15 coaches online • Server time: 04:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gken1

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

crazy aint it Smile
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If Divx was LRB with some other check on teams that ageing, I would use it.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

AG 2 on RatOgres sucks!!! let the rats as always!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
If Divx was LRB with some other check on teams that ageing, I would use it.

it has negative winnings Smile
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I would think aging has more effect on bashy teams. Sure, I play mostly skaven/elves and hate it when a good player ages, but let's face it, rookie rats/elves will gain new skills far faster than bashers. So when a basher ages and is lost, his team has a big hole for a lot longer than agility teams. What with the high av for bashy teams, aging is probably the principle reason they lose players, moreso than cas. Elves will lose players much faster on pitch.

Love the ff change! You should NEVER lose fans when you win a game, that just ain't realistic! Yet my teams have done so all the time...

Not sure what to think of the bg change...fluff wise, I think it makes sense. After all, if they're supposed to think themselves above the others (hence the BG status in the LRB), then it makes sense they stick mostly to what they do best--use their strength. As I've had only one truly useful BG in all my teams on fumbbl, I'm for this change. Smile But that one, a rat ogre, would get killed with only agi 2. Half his skills came from scoring, but agi 2 w/o access to rr means that will be useless. The difference between minos and ro's before was minos had horns, ro's higher agi. Remove the agi, yet not give them anything in return, and they're now minos w/o horns (unless you get doubles, which now will go towards block first). Boo! Knew I shoulda taken tackle with my last skill instead of break tackle...

Will be interesting seeing how things get grandfathered in. I'm still seeing the rare dwarf team with an ogre or 4 wight teams, rules which got changed a year ago. How long will current teams keep intact under old rules, I wonder?

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

People usually aim for grandfathered players if they can, so they will die off. I know my goblin team ogre usually draws a lot of heat. Can't remember how many times his dodge skill has saved him.

The Boyz
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

an unfair advantage is still an unfair advantage...
Barash

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

And again the goblin teams suffer most.
First ogres were no longer allowed, only gob eating Trolls. And to make things worse: no general skill acces for those stupid Trolls.
Doesn't anyone care about goblins?

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

no...they are supposed to suck.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the topic seems to have moved in this direction...

Will you be taking (non stunty) BGs with ST only access after the rules review?

Personally I'd be under the impression that just taking another lineman, would better serve my intrests in most cases.

I'd still take a tree for woodies because they just have to stand there and soak up damage.
Erm and thats it Sad

Beasts with no block? Just knock 'em over
Ratogres with no gen access? Frenzy is going to make tham fallover alot.

With no juggernaut (assuming it isn't included as a strength skill in the rules review), I see the big guy as we know it becoming a fairly rare player pick.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

For that matter, is stunty in jeopardy? If you can't even take such simple skills as tackle on the bg's anymore, then a huge threat has been lifted from the little squirts. Sure, that might now mean stunty's even more popular than before as players live longer, but isn't the whole point behind stunty having huge monster players destroying everything in sight, with the puny squirts around lending a supporting hand and occasionally scoring, with high player turnover to be expected/desired? I know the only reason I occasionally enjoy stunty is so the dozen cas/game there makes me feel better about my normal teams suffering 3 or 4 cas, but if the bg's can't knock down the little guys nearly as often the cas rate should drop horribly. Do you want to play stunty in an environment like that? Like little more than a regular ranked league just with str 2 players instead of str 3, and pathetic ball control?

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Peiko and Evo hinted in another thread that stunty leeg BG's keep gen access.

I'm more worried about LRB teams..

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
...but isn't the whole point behind stunty having huge monster players destroying everything in sight, with the puny squirts around lending a supporting hand and occasionally scoring, ...

Just to provide a counterpoint, this is exactly why I haven't played a stunty leeg game since snotlings were the exciting new addition. The games I played just quickly devolved into "Big Guy Leeg" with a target-rich environment. I, personally, got a bit bored with it.

Not a concrete fact or anything, just another opinion to consider.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Remove the agi, yet not give them anything in return, and they're now minos w/o horns

Minos without horns but with a prehensile tail and an additional point of movement...
Casper

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice changes. I especially like the gaze change and the official vampires.

People will still get and field the big guys though, the average BB player just loves that big bad guy in the middle. It'll be worst for skaven since they have to take the rat ogre if they want a big guy, I don't think we will see many minotaurs in CD/norse teams after the review.

I agree with BadMrMojo when it comes to stunty leeg, I think the games there would be more interesting if the big guys lost G.
 Jump to: