23 coaches online • Server time: 03:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
arranged????
yes
61%
 61%  [ 57 ]
no
38%
 38%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 93

Parroco

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

i'm writing as a head admin of spanish community in fumbb. I normally don't talk in forums but it think this time i must give my opinion as representative of most of the spanish players around.

The problem is not if this game is arranged or not. Clearly it is. But personally i think that is nothing wrong with that. If you have a damaged team or just want to keep it safe, don't see the problem in fielding just 3 players and hope for a lucky play or some easy spp from passing. In fact, in spanish league we have some expert players doing that. Very Happy

But still, it is NOT agaisnt the rules.

The main problem here is that from less than this some teams have been erased from F1. Gonzalillo and Frikipe just saw their teams banned for reasons less important that this one. Why m0nty's team hasn't been even warned? We all know he is an admin. Why the only two cases of deleting teams in F1 are spanish coaches, in both cases with real options to win F1? (If any knows any other case, just let me know)

I suppose there's not an easy answer to these questions, but we all would like to know it. In the better case, all the situation is at least suspicious.

If there's a rule that states that a recovery game is consider cheating, no prob, rules are rules. But rules are for everybody, admins MUST follow rules as well, in fact they are the firts ones who should follow them. If you add the point that the 2 main harmed coaches are two of the best spanish coaches I do think that spanish community deserves a clear explanation of this issue.
Pulpo_Fiction

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that recovery games are part of the Faction division, you work for get a nice team to F1 and then fight to get a medal, your way to do it its just up to you.. just like triying to score with ur linemen to build good team... in spite of it's easier to win if u do it with ur catchers... the question is that IMO u cant judge a player and his team for taking part of a recovery game. For example, the commented game, after 2 or 3 rounds playing some recovery games, Flix managed to win faction again.. with NO NEED OF CHEAT, its just a coach decission, and M0nty tryed to score so many td as he could, trying to win that faction round, i think they both played in a fair way... but just the same at Frikipe vs Kanzo game!!

The problem comes when Frikipe's team was erased, with 237 points and 7 games, getting at least silver medal... and still dont know why... and Frikipe was banned for 2 weeks

But it turns terrible when last night i went to fumbbladin, and just for asking why I was threatened by Grumbledok of being banned... I really feel like Grumm cant afford to admit that it was a mistake to erase Frikipe's team.. thats the fact, and is a really sad fact for me..

Talking about the commmented game again, i acnt never think that its a cheat game more when it was m0nty who posted that at Faction Forum as "Most points from a single F1 match"... so its clear that he's not afraid of showing the game because it was a FAIR game... just like Frikipe's one!

GL n HF
Harvester

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought that #3 Galad Tyrin didnt have a niggling? He was one of the HE on the bench.

Anyways, it doesn't look like an arranged match to me.
I believe a player has the right to field only 4 players if he wishes so he can spare the rest of the team, or am I wrong?
Parroco

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvester, I totally agree.

But the point is that some coaches have been banned from less then that.
Chaosmonger

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys ...

HANDICAP : VIRUS ... all niggle players are out .. and oh wonder, flix has quite a lot of them ....

before starting such incredible accuses, think first, that would help a lot ...

and hey ... THERE ARE CASUALITIES MADE IN THIS GAME ... nothing is arranged here, just bad luck for flix, thats it

i hate guys who throw arround with such threads and don't no nothing about what it was, that made the game so weird!
KinkyWinky

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

we only say that FRIKIPE and KANZO were banned just to play a game like this one
i doint htink its a cheat.,.. but grumble banned 2 players to play a fair game, as fais as monty vs flx one but.... why FRIKIPE and KANZO are banned ans those ones arent?
Flix

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i think i am sure that i got virus in that game and a player out card
and if you watch the game you see it was never arranged

Last edited by Flix on %b %04, %2004 - %14:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Markus

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the TS of flix team it was about 150 and the TR was 300something, so it's very likely that he had a lot pl mng, possibly worse. If a Virus/It wasn't me strikes in this situation the game is over before it started. I think he setup all players available in the match and tried hard to score. This despite the foreseeable outcome of the game. So I don't think flix and m0nty made up the result beforehand. Nevertheless it's true that monty didn't finish all his blocks but prefered scoring even though he could have bashed a lot more. At least in the 2nd half. But that can be explained by gainig more spp from scoring than from bashing Wink.
The spanish game was another case. Necro began setting up just 3 pl on the los, which could be explained as preventing cas. Later on necro fielded mostly zombies, a wolf just once and spared even the Flesh golems. Necro aparently never tried to score, just to pass the ball and get some spp. In the second half even the zombie having the ball dodged into 3tz, which looks like a hand-off to the other coach. Additionally the necro coach didn't even try to prevent scoring of the woodies. With that experienced and good coaches playing, it's very unlikely that the coaches hadn't some sort of agreement of "non-aggression", at least after the we scored the 2nd td. I don't know that for sure but from the replay it seemed so.
Many coaches do such a thing. If they know they won't be able to win they want to max spp without having any harm done to their team. I think that is perfectly legal according even to the fumbbl rules, if the coaches didn't agree on it before the game. On the long run it could become a problem though, because all games could be won by teams of players who make up the eventual winner of f.e. faction 1 by letting a friend/member of the same group/... win all games with the highest possible score. This would make faction like pro-cycling (where every superstar has a team behind him that wins him races or hampers opponents). I suppose the admins wanted to put an end to such a thing even before it started.
Though the punishment seems a bit too harsh to me. Therefore i can understand that a lot of people feel bad about that situation. The only way to handle such an issue in the right way, in an oligarchy (like fumbbl definitly is), is to make it public and have a disscussion about it. Maybe those who decide could/should give their reasoning for acting the way they did apart from:
It's the way it is. Shut up or you are banned.
This would be much easier for all of us, even those who are not effected at all, like me.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think its a cheat or its arranged, but i think its agame like FRIKIPE and KANZO... why they are banned??? thats the question...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn. I never expected the Spanish Inquisition.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events.

This seems fair enough..

Quote:
No coach may under any circumstances simply abandon a game. Either concede or play on. This applies even if your opponent fouls your players every turn, delays a touchdown or does other things you may find unsportsmanlike.

But this is in direct conflict with the previous rule. These rules say that I can't ignore the ball and hence give up (playing to lose) yet it also says I can play in whatever fashion I want (for example ignoring the ball and fouling every turn, stalling etc) as long as there are no pre-game agreements?

What about this:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=205828

Christer being allowed to score again and again with no opposition, also in F1. I guess these arent isolated events.
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant say to have watched the replay however recently i have been severly anoyed by the amount of hypocrits within the admin staff.
My acount has been banned twice now for language once for saying "W!!ys" and the other for staring out "££££" yet within chat i heard words far worse and crude used by certain admins. Im not offended by language and frankly dont care what they said, but the fact i get a banned acount twice for stupid little things and they laying it out in full glory without punishment is wrong. With this complete apathy for the rules shown by admins how are players ment to take the rules seriously?? I have been told before fumbbl is a dictatorship and not a democracy however, this is not the way forward. We have a good community which i have witnessed recently falling apart. I am at least supprised this thread hasnt been shut in somesort of cover up Smile
Mentok

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

couldnt agree more... @spikeddeamon

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

the site is not a democracy for there are very few people that actually know how to handle communities. Christer knows well better than any of us how to manage *his* website. democracy only leads to constant whinning. enlightened despotism is the way to go on such websites. just hope for enlightenment to be constant among admins.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Damn. I never expected the Spanish Inquisition.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Smile
 Jump to: