52 coaches online • Server time: 16:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Fight for your race and stand up!
No, there to strong, our av7 dont stand a chance
39%
 39%  [ 26 ]
Yes sir!, ill fight for our race
60%
 60%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 66

Glomp

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Please note.

Any coaches sickened by elvish cowardice should apply: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1628

You know it makes sense Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

/me points at Pred_dachande lol

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

No comment... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
how about u stick your mumble jumble words down your mouth, add a dictionary and leave it THERE, its not school i can ruddy spell how i want and every knows i cant spell, THERES lot of ways to spell things as long asits readable who cares not me

Nice to see a non-violent response to a simple observation about basic grammar. What ARE they teaching grade-schoolers these days?

Are you a non-native English speaker or just incredibly ignorant?

Buttercup
Bruno

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Buttercup and DropDeadFred, please.

First, Buttercup, now, I might understand that you are sensitive to bad grammar, and that you most probably will find some flaws in my post, but how did your post help this thread? Yes, this is really not my business, but many forums such as these suffer from people hijacking threads with irrelevant posts. Sure, helping and correcting spelling where there is a chance people might be confused about what the writer is saying sure, a clarification is called for. Since in this case there could be no misstake about what he meant it wasnt that relevant now was it?

If you cant stand his spelling either dont read it or send him a Private Message pointing out his errors. Let the thread be about the topic it started with Having said that, yes his reply was not nice and uncalled for.

DropDeadFred. Se above, dont understand why he posted, but dont toss away your thread with flaming, just ignore and stick to the fun part, blood bowl

And the irony of it all is that im a thread hijacker as well with this post Wink Smile
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i just dont what gives him the right, to babble on about my spelling, whats the point?... what is a exam its just abt of fun/a game/ i know i cant spell and most other people on IRC know aswell

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

anyway back to the point seems elf coachs wanna fight for there race. come my fellow brothers and fight! yeeeehhha pow zak bosh

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Iz fort dat it wuz abowt tym i stuk my ohz in ere! DDF ew is perfiktlee unduhstandubl, and butuhcup.....iz ewuh red racuz gunna joyn EMU or iz u gunna getz nasti wid ewuh ferys?

az tuh be sayd i iz a litul suprizd dat we az so litul riziztuns! Twisted Evil

EMU Season 4 Champion
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
...but from what i've seen all the elf bowlers are still too scared to play...all a bunch of cowards who talk big but don't follow up on your threats...one person to really have to love spuds to take us on...

I won't take offense to your comments, as generalizations tend to be made in ignorance of exceptions. They're not aimed at me. That said, my woodies...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=114403

...don't fall into your "avoid bashers at all cost" mentality. To boot, their very first game was a victory over a khemri team! How many elves, let alone complete rookies, would dare face them that killer race? Sure, I've played my share of elven and skaven opponents, I didn't say I was totally wreckless in team development. But when a challenge went out by the Moria Miners (at the time the second highest ranked EMU team) claiming the entire elven nation wouldn't face them, I just had to challenge the arrogant coach and prove him wrong. Playing up in TR, we still showed those cd's how to play, out-casing them 4 to 1, outscoring them 3-1. Their team retired after the match, ostensibly from aging skills but also in large part to the humiliation we put upon their heads. That EMU team just couldn't handle the shame from being beaten at their own game.

Just pointing out at least one example of a pansy-eared coach who is willing to stand up for himself and others. I'll probably get a large number of challenges off of this post by EMU coaches wanting to trash this arrogant elf, and that's cool. Maybe I'll play ya, maybe I won't. That's the beauty of fumbbl. I'm not here to trash others or be arrogant, merely to have fun. In fact, I think there's a game with my name on it waiting on me right now...
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, sorry, can't help the trolling.

As for EMU and elfs and suchlike, you can take a look at my Ferries http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=56562 and tell me who's avoiding whom?

Buttercup
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

fantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

why did you apoligise?

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

When I talked to Zy originally, I wanted him to start the Elven Defence League as a group of elves that would go and kick some EMU butt. He decided to make it an all elf, elfball league.

Just to let you know, I would join both groups. EMU is fun once in a while as would be an EDL where you would bash on EMU teams.

Although I am not a bashy player, it is fun to have a goal in some games. It then becomes a form of tournament (which I like).

I think having both leagues would create some great rivalry. Bunny has already started letting elves get points for games against EMU teams.

Just my 2 cents.

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

so on a whole does it sound like a good idea? it would make more fun between the two and hopfully some interesting games

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

in my hometown league, we had LEAP (Loving Elves As People), but it was crushed in about 2 weeks by the group PETA (Punishing Elves is Totally Awesome)

be interesting to see how many weeks an EDL would last.