51 coaches online • Server time: 12:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
remetagross

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2023 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If that's doable, filtering out the teams with, say, less than 8 played games should prevent that bias from weighing in.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2023 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm, but the average number of games played per team is very low. It's probably less than 8
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2023 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

8 games is plenty, whole season in mamy leagues

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2023 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

That doesn't mean its plenty to learn how to play the roster. Many people struggle in their first season.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2023 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming a league scenario with 7-game Season, yes, many teams are not that good in their first Season.
In my experience the early games with Elves of any kind are hard due to lack of skills and rrs.
They start to be playable after 10-15 games.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
That doesn't mean its plenty to learn how to play the roster. Many people struggle in their first season.

Yes but if stats from teams that have under 8 games didnt count it wouldnt mean thats its just for players that are new to the team. I for one have under 8 games on almost all of my teams.

Do get your point, but I still stand on my argument that in 8 games any team is as playable as older team.

Ofcourse older teams are better for TV but thats not the point of tiers or stats, no ?

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people won't be that interested in the first few games.

But you can always download raw data and slice it however you want. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2023 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated based on current stats - snotlings moved up to 0.75, and pact made it up to 2.5!
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2023 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
my proposed tiers based on C stats:
tier 3.5 (below 39%): goblin, vampire
Comments and jeers welcomed!

I am learning about goblins . I understand this 3.5 comes from statistics (is not a qualitative judgment) and perhaps linked to the really limited number of coaches choosing them (along with the Vampires) because they are objectively complex

I can't say much yet because I've only played 12 games but some key points
1) it is true that in Box the win rate decreases, but not as I expected (I still have an honorable 50% out of 5 games played maybe I was just luck)

2) I find that goblins perform much better at low TV. When you start getting skills the gap with other teams is felt much more. For example I have a ball carrier with Sure Hands that causes me 40k bloat and I feel it a lot. Maybe 3 rr without SH would be enough to manage ball carrierring I don't know...I will think about it next time I use them in Box
Anyway in my opinion they can be an acceptable choice for BT (not sure on RRR)

3) Management of players with secret weapons is the key to everything. And also the ability to buy a bribe (see point 2)

4) You always have to try everything with gobbos!

Nelphine wrote:
my proposed tiers based on C stats:
tier 0.75 (54-56%): skaven, snotling, human, chaos dwarf

If you play snotlings at TV 400 in a tournament or in CherryPick ( and find someone who takes the bait) ok the win rate statistically is high (look the RRR statistics before the Starplayer's ban)
But try to play Snotlings with 2 troll and 2 pump wagon at normal TV in Box: good luck in the second half.

On humans as well: to me they are a very versatile team, they can be very annoying (for your opponent). But I played them for 15 games and I think they are very complex to use. They can give great results (see Malmir in the BBT) but they are very difficult to handle. For me they are at least tier 1.5
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2023 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Just counterpoint here:
I did run BBT snotlings with 2 trolls and 2 wagons, and second half was often good as I had murdered the other team in first. Highest score I got out of any of my 12 different races.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2023 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Just counterpoint here:
I did run BBT snotlings with 2 trolls and 2 wagons, and second half was often good as I had murdered the other team in first. Highest score I got out of any of my 12 different races.

Interesting. Bribes and star players?
I can’t quite get my head around snotlings but i never tried Morglings.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2023 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hum. Stats says average TW diff was -5k, but doesnt account for low cost linemen it seems.

Bomber in maybe 5 games, bribes and rookies in another 5 maybe, and about 5 I was the overdog.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2023 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Just counterpoint here:

If this is the team and you played most of games in BBT I had to take back my statement
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1114523
Superb win rate !
Congratulation
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2023 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Snots are best value in BBT overall also

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/boxtrophy

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2023 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You convinced me to make a new snots team! Smile
 Jump to: