15 coaches online • Server time: 06:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I will update the league page at the start of the new season.
But No, there will be no Star Players allowed in season2...
along with a short list of banned handicaps. To be announced...

-Nehver
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well now that i have finished my course i should be in a postion to play more often

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So, a fresh team with 5 players right? I'm looking forward to joining in.
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Signed up just a minute ago.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ok when do we start?
Arcon

Post 22 Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm, should I keep my team or join with the freshly made human team...
Question Question
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm fresh meat, oh sorry did i say that? I meant to say welcome all you new folk

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i would love to join this league, burt not if the previous coaches are able to keep their fairly advanced teams. New teams would have next to no chance, if this was the case, and it would be no fun for the new coaches.

Could you confirm whether coaches will keep their old team? Or will it be a fresh 5 who play?
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso i am sure that Nehver will place the team rating brackets so that new teams wont have to face off against the uber powerful teams

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That would still be a bad option.

At some point there will be a playoff, with teams from the "new team" league and teams from the "old team" league facing off.

The "old team" leagues qualifiers would have a huge advantage, with substantially higher "tr/ts"
Aconite

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

We had games in the last tournament where the team ratings were vastly different.

With teams of just 5 members, ratings will very quickly expand in size. They can drop just as quickly though, all it takes is a death on the team and you plummet.

Would agree to keep the old and new teams seperate to start with, but throw them together for the final KO part.

(Brad Osberg)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, well Funso you're scared that's all mwahahahhahaa.

Seriuosly now, I played in UMT with a TR 100 team against TR 160 (and lost) but well I now compete well

Anyway, with 5 players you strenghten yourself really quickly. I do not think it's that impossible to be competitive at playoff hours.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.... I think it would be better to have all new teams. But I would hate to have the old teams wasted, so I would say let them use them. Then hope that deaths and injuries would accumulate and keep them in order so the new teams can reach them. So, a new braket and an advanced braket would be a good idea. Then have them face off. Even having a niggle could reduce your team by 1/5. So I doubt many players will stick around to accumulate too much spp.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

OOOHHH season 2 i been waiting for this since i just missed out on S1. Where do i find the rules and sign up (too lazy to trawl through all 11 pages of chatter)
Aconite

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to trawl through the pages, just go to page 1 and follow the link from the first message!

On the comments on old teams, any nigglers I've had I've retired. In 5v5 losing one man from the offset is too much of disadvantage to start with (not that I did overly well when I did have 5 starting anyway...). Of the 7 games I've played, only one of my team has been there for all of them, and he's _still_ not got a skill!!!

(Brad Osberg)
 Jump to: