119 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I've seen that there is a new team page.
If possible, please, it would be nice to have the team win rate % displayed somewhere at first glance when you check the new team page, without any button to click to see it displayed (the new team page has a bio, but it requires to click a button to see it).
With the old team page I used to calculate it manually and write it on the bio after every game, but with the new team page the bio is not displayed anymore.
I can calculate it manually game after game, but the problem is that it's not displayed when you check the new team page.

There are many stats, but win rate is one of the most important ones. The game record doesn't tell as quickly how a team is doing as the win rate % does.

If it's not possible to add the win rate, thanks anyway for the new team page!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Isnt CR most important number ?

Would be nice to get team CR displayed on team page.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

CR is not related to a team page, but to a coach's profile page. It's "Coach Rating", not "Team Rating".
Also, I wrote: "win rate is one of the most important ones", I didn't write: "it's the most important one".

Well, if specific CR with a team can be displayed on the team page, why not, but I would be happy just with the team win rate.
I can always check the CR by race on the ranking page.

I'm open to calculate manually the win rate after every game, just I need to have the bio always displayed whenever I check the new team page. The old team page always displayed the bio, the new team page hides it.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont think its needed to clog up page, as you said you can just count it if you really care about it.

I dont think many else do. It really is just a number that doesnt have much real meaning.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The page is already clogged up (not meant as derogatory, the new team page is nice, I love to be able to move the players higher or lower on the roster page and change their numbers), one extra stat won't mess it.
If not possible, amen, but having the win rate would be a nice addition to the page.
I mean, there is this box: Form WWDWW
it could be placed there.
It would more useful than seeing WWDWW, if we are so afraid of the clogging up.
Win rate doesn't require lot of visual space, I don't think it would clog the page up.

Alternatively, it could be added on top left, close to the TV and CTV boxes.
One extra small box with win rate would not clog the page up, I'm not saying to display WIN RATE in big characters in the middle of the team page, a small box somewhere would not be a visual mess.

Moreover, if people are afraid of the terrible clogging up due to adding the win rate stat, it could be a toggle on/off option. Personally, I'd like to have it displayed, so I can see if I'm doing better or worse with a specific team (and change tactics/skills/etc.). Win rate displayed is not just for bragging, it helps to have an objective feedback about the performance with a certain team.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %31, %2024 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, about clogging up: it could be nice not to show the empty grey player slots when a page is checked.
The empty player slots could be displayed when the team page is pending (post-match, when the team is managed, otherwise dragging players would not be possible), and disappear when put on Ready status.
Just an idea, if not technically possible, too time-consuming etc. discard it.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd actually prefer team 'CR' rather than win rate, if we were going to get a single extra stat
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If possible, why not? I don't know whether it's hard to calculate, though.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see score and Cas against. Maybe all this stuff should be on a team stats page, which I always thought should have all the stuff in coach stats.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2024 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i often manually track cas (to include fouls, surfs, failed dodges, etc)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2024 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that now the Bio is displayed on the new team page with no need to click, thanks for it!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2024 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Now people see your winrate. Good times

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2024 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The little joys of life!
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2024 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
The little joys of life!

Do you manually update it after each game? Shocked

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2024 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.