53 coaches online • Server time: 17:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zippy_Wonderdog

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What is your opion of people who delbierately or delay scoring so that there is less time left on the clock?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Two counter-questions:
What is your opinion about people trying to win?
What is your opinion about the search-option?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey cool think to have 2 times (at least) the same topic. So I can give in every thread a different opinion.

It's cowardice to do so. It lames the game.
Zippy_Wonderdog

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have problems with people trying to win but it can only be fair to allow the other person to win as well, I've never played in a BloodBowl Tournament IRL but I'm sure if someone tried this they'd be called to account.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... I havenĀ“t read a rule that disallowes people to win, if their opponents uses delaying tactics... So.. if we play and I stall you out, feel free to win the game.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should an opponent give you a chance to win? Beside that, stalling is a perfect technique for hardhitting slow teams. Make a thread for One-turners, they're also unfair.
tonylunn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams do it in American football all the time. Just run down the clock when they have posession. People try and do it in football too by just playing the ball towards the corner flag. Ok, it's really annoying, but if it helps you win then you've got to do it. Where do you draw the line? Before long people are going to start moaning about blocking players when it's unnecessary. Both aren't very sportsman like, but well within the rules. If you don't like it, just make sure you don't concede first.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Note: NEVER compare BB to the real thing... It's more often than not useless and pointless Very Happy

Now...
Delaying TDs (also called Stalling), is a perfectably acceptable tactic, and sometimes the only way to win (say, when you are facing a running team -elf os skaven- featuring a oneturner).

With my chaos I DO stall, I DO cage and I DO oppose my best to my opponent.

Stalling can be forced into scoring, cages can be broken and I can be defeated. It's just up to you... Don't you really expect me to let your elves score against my slow team and complain about losing 4-0 everytime, I hope...

Stalling is a valid tactic, it needs some degree of skill to be successfully achieved, anc can be messed up by a skilled opponent.

So what? If you can't stall cause your AV7 lizards fall like flies, or if you can't stall because you can't do it safely, or if you don't want to stall because you believe you can win without it, that's your problem. Don't blame those who stall with success when they need to.

Of course, stalling for fun when you really don't need to is sad (I use it as a last resort)... But then again, anyone takes care of his personal coscience problems, right?

Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah stallings great why should I let your wardancer score in two turns? Ensure he cant and make a mess while I'm waiting

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

well, ive never liked stalling, never done it myself, but i dont complain if an opponant does it, uless they do it for 2 or more turns, which is just annoying, if they cna keep a guy next to the end zone for 3+ turns, theres little chance that the opponat can score again anyway

"Best Bar in This Street"
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

that's so wrong... i always stall if given the opportunity. i've been scored against by a handful of skavens or elves, i fail to see why i should give them an opportunity.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A few games back I played a norse team vs khemri. It was so that I could score after 3 turns but choose not to knowing that when he was recieving I had to sacrifice my linemen to keep his mummies out of business and that would hurt for sure. So I stalled with great succes until turn 8.
Second half where I kicked went exactly as assumed I was slowly decreasing in numbers, fortunately I had the luck to pressure him into having to score giving me time to win.
Here's the deal if I had scored in turn 3 he would have had plenty of time to score making first half 1-1. At the same time I would be down a few players. And then second half he could score again putting me down a few players more giving me no chance to score even if he didn't stall.
My point is offcourse you stall it must be the opponents job to to pressure you to score.
Frede

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think stalling is ok

You need to consider your options if your opponent is stalling. Concentrate your remaining players and start crowdpushing, fouling or threatening the ball as appropiate. A leaping, stripballing wardancer is sometimes able to mess up stall attempt.

I think its funny when the staller doesn't score. It doesn't happen all that often though and as a bash team i sometimes do it.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As said above, stalling is a common and acceptable tactic. When your opponent stalls, your job is to force him to score.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Inquisitorpustus found smilies world then Wink

Jump to: