25 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d say, one might use it or use it not.
The cas-condition doesn´t really make sense. One can still argue that a raised player may not be used during the same game (or may be used in the same game, but then, only if one of the other players recieves a cas).
I don´t mind really. Since I play necro, I would gladly use the skill (even if it only gives me another coach; or to replace one of the wolves which are really expensive and have neither reg nor an apoth). On the other side one could call them wizards and they are forbidden. So, whatever the decision, I will accept it. Wink
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, we have enough teams now for two full divisions... so we will say that officially (since no games have been played yet)
the season starts today, and all coaches have 10 days to finish their first round. Good luck to all and have fun.

As far as the Raise Dead option goes. I see both sides of the story here, but technically since (by the rulebook) the Necromancer
counts as the team wizard, and team wizards aren't allowed... the Raise Dead option should also be disallowed. So, for now...
we'll consider it not allowed until further notice.

I do have a few coaches signed up for the league even though we have 16 already. I will keep accepting applications, and if we
get enough, I will start a third (fourth, ect, ect) division(s). Top 2 teams from each division will go to playoffs.

That's all for now... Let The Games Begin!!!
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I know we've barely gotten season 1 under way, but here's a quick note about season 2.

I like to have a good mix of races in a league, and I've noticed we don't really have that here.
Out of our 16 teams, about 50% are either Undead or Necro.... and of the remaining teams, 25%
of those are skaven, with only 1 Lizzy, 1 Orc, 1 Dwarf, and 1 Chaos to round things off. A pretty
predominately dead things league.

So, for season 2, I'm gonna say that only 2 of each race will be allowed in this league. That will
give us a better mix of races. Why am I telling you this now you ask? Because all coaches from this
season will be invited back into season 2, but some of you may have to change your teams. How will
we decide who changes and who doesn't? End of season standings. The playoff Champ will have the option
to keep his race or change, next will be the opponent he played in the playoffs, and so on down the line.
Once two coaches have chosen the same race, all other teams of that race, will have to leave the league,
and their coaches will have to make up new teams to continue in season 2.

So, not Only will you coaches be playing for the title of 5 Star Champion... but also for the right to keep
your team in season 2! That will both keep the races well balanced for next season... plus add a bit more
intensity to the games this season Wink

Good Luck to all, and have fun!!!
-Nehver
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean that we also play for the right to keep the same type of team or to keep the same team with all the SPPs that gained during the tournament?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If I understand it right, it means that the best coach keep his team a lot of SPP's? Confused

I really don't like the idea. OK it's not balanced but I do not find it normal to force players to change. I would say, simply select new entrys. Balance you're groups in dividing the teams of the same race in different groups.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I realized after I made that post that it really wasn't fair, and would cause major
upsetments. So all coaches who wish to, will keep their teams. I'll either divide the races
up evenly between the divisions, or not allow new entries to play races that are already
outnumbering the league.

-Nehver
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, dammit, i thought i had submitted soon enough to get into this league, but now its started, oh well, just have to hope im on the substitute-team list

"Best Bar in This Street"
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that option B sounds really fair as that would mean that the necro team whoud need to have suffered a cas to be able to use it then they have to RiP a player so in that sense its balanced

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, we've got 4 coaches on the waiting list...
If 4 more sign up, we can start a 3rd division.
Trif

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll sign up with a dwarf team...

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Trif

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

or chaos dwarf....?

"Now that's an esophagous!"
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I do believe that CD are stronger in 5 on 5.

So play dwarves. (yeah yeah I do not forget the chaos before dwarf lol)
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Or Halflings. They don't have beards but they're short and drink beer. Two out of three ain't bad....

Play Halflings.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Arg my gutter (Galzig) scored 3 TD so got 9SPP's.

Skill

Roll 12: a futur strength 3 blodger with movement 9 that sounded cool.

Ageing double 1, niggling. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh NOooooooooooooooooo

Now Galzig is my assistant coach. May he give me good advices.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that stinks.... (better?) Wink
Thanks to all of those of you who have gotten their games in already.
To those of you who haven't.... To the Pitch! The rest of the leauge is
waiting!

Just a fair warning to all. I'm very strict about deadlines and handing out
forfeits... that and I hardly ever give out time extensions. Also, if you miss
too many games, and are holding up the rest of the league, I have no
problems against ejecting teams from my league.

That said... let's get our games in, and have a good time!!! Smile
-Nehver

Last edited by Nehver on %b %20, %2004 - %22:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: