53 coaches online • Server time: 22:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dtahyaio

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, not a huge fan of playoffs, but - if you are looking at the possibility of playoffs between the top 3 Conf teams, how about similar to how Flo suggested - 2nd plays 3rd for the right to playoff against 1st, but in the case of a draw, no OT, simply the higher teams wins/advances? This would truly give the advantage to the higher team, meaning that a whole season of good work can't be thrown away unless they strictly lose the match, and forces the lower team to play for a win, which could be more risky to them.
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i want both of my teams in the qpool deleted so i can put another team in there
names: Effluent flow [nurgle rotter]
Arnolt we da Best [ogre]
just notice, email outgoing to swladmin
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

A stupid question from a newbie - How do you enter the league, any restrictions or prereq´s?
There´s probably somewhere to look it up, but haven´t found it yet.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

yer mate gotta be a Aussie or Kiwi after that we discriminate more if your a kiwi cause u deserve it...
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to go to Twahn for a verdict, but it's my understanding that overseas is ok if and only if they can commit to playing regularly in our time zone.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No Faulcon, we only accept Aussie's and Kiwi's... we have one Aussie in Japan, but they're on the same timezone as Adelaide or Perth iirc.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>NORTH CONFERENCE CHAMPION</b>

Congrats to <b>Covertfun</b> and his <b>WickerMen</b> who have gained Premier League promotion.

Unfortunately, it was forfeits that cost BeefyGoodness big time, including a forfeit in the head to head match vs the WickerMen that decided the title.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As season 7 closes up shop...All is well in Crowe land...the big kids are headed to the Premier League as the South Conference champs! We here in the herd wish all of the Merriest of holidays...the happiest of New Years and look forward to all the fun of Season 8 and other fumbbl fun. Stay safe friends...will see you all in January.

ozjesting

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

On that note ...
When exactly will Season 8 start ?
I had a fry-out somewhere in my home PC on the weekend - was not impressed.
If Season 8 starts soon, I will have to buy a new part this week. Otherwise, I may be able to leave it for the next computer fair Wink

Seasons Greetings to everyone in the SWL.
cheers, andycapp.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2004 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

No real firm date on Season 8.

Season 8 will be set up at the conclusion of the Premier Playoffs and once all "team swapping" etc has been done!

We will set it up ASAP, but there will be no pressure to play as many (incl yours truly) will be on holidays.

So whilst it will be set up very soon, we wont be forfeiting anyone until mid-January.

But you all should apply your new teams etc soon to avoid disappointment.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone here remember what the original twahnlow's awards included? i.e. Copper Boot (fouling), Golden Arrow (Yards made passing - or was it # completions?) etc

Cheers,
Snorri.
whitey

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1729&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=twahnlow&start=191

There you go Snorri, the Season 2 Awards.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=twahnlow&start=29

And Season 1, before the non-spp events were added to the results file.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

On the ball whitey! Good job! Smile

Ahhh... look at the size of that post! Those were the days... why did I ever get that life? What a waste...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CONFERENCES CHAMPIONS FINALISED!
The following teams have gained promotion to the Premier League for Season 8:

NORTH: Wicker Men

SOUTH: Black Crowes

EAST: Karaz Krasherz

WEST: Brothers In Bloodbowl*

* Whilst Wanna Beatin is listed as the West Champion, this is not correct. Fumbbl splits dead heats by TR however SWL rules call for a series of tiebreakers. Firstly, Wanna Beatin and Brothers in Bloodbowl drew and hence it came down to TD differential. Brothers win that +4 to +3. Commiserations andycapp.

SEASON 8 PLAYER MOVEMENTS
Due to real life issues, Drokmar, Miyuso and PLATYPUS are only playing QSwamp in Season 8. We will miss these long stalwarts of the SWL and hope they come back in Season 9.

To fill these 3 vacancies, Coach_McGinty, MattDFan and TheTiger have been promoted. Congrats guys.

PREMIER PLAYOFFS
Will commence shortly at the conclusion of the Premier Season. The guys with outstanding games have 24hrs to get them done. Remember, forfeit losses give zero points - this could be crucial in playoff positions...

Playoffs will be 1v4 and 2v3 with winner to the SWL Championship Game. Be nice to get a big promotion for this game.

SEASON 7 QSWAMP
Will conclude at the end of the Premier Playoffs. All coaches have until then to improve their teams for Conference promotion if required. All other coaches please oblige these guys with games if you can.
andycapp

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2004 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummmm, can I please call for a re-count of West Conference?
TD Diff, by my calculations : +3 and +3.
Taken from the Information page under "Scoring" :
<quote>
Ladder positions for Teams with tied scores will be determined based on... Head to Head, TD Difference, Total TDs, CAS Difference, and Total CAS (in that order).
</quote>
Season points : we tied 25 and 25
Head to Head : we tied 0-0
TD Difference : we tied +3 and +3
Total TDs : we tied 9 and 9
CAS Difference : +16 and +7 (can't remember the breakdown of BH/SI/RIP difference)
Total CAS : Sparticus actually out-CAS'd me here.

So, what do we think?

By the way, my home PC is fixed! The power source blew. Smile
cheers, andycapp.
 Jump to: