27 coaches online • Server time: 01:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
shall BB be like chess ?
YEA (eliminate any dices - let it be like chess)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
maybe a bit more (let there be LESS random factors)
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
It is good like it is with the new rules review
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
NO (gimme more random stuff !)
33%
 33%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 45

Kane

Post 22 Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

for me it looks,
like more and more random factors are going to be eliminated from thew game. remermber those cards u get once ? the old times with a real good bashing ? (f.e. old PO and the old tables for dices, which lead into death much quicker..).
so, what u think about it ?
paradocks

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

yea, blood bowl without dice would be cool, somehow you would need a real life simulation of your players and you actually attempt all these actions physically through the real life simulation against the other coach who is also connected to the real life simulation event
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I love Diplomacy and I love Risk. But the two are entirely different.

If I have learned one thing from FUMBBL (thanks, you old-school sensei types) it's that there is NO SUCH THING AS BAD LUCK. It's bad strategy that FORCES "bad" luck. When I totally blow a game I can blame it on the dice, or I can blame it on having a weak strategy that was easy for the dice to foil. The first absolves me of all blame and the motivation to become a better player -- the second inspires me to try harder and learn more.

I still suck, but I've stopped believing in "dice rape." It happens, but there no such thing as a player that's ALWAYS unlucky, just a player that makes their own bad luck.

Leave 'er alone, I say.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:

I still suck, but I've stopped believing in "dice rape." It happens, but there no such thing as a player that's ALWAYS unlucky, just a player that makes their own bad luck.

Amen
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Man the random stuff used to be fun!

Dogs running off with the ball???
Players being replaced with exploding dummies???
Trampolines which bounced players into the crowd???
Magic fists smacking the ball carryer in the gob???

I even seem to remember someone telling me that in one of the earlier editions (2nd???) you could chop players heads off and use the heads as balls!!!

Bring back the randomness!

Makes me giggle like nothing else.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:
I love Diplomacy and I love Risk. But the two are entirely different.

If I have learned one thing from FUMBBL (thanks, you old-school sensei types) it's that there is NO SUCH THING AS BAD LUCK. It's bad strategy that FORCES "bad" luck. When I totally blow a game I can blame it on the dice, or I can blame it on having a weak strategy that was easy for the dice to foil. The first absolves me of all blame and the motivation to become a better player -- the second inspires me to try harder and learn more.

Leave 'er alone, I say.

ridiculous. last game i've played, in turn 2 and 3, i've rolled 7 "1" out of 13 dice rolled. no single strategy can beat that. luck IS part of the game. i'm not saying it's bad or not, and i certainly don't want it to be removed, but saying that you can't blame a lost game on bad luck but only on poor strategy is the most ridiculous statement ever.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:

ridiculous. last game i've played, in turn 2 and 3, i've rolled 7 "1" out of 13 dice rolled. no single strategy can beat that. luck IS part of the game. i'm not saying it's bad or not, and i certainly don't want it to be removed, but saying that you can't blame a lost game on bad luck but only on poor strategy is the most ridiculous statement ever.

My point (badly phrased, I'll admit) is that while it's possible to have unlucky GAMES, people can't say they're always unlucky or that their "luck sucks" or the "dice hate them" or whatever. You can have the improbably all-ones game, or the amazing all-sixes game, but if you think your luck is always bad, it's because you're forcing bad luck upon yourself.

I had a crap game last night. Couldn't roll to save my life. Every block a pushback, every dodge a fall. But at the same time, I wasn't playing smart either and I had to make a lot of blocks and pushbacks that a smarter, better player would never have even had to try. That's what I mean.

Jump to: