56 coaches online • Server time: 21:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Urrghs

Post 1 Posted: Nov 20, 2023 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a very minor, but I just wanted to report it. In this game https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4501803 my Dark Elf runner passes the ball only once, namely in second half, on oppo's 6th turn as part of a Dump-off action. The pass is 1 square forward, and is a success (although the replay looks strange, just as if the ball would have been bouncing or scattering). However, in the match statistics there is a -1 on pass for him.
Cheers
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2023 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Your runner was marked by the opponents dirty player lineman when he attempted the dump-off which causes a -1 for being marked by 1 opponent.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2023 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Better to report though and it not be right than something be not right and nobody report it!
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes; he was marked and still rolled a 4. This is, what he needed to roll on this quick pass. The pass was succesfull on first roll, so was the catch, being a 6.
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I was not clear in my thread opener....it is not about the pass being succesfull or not (it was, although the replay graphics look really strange here). The point is that it was counted as a pass one square backwards (-1) in the game statistics.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooooooh I misunderstood. I thought you were saying they shouldnt have had a negative modifier. You are talking about the post game stats for squares passed. Got it. Guess its because its a defensive turn pass so the game expects the ball to be moving the other direction.
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Carthage wrote:
Guess its because its a defensive turn pass so the game expects the ball to be moving the other direction.

that is actually kind of a sophisticated guess:
It could be really the case that by implementation the direction of passes is coupled to whose turn it is, and that Dump-Off was forgotten as an exception.

In that case this could easily be tested, as it should be the same for all Dump-Off passes. I will investigate that by checking out Dark Elf replays and Game stats.

Cheers
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you are right; I just looked in other games of mine, and it appears that for Dump Off passes backwards is always counted forward and vice versa.

Cheers
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Does TTM / KTM / bombs count?
Eg you throw a bomb at me, I catch it and throw it back at you

I guess it's only actual passes of the ball though
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Does TTM / KTM / bombs count?
Eg you throw a bomb at me, I catch it and throw it back at you

I guess it's only actual passes of the ball though

Think so, too, yes. As far, as I understand, it is about moving the ball forward.
 Jump to: