50 coaches online • Server time: 16:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
angelface

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a little add-on to all this... I have finished my 200th match or so on FUMBBL when I realized that bad dice rolls can happen only if you roll dices... if you choose good strategies and go for winning the match, not making right the next unimportant block with a a rr, you will probably win - or lose, but you will be angry with your own coaching skills, not with your bad dices. Strategies like "I have 6:1 chance to this, I will surely succeed" will likely fail. Strategies based on the power of your team and weaknesses of your opponent will often succeed.

Of course there are matches when dices simply fool you. But good coaching means that you minimize the significance of rolling dices. Some uninvited advice: play a game or two with Csonti, and you will know what i mean...

P.s. The Dark Elf Curse is more than a legend, do not play that race if you are afraid of rolling 1s!
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you go, I'll miss your cat kidnapping the "no picture" sign. My wife liked it too Smile
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The next time someone quits.. just go.. don't leave a post.. don't look for a reaction.. just leave... if we actually miss you we'll start a "where did soandso go?" thread. Seriously.. enough of these... tell your online buddies by PM.. y'know the ones who actually might know who you are...

To be honest Bunny it was mainly a post to thank the people i played and say how friendly everone is.

but my flustration took over and for that i appologise.

so to start again.

Thanks to everyone i played, you're a great bunch, special Thanks to Purplecrest, Mario2, Blackrockfist and Squeek.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhhh why is everyone seemingly always moaning about luck. If you dont want bad rolls then dont play a game heavily involving chance. my opponent from last night (player_2) had truely horrendous luck but was not only goodhumoured about it but still put up a great challenge. Its supposed to be played for fun as well as winning. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. Everyone needs to vent now and then and Dark Elves lack that one movement or Catch skill that is the difference between a quick score and an extra turn of punching, etc.

If you do come back try High Elves, Humans or Orcs - much easier to play and they either have positionals or don't need them.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
Ahhhh why is everyone seemingly always moaning about luck. If you dont want bad rolls then dont play a game heavily involving chance. my opponent from last night (player_2) had truely horrendous luck but was not only goodhumoured about it but still put up a great challenge. Its supposed to be played for fun as well as winning. Rolling Eyes

The luck sucks I tell you!!!! The number generator isn't random it isn't! I'm leaving and going to play at the OLBBL!

*inquisitorpustus gets shot by a lone sniper hiding in the forums*

Ohhh hangon maybe I can play those halflings with my Khemri...... Nope staying afterall sorry Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

im leaving guys...
just like to thank grumbledook for rigging all my matches
like to thank pustus for his terrible smilie collection and some other people i cant remember....
Bah he'll be back just like me!

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You go, you come back.

DropDeadFred is Fumbbl's Mickael Jordan
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sarcasim...

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
You go, you come back.

DropDeadFred is Fumbbl's Mickael Jordan

I thought DDF was Fumbbl's Michael Jackson, what with his fondness for young boys and a face like a chimps arse...my mishtake. Embarassed

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem: There will be a time when you will roll nine "6" in a row. Your opponent will call you names, will cry, call you a f*cking bastard and then concede.

And you will DEFINITELY LIKE IT pal.

So don't leave before that time.

Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Hammerhiem.
If ur still playing on fumbbl i would like to play vs you sometime not cuz u say u have bad luck, but cuz i like the part of ur info where u write "winning is not THAT important you know." Smile dont quit, fumbbl need more choaches there think like that Wink

- ArmyGirl
Kommando

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

no rerolls left, handover to my skillless BC, he dodges on the way, 3 gfis and i score a TD Smile
only to let you guys know where all the luck goes Razz
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

actually Seppuku i prefer hamsters

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

its:

so long, and thanks for all the fish ....not goodbye

u havent done ur douglas adams homework.
 Jump to: