21 coaches online • Server time: 08:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sportsguy wrote:
I would believe that most people think it is poor sportsmanship to foul in turn 16, since the only thing you can accomplish is injury to the opponent without the chance for retaliation. However, blocking in turn 16 still has the opportunity to generate a few SPPs.

Comments?

You've got no clue at all, dude.

To accomplish an "injury to the opponent without the chance for retaliation" is exactly what this game is all about. Very Happy
Wombats

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Holds Sportsguy down...

"Quick everybody! Spiky boots on and kick him HARD!"

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Cornflakeboy wrote:
Yesterday i played a game vs norse. I had the very clear chance to foul (with my DE) his minotaur and several other ofs his players and chose not to, although this would have put me in good advantage, since i have no big guy. He was 3-1 and, on his last turn, he decides to foul, with no need and no reason. I call that bad sportmanship. If you plan on fouling, just do it since turn 1 or just don't.

BTW, after the match, he excused himself saying that, in some moments "i had the intention" of fouling... ¿Telepathic bb?
Opponent's name= frozen, avoid at all costs

Naming and shaming players is cheap we are a friendly comunity and it doesnt help its idiots like you which bring this down
Tank

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rimmer wrote:
If he is a one-turner then yes that is tactical but if he is a longbeard then no.

Hey! Stop picking on the little people. Poor little things Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Are you talking again about that foul of your move 11 Gutterrunner ?
No since it was the teams second game and Chaos dwarves.

my opponent found it strange that i was offended.

I now have a niggled bull centuar to replace.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

To accomplish an "injury to the opponent without the chance for retaliation" is exactly what this game is all about.
Memo to self, refuse all game with Mirascael.

MattDFan

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It's bloodbowl it's fun to foul
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand something, do people still play this game with thier friends? I mean face to face wih a bunch of friends? Or have you put all your buddies on your Do Not Play list, and thus now you have moved online and still find that people foul? I regularly play my friends, and we have an absolute blast forcing retirement on our best players, offering no quarter, yadda yadda...

We have incredibly exciting matches and we talk junk the whole time, whether we are face to face or online. We will even block and foul on turn 8 and 16! *Gasp* Wink

We laugh ( Crying or Very sad )and undoubtedly, by the end of the game one of us is vowing revenge! Twisted Evil It builds a history between our teams. The problem most of you have is that you play Ranked.

Ranked games seem to be for small little fragile egos. The games give you an arbitrary coach ranking, but mean nothing. I started here not long ago and joined ranked because it's easier to get games for some reason, but ranked is pretty lame. The other Divisions, tourneys etc. offer more to the BB community!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey people!!!!

Watch on what's going on. It seems, foul mentality is comming back (it tere was some, I don't know, I'm not here for that long). That's a cool fact.

It's a latent desire to get more heavy fouls in the game. Who are the real Great Legends?

At first the great foul players: Wuhan, Deathgerbil...

Only at second are the great skilled one.

It seems, Dirty Player will be back in force. May that "Play for fun" mentality be back.
squeek

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

so say you have a rotter / undead team and you could do with an aditional player, would fouling on turn 16 be ok then ?
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Da todfather- i agree with you i play in a table top league with friends and we all play to have fun, and fouling is fun, so natrually we have very bloody games! and ranked is the demise of it all people to worried bout their fictional characters its silly but i guess everyone has their own opinion maybe there should be a league for nonfouling and as its the same whingers no ageing and they can all have their "safe" bloodbowl while the rest of us can go about killing each other Smile
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked games started the demise of FUMBBL into people who only play games they think they can win, cherrypicking is a direct result of Ranked division, where the sole aim is to win games and points for your team. Unranked division is so much more fun.

Fouling is an intigral part of bloodbowl, and should be treated as such, i treat all fouling threads as if they said somthing like: ''blocking? whats the point?''. Fouling on turn 16 isnt the most sporting thing to do, but then Bloodbowl isn't created so people could be sporting, it was created so people could kill things in bigger and better ways, as are most inventions, let people foul if they want to in Ranked as complaining will get you nowhere, expect to be fouled in Unranked, and just have fun for goodness sake

"Best Bar in This Street"
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

On a second thought:

Perhaps it's the absence of the fluff (Did you know?, NAF facts, etc.) that causes all the pathetic whining.
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Perhaps it's the absence of the fluff (Did you know?, NAF facts, etc.) that causes all the pathetic whining
Go look at my matches Mirascael one thing i do not lack is fluff.

To me fluff encourages people NOT to foul, how can a team develop fluff if it's players keep dying or having to retire because someone lacks the skill to beat me with 11 players on the pitch, so they resort to Fouls.

Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

It's bloodbowl it's fun to foul

And the award for the "bllodbowl" NOOB comment goes to MaddtDFan. Thanks for the proper spelling of this game, we had almost forgotten.

Jump to: