!). Occasionally wish cancer on games developers, maybe.

You do you buddy. It's all you have.

I'm done.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattdaka, in the new C division, you need more than 176 to be Legend or a higher %rwin (yours is too low for C seeing the % of top players)

It is the same formula that has always been used
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Eki wrote:
Mattdaka, in the new C division, you need more than 176 to be Legend or a higher %rwin (yours is too low for C seeing the % of top players)

It is the same formula that has always been used

Matt is the No. 1 ranked coach in [C], yet Spartako is a Legend and Matt is not.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Right. It has always been like this. being number 1 does not make you Legend. Spartako has a higher %win
Endrophil

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the main reason may be that Spartako is just the better player:O

Ofc this is ironic because Mattdakka obviously is a good Player, just not the one I want to play against (sympathy-wise)
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

I guess I will discuss privately via PM with coaches really interested in debates about BB or write a blog if I want to talk about something

While I do not agree with a lot of what you post I think it would be a detriment to the site if you stopped posted.

Perhaps it is the 80% win rate that would make you a Legend? That seems another worthy goal to aim for.

Lyracian.
 Jump to: