37 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. to be honest.. I never stall... I´m just motoric disabled and misclick on the turn-button all the time, when there is no threat to the ball Very Happy
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling isn't a problem Zippy, you just have to work out ways to counter it, or play better defense so that the opportunity isn't there. That being said, sometimes it will happen regardless, in games where half your team is gone and such, but then, the stalling bloke is often better off scoring quick so he can try again in those sorts of games.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Go take a look at this: Posting and You.

Then do as it says and use the search function.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunatley Mez you've posted 'posting and you' in an actual thread with the result that tomorrow were going to have another fouling/stalling/how do I turn my computer on? thread. Since its funny and accurate why not put a link to it on the main page, along with the 'if your new click here to find everythig out' link which should probably be created.

Pretty please? Image Image
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2004 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but they won't read that thread until after I tell them to read that thread, in which message I'll probably stuff Posting and You for comic effect... So whatever. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling is a perfectly legitimate tactic. It is very annoying to be the victim of a succcessful stall tactic, but sometimes it's just the smart thing to do depending on what kind of team you're facing. Look at it this way: you have just had some major success by knocking out over half of their team, what's wrong with being unwilling to give the other team a chance to recuperate their players and mount a scoring drive of their own? But stalling at turn 6 of the second half with a 3-0 lead is being cruel.
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MOTO

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling can ruin the good spirit of a match, so I never stall against good sports, who play BB for freetime-spending, not as a goal to get on the top by various methods. But when my opponent is slow, and even lame, and even the dices are with him I FOUL and STALL as a part of my protestation. Mr. Green

Once I've met a special kind of attitude during a match: I recieved and my opponent attacked me in his first turn, leaving effectively none for defense. Maybe it was a tactic to ensure his chance to score an equalizer in the same half - if I score... but why should I? After my ballcarrier stopped in front of the td line he conceded right in his second or third turn.

inquisitorpustus (or anyone, who knows the site): can you direct me to the site where you get those great smiles, plz? (If you'd like to keep it a secret and not let just anyone to use these unique symbols, just PM me Very Happy )
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

hint: right click on the gifs by inquisitorpustus and youll find out by yourself. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Thanks! Razz (What a clever program this is!)
Glomp

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just checkout: http://emoticons4u.com/

Click on the emoticon you want, then copy and paste the bit in the blue bar into your post.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

lol

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx guys! Image
 Jump to: