33 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MagmaBeast

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering what will happen if an ogre roll another skill on star his star player roll when he already has all the strength skill? It used to be impossible but with the new changes it will be.
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Galak has a good point about their balance, which I had obviously overlooked in my initial complaint. It actually reinforces my other point, however, that ogre teams are just too inflexible. Particularly with an even more limited set of skills available, pretty much every single ogre roster is going to look even more identical at any given TR and they all have little to no choice as to how they play. That just bothers me on principle, really. It just doesn't seem like a sound roster.

FWIW, Galak, I certainly think they could have come up with a worse team to match the minis they put out (particularly without the input of a few sane minds such as yourself)... but I still don't think it's a particularly good team.

Just one man's opinion, however, so take it with a grain of salt.

I hear what you are saying. But I've played with a no General access team and I devleoped the Ogres 3 different ways. Guard/Multiple Block for the line .... Break Tackle for 2 blitzer types ... Sure Hands on my first doubles to get a ball carrier.

My problem is that I really cannot argue too much with you ... as for me ... I think the team starts to come into its own with the Vault rules. The complete change to the ST skills in the Vault really makes the Ogre team open up for lots of options. But alas ... that is 2 years away (and I know some of you think thats a wonderful thing).

Galak
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

MagmaBeast wrote:
I was wondering what will happen if an ogre roll another skill on star his star player roll when he already has all the strength skill? It used to be impossible but with the new changes it will be.

Expect a clarification that if all normal skill are taken that the skill roll is considered a double roll instead. BBRC is currently working on adding this in ... it should have been there on initial copy ... apologies.

Galak
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ignore me.. i apparently cannot read.

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %18, %2004 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's funny to see some of the kneejerk conservative rambling. Suppose it just goes to show, most people deal with change a lot worse than they realise, and that, rather than any objective argument, forms the basis of their complaints.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How is a lack of skills to take on a player a kneejerk reaction?

Its a laughable lapse by the people who claim to know what is best for the game.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If it don't work, I'm sure they will fix things next year. So why complain?

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."

Eccelesiastes 1:9

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's bloody annoying.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Its a laughable lapse by the people who claim to know what is best for the game.

Nice twist. The people you are villifying have never claimed any such thing. Thanks for the misrepresentation.

And I'll ask you inquisitor ... you've turned in perfect written reports every time you've prepared one. You've never had a paper come back and been marked down for something that you just plain missed. If so ... kudos to you. But be realistic. If I was coming in and saying ... oh well ... we cannot fix that until next year ... I'd actually agree with your point. But given I'm not and that I already said we are working on fixing it ... I find the lack of tolerance so refreshing.

Galak
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

well im grateful a guy like galak is in charge (well jointly;)) of the RR and i have faith that things will be fixed in the fastest possible time. Im not fanboi-ing here im stating Fact.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually you state your opinion (which I'd argue is much of what "factual" science does, too, really).

-Mnemon
Kommando

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

he is establishing his fanboi-ing as a fact, thats my opinion.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kommando wrote:
he is establishing his fanboi-ing as a fact, thats my opinion.

This from the guy in drag?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
inquisitorpustus wrote:

Nice twist. The people you are villifying have never claimed any such thing. Thanks for the misrepresentation.

And I'll ask you inquisitor ... you've turned in perfect written reports every time you've prepared one. You've never had a paper come back and been marked down for something that you just plain missed. If so ... kudos to you. But be realistic. If I was coming in and saying ... oh well ... we cannot fix that until next year ... I'd actually agree with your point. But given I'm not and that I already said we are working on fixing it ... I find the lack of tolerance so refreshing.

Galak

If your group is taking on the responsability of rule changes rather than opening any changes up for democratic vote, then by defenition you regard yourself as being part of an organisation that knows what is is the best intrests of everyone.

While I do understand that mistakes can happen, its the extent of the mistakes in this rules review, some of which seem totally ludicrous. I appreciate your efforts in correcting these mistakes, but I do wonder how they managed to slip through in the first place.

I value the contribution of the BBRC greatly and am pleased that there is a body specifically set up to keep the game healthy and I certainly have no problem with you.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering playing on fumbbl is totally free, I'm not about to make the powers-that-be irate at me by calling foul on them! Other paysite games are not nearly as addictive as this game has proven, and I am just so grateful this website exists!

(Psst...mods...have I kissed up enough yet? Can we talk about un-retiring a couple of my old teams? Wink )

Jump to: