16 coaches online • Server time: 02:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much does Nuffle hate you?
Nuffle? Nuffle hates me more than anyone else on this site...ever.
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Nuffle? Man, he's really got it in for me. Nuffle alone
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Nuffle? We rub along okay - we have our good and bad days.
44%
 44%  [ 28 ]
Nuffle? Fine chap. Played lawn green bowls with him back at Eton.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Nuffle? Won't hear a word said against him. He's like family.
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Nuffle? Git ate my pie.
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 63

Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought about posting this a few weeks ago, but didn't, but in the mean time only more wildly anecdotal evidence has come my way. So here we are.

What would you like to complain about? And no, I don't mean turn 16 fouls (man up), people timing you out (entirely justified complaint, but I believe there may have been the odd thread about that one) or your mam refusing to do your washing. What single thing are you absolutely livid about and know for certain nuffle is targetting you, and just you, about? No actual evidence required. Just give us your completely biased account and we will nod sympathetically. We may even back you up, if we have specced or played against you. If we roll our eyes, we'll try to hide it. No-one can do more.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Right so here's my two cents - bet you didn't see that coming.

Go for its (gfi). But not just any gfi. Gfi that not only matter, but matter and are rerolled. If I can't reroll it, it fails about 1/6 of the time. If I can rr it, but it isn't that important, it fails about 1/6 of the time. If I need to make it, and it fails, and I have a rr, that rr turns it into snakes about 50% of the time. I can give you countless examples (but won't). It's frankly outrageous and Nuffle should be strung up. The defence rests, looking smug because they know they have won their case.
Chingis

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite bakery closed down in my town. No more tasty Greek tyropitas. Sad.

The reason I'm pretty certain it was Nuffle's doing is because I got good dice in the next match afterwards. I think he felt guilty.
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuffle and I generally rub along ok, I'd say we're on nodding terms though not quite at the shaking hands stage.

One thing I do absolutely resent though is that he seems to save his very worst days for when I'm playing someone I dislike such as panalukidis.

I've played him over 70 times and we've never had a balanced game, always one of us getting diced. My delight at his tears of helpless rage is always tempered by the knowledge that next time it'll me getting taunted as nuffle destroys my team.

Is a bit of balance too much to ask?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect that Nuffle is most likely female or some other non male gender.

I also kinda doubt that deities are much into the whole micromanaging the Universe thing anymore.

It is often just a case of the players stinking or the coaches stinking or a combination of the two.

The whole game is just an excuse to say "diddly poo" with a straight face.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

What would you like to complain about?

Everything! Twisted Evil but, since you mentioned Rushes, I will talk about them.

Failing a Rush with rr is annoying but it doesn't piss me off a lot (unless it's a critical one, such as a Rush required to Blitz the ball carrier before he scores or a Rush to score a TD). What I find really annoying is when my opponents spend their turns to make many Rushes, often not even really necessary, without failing them as much as per expected average.
Then, on my turn, I try that single important Rush and it snakes.
That's a kind of super irritating failure for me.
I guess that multiple rrs made things worse, because rolling more dice than necessary in a turn is less often punished by a turnover.
That means that a bad opponent making many Rushes forces you to risk Rushes (that you would have not risked) as well and in the end winning the game boils down to who rolls fewer snakes.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2023 - %18:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about rushes. If I fail a rush, I could have worked harder not to need it in the first place.

What totally irritates me is when my blockless mummies perform like crazy all game and when I need a push they roll three powskulls rerolled into another three. I know it is selective perception but I swear that my powskulls rate is directly proportional to my need for a push.

Another thing that I experiencing lately is that I fail a lot of regeneration rolls, especially against other regenerating teams. I attack first half, dominate the field, decimate the opponent, and all his casualties regenrate. I suffer a couple kos. His turn 8, he kills my LoS and I don't regenerate.
He attacks second half, and pounds my LoS again. And voila: a perfect first half turns into a damn tie because I don't have the numbers despite hitting as hard as I could. I HATE that and Nuffle really loves to shove this scenario down my throat lately.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Failing a Rush with rr is annoying but it doesn't piss me off a lot (unless it's a critical one, such as a Rush required to Blitz the ball carrier before he scores or a Rush to score a TD). What I find really annoying is when my opponents spend their turns to make many Rushes, often not even really necessary, without failing them as much as per expected average.

Those are exactly the rushes I am talking about. Yes and often it is prefaced by the oppo making them needlessly for fun, though I haven't noticed any direct correlation - it's just as likely if they haven't made any silly ones but I can reach the ball/endzone.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

What totally irritates me is when my blockless mummies perform like crazy all game and when I need a push they roll three powskulls rerolled into another three. I know it is selective perception but I swear that my powskulls rate is directly proportional to my need for a push.

Another thing that I experiencing lately is that I fail a lot of regeneration rolls, especially against other regenerating teams. I attack first half, dominate the field, decimate the opponent, and all his casualties regenrate. I suffer a couple kos. His turn 8, he kills my LoS and I don't regenerate.
He attacks second half, and pounds my LoS again. And voila: a perfect first half turns into a damn tie because I don't have the numbers despite hitting as hard as I could. I HATE that and Nuffle really loves to shove this scenario down my throat lately.

Now this is exactly what this thread is about. Hats off!
Joost

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent topic, and since the audience promised to not even roll their eyes here I go: armour rolls. I know the odds should even out after 2000+ games but I swear they haven't. I will do 8 blocks to start the game, and no removal whatsoever and then my opponent will do one silly blitz and knock out one of my players. Nuffle might bail me out with lucky dodges and stuff (as Dutchlife can attest from earlier today), but only after punching me in the face with consistently subpar armour rolls.

On the gfi topic: I feel your pain and Nuffle does single you out on that one Malmir
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped counting double ones on consecutive rushes or really stupid ones (if you play Goblin and don't have a semi-idiot Troll with the Pro you do 1 then try to activate the other one and do 1 :perfect! you find yourself naked with a handful of flesh for slaughter in the middle of the field!)...

my brain tries not to think about that little Nuffle demon that is there and isn't there... because in the long run the God of the Nut comes and goes, but often we only remember when it hurt us and not when it brazenly helped (like that 6+ pass with no RR caught at 3+ by a lineman! Wink ah what a memory!)

And as they say: no one can stop the sun from rising tomorrow, and after a sequence of terrible misfortunes usually comes a fresh spring of surprises! So: if you feel abandoned by the God Of Fortune for a string of bad luck games, it's time to dare! And you will see that you will be rewarded!!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Important: I don't think that the RNG hates me or that the RNG is badly designed.
Now that I think of it, I experienced often Blitz! events lately (both against and in my favour).
I experienced a slight increase of quad skulls as well, from an average of 1 every 60 games to 1 every 56 games. Quad skull is one of the things which pisses me off as well because it has a high gamebreaking potential.
In a game, a Blitz! happened. My opponent 5+ dodged more than once with a Bull Centaur through tackle zones because he was genuinely unaware that Dodge skill didn't work during Blitz!.
Another thing which pisses me off is when opponent takes risks without being aware of them and a lucky dice sequence rewards their ignorance.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes it is therapeutically helpful to do a post- analysis with statistical significance of your games (kind of like the first part of this article https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=RDaneel&id=24657 in particular picture 1.4)

If you go look at your last 10 games and mark down all the blocking dice you've rolled and calculate how many times you've had a quad skull happen to you, you'll find that it happens maybe once every five or six games (if you roll 100 blocking dice per game)... quad skull has high probability to happen every 1024 dice rolls... but starts to become likely after 500 rolls...

And the same for rush. And for whatever is linked with statistics

And let's always remember this strange effect of the brain fossilizing on negative memories and tending to forget the positive ones.

Reality guys, I am sorry now to say something blasphemous to the community, let's face it: there is no God of the Die... Wink
RDaneel

Post 18 Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

And by the way : NOTAM
expect miracles from Malmir in the coming games for the simple reason that

1) he is a very strong player
2) he has had TREMENDOUS bad luck in the last few matches

you are all warned!
Smile
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2023 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

Reality guys, I am sorry now to say something blasphemous to the community, let's face it: there is no God of the Die... Wink

Logic has no place in this thread Smile
 Jump to: