23 coaches online • Server time: 08:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the 5 Star League!
Use this forum for general questions,
reporting problems,
and general trash talking!

Most important rule....... HAVE FUN!!!

Link to the League Page:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1657
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2004 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

No substitute allowed?
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to start off anyhow... we'll see how things run, and maybe I'll chang that in the future.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Great when do we start
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the Undead and Necro Coaches. Are they allowed to resurrect killed players? I know they are not allowed to use these Zombies during the game, but one could retire them to coaches.
On the other side: Since wizards are not allowed, maybe this skill should be prohibited as well.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

In answers to your questions, we start as soon as we have 8 teams. I'd
like to get 2 divisions of 8 running (16 teams) but we can start when we
get the first 8, and then continue accepting applications for the second division.

As far as the Undead and Necro coaches are concerned... I have no problems with
the Raise the Dead skill. You may use this ability as you wish, and do anything with the
spare players that you wish, so long as you have no more than 5 eligible players at
the beggining of a match. (By eligible, I mean that actually CAN play. So if you have an
MNG... keep the newly raised zombie for that game, then retire him before the injured
player comes back).

The reason I do not allow wizards is because of their incredible ability to greatly disturb
the balance in this type of league. Let's say on opening kickoff, your opponent blasts your
3 men on the line with a fireball, and wipes them all out. Suddenly your 5vs5 game is a 2vs5
game, and it's only turn 1! I don't think the Raise the Dead skill is anywhere near as
devistating as this. So... my ruling is, it's allowed.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On a side note, I've submitted an announcement for this league. As soon as that goes through (usually takes 24 hours)
we should receive alot more applications, and the slots should fill up much quicker. We have 5 coaches now, I'll be joining
with a team, so basically as soon as we get 2 more apps, we'll have the 8 needed to start.

-Nehver
Captain1821

Post 12 Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Now we need only one more Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, let's wait...
tane

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Only official rosters? Duh. That would leave me with only Khemri and Elf to choose from.

Are you sure you won't accept Snotlings? A pump wagon or two shouldn't hurt too much and they're definitely fast and furious, right?
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to create an Old World or Chaos Pact team at first, before I reread the rules. So, they are clear.
I think that a pump wagon could be as devasting as a wizard, and that not only in one turn (especially with this kind of teams).
On the other side, I donĀ“t think you really want to play snots, do you? Considering 2 wagons, your trolls would be really stupid all the times, or you have only slow moving str 1 players.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, only official rosters.

On the other hand, we now have the first 8 coaches accepted, and the league has begun!!!
Celestial division is full, but we still have 7 slots open for cosmos division, which will be starting
as soon as we get 7 more coaches.

Good Luck To All!!!
-Nehver
tane

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

1 wagon, 2 trolls, 2 of them guys with poisoned daggers. They're real fast moving just as long as a troll has the wits to throw them. Great at getting those annoying gutter runners with block/dodge/side step/+ST, I'd guess. Ah well, yet another unused master plan...

But I can understand your ruling on only official rosters, probably better that way.
Aconite

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As an Undead coach in this league, I think the Raise Dead option should be thought about more. Either ban it's use altogether, or state that it can only be used if you've already had a player taken out of the rest of the match as a casualty. It does otherwise give a larg eadvantage to the teams that have the option to use it.

Though I think the more fair option is to stop it's use completely, I am quite happy to play with the advantage this could give me...

(Brad Osberg)
Nehver

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay that sounds fair, but since this isn't just my league, I want to let it go to vote.
I want everyone to have a good time, and not think that I'm just laying down the law.
So, I leave it to you guys do you want to:

a) Say that the Raise Dead option is too unbalancing, and therefore not allowed.

or

b) Say you may only use the raise dead option during a game that you have lost a player to a casualty
earlier in that same game.

Please, let your voices be heard.
-Nehver
 Jump to: