55 coaches online • Server time: 18:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
arranged????
yes
61%
 61%  [ 57 ]
no
38%
 38%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 93

KinkyWinky

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

for monty a recovery game is an arranged game. if before the game is said that it is a recovery game... then its an ilegal game... well or least thats what monty said, it strats to seem a film of the marx brothers.
Korso

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Stinks like cheating.
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, i'd like to say i have no agenda at all.

I watched the replay. It would appear that monty played well, with speed and all necessary blocks to score as quickly as possible. There were big gaps left by Flix, due to him not fielding all available players. I didn't notice re-rolling of POW's, but i wasn't looking too closely. Why he didn't field all players i don't know, but there are some legitimate reasons i can think of, so i wouldn't speculate. Flix made attempts at scoring, but was always going to find it near impossible due to so few players on the field.

I would judge, using all info I have now, i'd say Flix wanted a recovery (his TS has risen 116 pts since this match)...monty refused to play in 'recovery' style, but was unfortunate to get no cas. Flix fielded as few players as he could, to protect them, and made best use of those he did field, and got a bit lucky to get the cas he did.

Apologies for not being too critical of anyone here, but that's what I saw, nothing outrageous to me...but as a noob I accept I will be corrected very soon Smile

Plus, as it's faction, I don't bloody care anyhoo. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Some games are decidedly jammy...and I buy the virus explanation.

Regarding m0nty's contradictory comments regarding recovery games...I called bullshit when I first saw it you really do need recovery games for elves at high TR no matter what.

His declaration didn't stop people asking for recovery games and it never will as the game mechanics of BB in an open tournament make recovery games a very good option if not a neccesity.

It didn't stop you, dear reader, from arranging recovery games either.
Technically, m0nty is a hypocrite.
Realistically, m0nty is just like us.

Whingeing about name approvals is pretty trite as it all comes down to personal taste, languistic ability, etc. on the whole if you named your team P3N15 you have no right to complain except for purposes of amusing me while embarassing yourself on the forums.

Notice the distinct lack of admins commenting on this thread?
Is it because they know they've been busted and are currently self-flagellating in a desperate ploy to avoid burning in hell?
Or is it because being experienced in detecting arranged matches they figured out the virus thing at a glance?
I'm glad if I have such a match that the admins' superior knowledge will protect me from being wrongly banned.
Having said that - Good on you for reporting it, Corso, I've done the same myself.
The admins don't ask and don't tell regardless of the results of the investigation so it's no wonder you were suspicious.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

whatever. the game looked rigged, and to be honest, that's fine. if you dont mind being on the end of a 7-0 ass-whooping, then fair enough. if it wasn't, and the virus explanation is true, then that's fair enough too. if it had been two 100TR teams i might have been a bit more sceptical, but in the situation like this, i cant bring myself to be annoyed. more pity for flix perhaps having to be screwed by a shitty handicap in such an horrific manner.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

of course this game is freaking 6 months old .... let it die hehe

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
...Whingeing about name approvals is pretty trite as it all comes down to personal taste, languistic ability, etc...

And don't forget that there are a bunch of approvers and each has the "specific" task of not approving any annoying or offensive names. Every single one of them has a different perspective on what is annoying and what is offensive.

I personally don't even really notice the coach's name when approving. There's usually a bunch backed up and I just skim through them as quickly as possible. By which I mean only reading the pertinent info - team and player names.

{ edit: Damn. I didn't mean to bump this thread, I just replied to a portion of a post that I thought needed to be expounded upon and confirmed. I personally think this name-calling is in poor taste. If you have a problem with a match like this, then report it to the admins - not the public.
I know that the whole point being raised was, "Who watches the watchmen" but public accusations are to be brought out after investigation, not upon initial suspicion. If this is the case and the original poster has already gone though proper channels and gotten a response which is perceived as unfair, then my apologies. }

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Rhubarb pie I tell you - none of this apple rubbish...

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This reminds me of a very dubious game in faction where one team after going only 1-0 down only fielded 3 players for the entire second half, resulting in easy spp for his opponent. His opponent of course was admin. Reason why I generally don't like playing staff anymore.

I don't know whether either game was arranged or not, but from the implemetation of the rules I have seen, some teams have been retired just for letting an opponent score, or even having an opponent unexpectedly not play seriously beyond your control... how can you stop someone letting you score?? (which is what seems to have happened here)

If the fumbbl rules were strictly enforced like they have been in less competitive leagues than faction, both teams should be retired. Evil or Very Mad
Renno

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You can find any explanation you want to excuse any odd looking game. Far to many legit sounding excuses exist.

The LRB doesn't require you to field 11 players.
deferr

Post 22 Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Will we all were the same any day?
I know in this world is very difficult but i didnt know on fumbbl too.
Is it handicap for admins?
I hope it isnt.
DazEvil

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It would have been best if they had written it as a comment then.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course m0nty's opponent probably made unnecessary dodges to cause a turn-over as well. Yeah. Looks like it.

That last bit, my friend, is why the other match is considered fixed, and this one isn't. I also doubt that Flix told m0nty "yeah I'll only be setting up three players every drive".

m0nty's statement about not agreeing to "recovery games" means not agreeing to not blocking each other and playing hard to win. Any team by an elf team missing several players against another non-bashy team is a recovery game by default (explaining proxy elfrecovery) but not the type of recovery game that isn't allowed (i.e. not blocking as much as you can to spare the other team).

And again, if you have problems, the forum is not exactly the right place for them. There are enough admins that we don't all love each other dearly and cover each other's tracks.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

admins that are going to erase teams... maybe first can ask both parts about what happened. Admins erased teams of friends for doing fair games... in some of them they were much more supperior, but the other need at least 1 or 2 points to stand in f1... nothing distinct to the flix monty match.... but kanzo and frikipe have his team erased to make a game like this one... why they have his team erased? coz was a recovery game???... remember... flix and monty game have a proxy called recoveryelf... nothing more to say
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I sure hope so.