78 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
quota

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this a lot. I do have a few questions that some may be able to answer (or might already have, I just missed it then Razz)

Quote:
IP Rule -> lose rr if you got one, opp gain rr if you don't

What's this? Razz

Quote:
Riot, Get the Ref, Blitz, and Pitch Invasion -> Riot add or
subtract a turn depending on what turn it is

So when does it add and when does it subtract?

Quote:
Shadowing -> only shadow active player

What else can you shadow? Are you referring to when players use pass block?

Quote:
Ogre team -> Official

This one is sad. We don't need more braindead basher teams Sad

I remember something about RSC leaving the game and DP being +1/+1; these changes were scrapped?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Here, here! Those first three were questions I had as well!

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

1. If you played "the real thing" there is a turn conter that you must move before taking any action.

2. Add turn 1-4 Sub turn 5-8.

3. Hmmm....maybe someone else should take that one.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
The old rules in LRB 3.0 made a very good case for being able to Shadow a player using Pass Block, Shadowing, Diving Catch, Diving Tackle, and being push by a block. This clarification to the skill was to get rid of these confusing possibilities.

Galak
quota

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
quota wrote:
The old rules in LRB 3.0 made a very good case for being able to Shadow a player using Pass Block, Shadowing, Diving Catch, Diving Tackle, and being push by a block. This clarification to the skill was to get rid of these confusing possibilities.

Galak

Ah right, I never saw that as a possibility at all. I guess I'm just not beardy enough Razz

Thanks to all for the answers.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps!
COOL!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

must say that i'm pretty darn happy with the rules review this time...
Imerikol

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Overall, I like it. I think the BG gen access thing is a positive change, especially for stunty. Would be better if players weren't grandfathered though. I'd much rather force all players to re-roll their advances than have only teams wtih BGs that already have blockle be the only competive teams.

Ogres... I agree with the one dimensional comments. They are a team that will suck early and dominate at TR300. I don't really like that sort of 'balance,' but I'll deal with it and try them out.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

Just to provide a counterpoint, this is exactly why I haven't played a stunty leeg game since snotlings were the exciting new addition. The games I played just quickly devolved into "Big Guy Leeg" with a target-rich environment. I, personally, got a bit bored with it.

Not a concrete fact or anything, just another opinion to consider.

It looks like Peikko is going to break from FUMBBL tradition and give BGs Gen access in Stunty Leeg. Although, I think I might have convinced him of the merits of disussing sticking with the LRB rules (as per FUMBBL standard policy). But that will be an uphill battle likely involving him reversing his stand after he has implemented the change in the first place.

If you are up for the challenge, I suggest you start another thread to discuss the benefits of having the Rules Review apply to the Stunty Leeg.

Personally, I always found the wacky mayhem (of Secret Weapons and TTM) much more enjoyable than slaughterfest block, tackle mutli-blocking Big Guy teams.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Join the TBB boycott

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Some off these changes look really good, i really like tha changes on kickoff ( it way to freaky as it is now ).
Only sad part is the Ogre team.
Another team that starts with lots and lots off MB. Lets just hope the make some more changes to them so that no one will play them.
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
sticking with the LRB rules

On the moment stunty leeg was created it broke LRB...

edit: With this I mean that sticking to LRB really has not much value in stunty leeg. And LRB would have prolly been broken way more if it would be possible, but even stunty has limitations cause we have to follow options given by JBB
heinz

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

With the inclusion of first Khemri, now Ogre as official rosters it's become quite suicidal to play in a long term league with av7-teams. I like to play Norse 'cause it's challenging, but those MB-haevy teams simply kill em. Imo a league spanding a broad range of races is more interesting than an all elves/av7 league, but I'll think twice before I start my next av7-team in a league that features both Khemri and Ogre.

Well - it's easy to get conservative, when u're addicted Smile I think the review all in all brings good stuff to bb.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

av7 teams need to dodge more and not try to fight ogres or khemri Smile , goblins should be naff , their goblins ,
im glad the kick off results have been made less intrusive on the game , its a random roll that really can screw a match over , espesially riots , I hate it when you hold the opponent off on their attack for 8 rounds then get a six turn riot when its your turn to attack ,
I also like that the big dumb guys cant get block so easy anymore , being big and stupid they lack finesse and style and actual ability to play the game , they can still hit hard , push their weight around and do what big dumb creatures do .
Ogre teams seem scary , but it will be very hard for them to pick up tackle and block now so dodge away ...
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK wrote:
Ogres... I agree with the one dimensional comments. They are a team that will suck early and dominate at TR300. I don't really like that sort of 'balance,' but I'll deal with it and try them out.
I've found so far that without General skills ... the Ogre team has REAL problems getting up in TR. I realize that with all the games FUMBBL plays that someone will eventually pull it off ... but lack of Block, Kick, and Sure Hands will really make it difficult to develop the team.

I'll be curious to see how a NON-GRANDFATHERED Fumbbl Ogre team progresses.

Galak
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Galak has a good point about their balance, which I had obviously overlooked in my initial complaint. It actually reinforces my other point, however, that ogre teams are just too inflexible. Particularly with an even more limited set of skills available, pretty much every single ogre roster is going to look even more identical at any given TR and they all have little to no choice as to how they play. That just bothers me on principle, really. It just doesn't seem like a sound roster.

FWIW, Galak, I certainly think they could have come up with a worse team to match the minis they put out (particularly without the input of a few sane minds such as yourself)... but I still don't think it's a particularly good team.

Just one man's opinion, however, so take it with a grain of salt.

Jump to: