19 coaches online • Server time: 04:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Fight for your race and stand up!
No, there to strong, our av7 dont stand a chance
39%
 39%  [ 26 ]
Yes sir!, ill fight for our race
60%
 60%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 66

DropDeadFred

Post 14 Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey fellow elf gamers, im looking to you to stand up for our race
get those mightyblow doubles
kick those beasts while there down
pow them to death

we need help, at the moment emu are in control but i want revenge for our elf brothers so please make a elf team and mean one! this is mine
yet to play emu but im ready!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=121293

COME MY ELF BROTHERS GET THOSE TEAMS ENOUGH PEOPLE FIGHT BACK ILL MAKE A ANTI-EMU LEAGUE AND TOGETHER WE CAN GAIN POINTS AND KILL EMU TILL THERES NONE LEFT!

pm me or add thoughts in post

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea but it is far easier to kill elves than to kill with elves.

(that's why I think EMU is a tad lame really and no, I do not play exclusively elves. As a matter of fact I have only one elf team in a dozen)
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

bah, enough dps and enough mightyblow, av8 (helf/Delf) and u can do the damage

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this another attempt at a revival of the EDU?

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well. what the hell is EDU? and its not attempt even if noone else wants to i shall fight alone and kill some emu

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The best way to humble these bashing brutes is to humiliate them on the fields of BB.

Sure thing, now and then a brother dies, but let's show them how to play this game. Enough wins and enough td's and the fans will come to our games!
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Learning how to spell "they're" instead of "there" might be a good first start...

Buttercup

"pet peeve? What's that?"
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

how about u stick your mumble jumble words down your mouth, add a dictionary and leave it THERE, its not school i can ruddy spell how i want and every knows i cant spell, THERES lot of ways to spell things as long asits readable who cares not me

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

lol
i think EDU was meant to be The EDL *elven defense league* which kept away from EMU.
There was however an EMU hunters group, who went around bashing EMU teams Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably the best way to humble these brutes is ignoring them & avoiding games.
As the best way to beat such player is to play as they play.
Equiping ur players with strength skills instead of agile traits.
Your elves will be corrupted and the game you will produce will surely not show how gracile and swift they can be.
Up to elves coachs to realize that the opponent is part of EMU and refuse the game, without playing elves the EMU League will become a nonsense.
They need elf blood to survive as their own blood is probably a mix from tomato juice & mutated grapes.
Don't give them what they want.
Ignoring them will be far much effective than corrupting ur elves with DP and MB players.
u cannot expect learning something positive from such mean creatures.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
THERES lot of ways to spell things

You mean, "There are lots of ways..."

Sorry. As a self-proclaimed poet, surely you can appreciate the power of language, right? A lot of people feel that "creative" spelling and grammar dilutes that power. My good pal George Orwell comes to mind.

DDF wrote:
what the hell is EDU?

I think Delta meant the EDL. As BP first created the EMU, Moxy set up the Elven Defense League in order to promote truth, justice and the Elven way of life. I think that a group playing the EMU's own game would be more appropriate, personally.

edit: Zy answered the question while I was looking for that essay and I had forgotten about the EMU Hunters. Oops.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is a plot to get more elven teams to play teams against EMU. Quite clever, no matter how youse spell it Wink
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
I think this is a plot to get more elven teams to play teams against EMU. Quite clever, no matter how youse spell it Wink

Well, I think he needs to, as DDF's only 16th in EMU rankings atm, though I'd hardly call it clever....even a thick noob like me can look at who's a member of EMU and spot a little fowl play. And before you question my spelling Very Happy , I think EMU are full of chickens, it proves nothing to mangle a team with lower av and typically no killing skills.

EDIT: Btw, with the single elf team DDF has (Darkies) how come it's purely named after EMU coaches, yet i'm in there? You upset wrt Drunk & Disorderly Drop? heheheheh Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

no i just dislike you, EDL is rubbish the just elf bowl

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the scoreing system and the top coach in the EMU at the moment it shows that to be sucessfull, EMU teams need to win games. The -5 points for a lost game will take away most of the points gained for an apothed kill or 3 badly hurts!!! The emphasis is on winning with the penalty of coming away from the game with a low score even after decimating an opposing team.

To win consistantly you can't 'ignore the ball', rather you have to play for the win just like any other game.

I've seen alot of this 'they're not so tough' and 'they're all unskilled morons' talk but from what i've seen all the elf bowlers are still too scared to play.

When I see the number or match reports increasing, I might be inclined to believe your not all a bunch of cowards who talk big but don't follow up on your threats.

The only person to really stand up to the EMU so far has been DukeTyrion who has done very well in playing EMU teams and winning in alot of cases. So thats erm one person to really have to love spuds to take us on.

Aside from a few coaches who give us a bad name by trying to kill teams above all else, most of our members take games seriously.