22 coaches online • Server time: 08:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I submitted a news a few days ago but still not printed. Why?

Are admins overbooked?

Too much submissions?
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I submitted a news a few days ago but still not printed. Why?
Are admins overbooked?
Too much submissions?

Currently there is not news waiting to be printed.

Remember that there is only room for couple news items in front page and it is primaly ment for real news that are interesting to most fumbbl users. That means your post about your favourite 10spp player or five man tourney is not likely to go through.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I submitted a news saying is was recruiting for the season 2 of my tournament.

It is not supposed to be refused, is it?
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mine was refused as i was saying people should drink alcohol and play fumbbl Smile Smile Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

In other words, resubmit and hope you get a less lame news approver there sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be helpfull if the author of news articles that were denied was notified along with the reason.

1) Then the author wont keep resubmitting the same article thinking it was lost
2) The author will now for future reference what is news worthy and what is not, thus in the end , saving approval monkey time looking at useless articles.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah,

I submitted news as my dark elves hit 100 games being 2nd only to Evos Anarchists, but got denied. Now the 4th oldest team gets allowed. Maybe mine was not fluffy enough or the decision about worthiness depends on the member of the group that actually presses "news broadcast".

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
I think it would be helpfull if the author of news articles that were denied was notified along with the reason.

1) Then the author wont keep resubmitting the same article thinking it was lost
2) The author will now for future reference what is news worthy and what is not, thus in the end , saving approval monkey time looking at useless articles.

Just a few things of note:

- The same people who resubmit teams over and over and over again are the same ones that don't notice their PMs. It happens to me all the time, at least.

- The team rejection note is a standardized PM that goes out and is painfully vague and, in some points, outright incorrect. It causes almost as much confusion as it intends to prevent, sometimes. I'm just trying to point out that it is very hard to come up with a single, standardized PM that goes out and if the admin approving the article has to write a message every time, then it's not really saving anyone any time, right?

- Approval Monkeys don't have access to news submissions. Just teams. I think that's just the admins and the gorillas.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
worthiness depends on the member of the group that actually presses "news broadcast".

Actually it has most to do if there is really important and new news in the news page that this fluffy piece would scroll out from front page or soon do so.

In perfect world we would have option to have like 3 real news and 3 flyffy pieces on front page that would be on their own threads.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologise for being tardy on the news submissions... that's my job and veron's job, and we've been slack. Please resubmit if you submitted something over the last month or so and it didn't get published.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ok I resubmitted. Monty, please let me know if something is wrong with my submition
 Jump to: