30 coaches online • Server time: 09:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I played my skaven v renegades who were up 230 tv. I selected fungus, but there was no option for Bomma. There should have been, ya? Or am I crazy?
Thanks in advance!

Ranzimusđź’•
Klunker

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Mega stars are currently banned from all competitive games on FUMBBL.
Many players had grown frustrated especially with Bomber being induced in virtually every game.
The following (mega) stars are banned:
- Morg
- Griff
- Deeproot
- Kreek
- Bomber
Doomfox

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

They really need to add Cindy to that list
dementor42

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Klunker wrote:
Mega stars are currently banned from all competitive games on FUMBBL.
Many players had grown frustrated especially with Bomber being induced in virtually every game.
The following (mega) stars are banned:
- Morg
- Griff
- Deeproot
- Kreek
- Bomber

Hakflem too.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

There are reasons behind the banning of megastars in Competitive, in particular Bomber Dribblesnot was a deadly combo with Chaos Dwarf teams at minimum TV, check out some of these games played by the very very good coach fxiii
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1094339

(also here: deadly combo: a very good coach playing a very low TV team with a killing low cost inducement:
a killer recipe; win rate 93% Smile and i think most of these matches has been Box Scheduled...!)

That said, after 05/2023 G&W's Errata/DesignCommentary, which reduces the impact of bombers
I must say that their impact has diminished quite a bit.

For example Cindy is very similar to Dribblesnot (and she is NOT a Megastar) but to be honest i don't have the impression is a killer feature anymore.

If I have 80k inducement to buy with low TV value Dwarf or Human sometime I prefer to hire the squirrel than to Cindy... but is my taste.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2024 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

In that same FAQ, they also made a bomber blowing themselves up cause a turnover, which was another marginal nerf that helped
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the info. I disagree w bomma and cindy being not both mega. but GW is not smart about rules and hasnt been since the 90s
Carthage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

bomma is a bit better because you can directly target a player (ie ball carrier) and as long as you pass the 2 or 3+ then they're guaranteed to go down cause of Kaboom, which is way too strong of an ability.
Ranzimus

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree he is better but if on is allowed both should be or neither
Doomfox

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranzimus wrote:

Correct
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bomma can be nasty, but remember he's going to fumble one throw in six (on a 4+ loner) and even inaccurate throws can go really badly.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:
Bomma can be nasty, but remember he's going to fumble one throw in six (on a 4+ loner) and even inaccurate throws can go really badly.

to be more precise the probability that Bomma hit himself becomes greater than 50 per cent after 4 rolls (including a reroll with >=4)

So together with was correctly pointed out by Sp00keh on turnover caused by a bomber hit by himself , plus the removal of +1 adder on Injury and Armour roll well... their power imo has been very mitigated.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranzimus wrote:

The mega-star designations are made in the FAQ/Errata. The email address for questions is bloodbowlfaq@gwplc.com, and I think either "Why is Cindy not a megastar when Dribblesnot is?" and "Why is Dibblesnot a megastar when Cindy is not?" are both perfectly fine questions to send in that direction. Wink

Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

they should both be megastars, despite the nerfs (and i wish they hadn't been nerfed, because goblin/snot bommas got nerfed at the same time, and shouldn't have been.)
Carthage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2024 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

More importantly it nerfed the Tzeentch flamers! 3+ passing bombers are the whole reason to play that squad!
 Jump to: