20 coaches online • Server time: 07:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, the latest client update features the option to mark the used players with a green check symbol.
I like it, but from my particular perspective and in my humble opinion it is a bit counter-intuitive, because a green check seems to suggest that the player can still be activated, while actually he has already been used.
So, using a red "X" symbol instead of the green tick "V" symbol on the used players could prevent confusion and could be less misleading. A red "X" suggests that a player has been activated better than a green "V" (that seems to suggest that the player can be activated, instead).
Just an aestethic observation, I'm not complaining not criticizing the feature, just trying to provide a hopefully constructive feedback.
The option in my opinion is great, thanks for it!
Dynamix

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for highlighting this option MattDakka, used it in a game and I like it . I like the Green background tick rather than an X . Down to personal preference I guess ymmv
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers!
Yes, it's a very small detail, down to personal preference, as you said.
I think that, generally and most commonly,the red colour is associated to something you can't use, something you can't do, or something which is off/switched down, so I thought to point it out (I like logic in things).
It could have been a red round background with a white X (instead of a white V tick on green round background). Whenever I see a green tick symbol on a player, my brain thinks that the player is activable, while is the other way around.
Anyway, it's a great option and a nice client feature.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also look at it like "That player is done for this turn".

I was undecided between these two versions actually and went with the green one. I also contemplated giving more options but decided against it as I was not sure if people would actually use it.

So there is a chance that in a future version there will be other options.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! At first I thought that the green tick displayed a not activated player (and I expected a red symbol after the activation), so I wanted to make the first post's suggestion.
About using it: I always read the changelog (if developers bother writing it, why not reading it?), so I discovered this option, glad to advertise it.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think it’s a great addition thank you, and really helps understand the board. I do agree that the green colour is a bit counterintuitive, and the icon is slightly large. My guess at this would be that players who can still act have a smaller white circle/dot (no icon needed) in the top right, then once they can no longer act, the dot turns red. This would help a lot with mirror matches which can be quite confusing, all of your team would have a dot of some sort.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, another idea (I don't know whether it is technically possible): a green square outline around the not activated players and a red square outline around the already activated ones (or stunned).
A square outline has the advantage that it doesn't hide the player icons. Some icons are similar and it's better not to hide them with a mark (which is quite big, compared to icons' size).
That should really help to understand quickly the board.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the green checkmark, thanks