46 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2024 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, also, a fix for Defensive bigs: Players with primary S access but not primary G or A access lose secondary A access, and those with primary A access but not primary G or S access lose secondary S access. You can still get Defensive on ST4 Blockers (good clean fun) but if you want crazy ST5 Defensive, you can only do it with a ST increase.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2024 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, fair enough. Sorry for being a bit too dismissive and picky here.

The biggest doubt I have about your proposal is due to the sheer size of it. With that amount of changes, done at once, there is no way we can predict and control outcomes, it's already close to turning it into a bit different game. Assuming all these changes are designed to solve some existing issues, it will be impossible to figure out whether we achieved this purpose, due to a sheer amount of things we change. Will be hard to compare numbers before and after - that's it, even if we have numbers that show there is an issue.

It would help much if this proposal was re-structured in such way when changes were grouped into separate sections, with clear explanation what issue each section solves. But I would still be very uneasy about an idea of changing that much things in one go, this is a recipe for disaster, when dealing with complex system.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2024 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It's intended to be an edition, so you would expect a lot of changes. It would also be a thing you would want to playtest.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2024 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If Elves still need help ...

Elven Union: Catchers 95k, Throwers back to 75k but give them Running Pass or something stupid like that.

High Elves: replace Blitzers with Dragon Princes at 110k. 7, 3, 2+, 5+, 9+, Block, Pro, AGS/-.

Wood Elves: Wardancers go down to PA5+ but also go to 120k.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Casualties sustained for any reason are considered Casualties inflicted for the opposing team. Only Casualties caused by blocks (thrown or received) merit SPP for the inflicting player (barring Prayers to Nuffle).

What problem does that solve for, or what change does that make from the current edition? (I actually think that any casualty caused by an action that places you at risk of injury should grant SPP - so chainsaws and vomit can give SPP, fouling and stabbing can't (and maybe surf casualties should, because you've exposed yourself to the risk of double skulling while trying to surf somebody). Whether that means a flung halfling should generate SPP for the treeman, or the fling, or nobody, is up for debate.)

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The plan is that the league standings will reflect the actual lethality of the team, not just the blocking part.

Also, i've been rethinking the rock, maybe a table is better. like, what about this? Opponent rolls a d6 at the end of the turn, on a 6, rolls on the Restless Fans table (1d8).

1-2: Throw a Rock. Treat as a free Stab on the player.
3-5: Rotten Vegetables. Player must Catch the ball, it bounces on a failure.
6-7: Flasher. Player loses its Tackle Zone as if Gazed or Bonehead.
8: Streaker. Player is shoved aside by the grounds staff and moves in a random direction as if scattered.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, even with no stalling rules, the top five winrates in NAF-ranked play are all agility teams.

Almost seems that agility teams still have an edge in the hands of a good player, and that it is unecessary to nerf a tactic that slow teams need to hold tempo.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Plz people, dont intterupt this awesomeness, I already got another set of popcorn

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Proposal is very long so I didn't read all of it.
Some I agree with, a lot I didn't. As mentioned above, it's far too many changes.
I think BB2020 is essentially pretty good, apart from elfball got overnerfed

My suggestion would be:

- If a player with the 'Pass' skill makes an Wildly Inaccurate pass it will instead be treated as an Inaccurate pass

All(?) of the dedicated Thrower player types already have Pass skill
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Elfball would still be overnerfed, even with the Wildly Inaccurate change.
I played Elves a lot and Wildly Inaccurate is not a big issue because the passing generally happens only when there is no better option and on the very last turn of an offensive drive. Most offensive drives don't require a pass at all (there can be a vanity pass to farm SPPs, but not necessary), the running gameplay is the plan A.
Elves should get at least a +1 to the PA they currently have, with multi rr. With 1 rr per turn again, +2 PA to every Elf (with the exception of Throwers).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %09, %2024 - %11:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What was wrong with stalling?

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The lack of risks to perform it. Elves tend to risk in order to stall for many turns. A bash team can outnumber with removals and wait with the cage parked close to End Zone. There is no risk involved in that, this makes a game boring, because you can just stare at that cage and wait for the score. It's a necessary evil, a consequence of the rules.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %09, %2024 - %11:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Drexxl wrote:
Hmmmm, even with no stalling rules, the top five winrates in NAF-ranked play are all agility teams.

Almost seems that agility teams still have an edge in the hands of a good player, and that it is unecessary to nerf a tactic that slow teams need to hold tempo.

Though they don't look so great in Fumbbl Competitive.

One set of rules for so many different formats is never really going to work.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, NAF Elves resurrect game after game. That doesn't happen in perpetual leagues.
Elves are expensive to replace.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2024 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Plz people, dont intterupt this awesomeness, I already got another set of popcorn

I have already finished it. I have switched to beer and pizza now. I'm saving the vodka for the "grand final".