53 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you support Bloodbowl?
Yes I have a team!
89%
 89%  [ 131 ]
I will get one after reading this!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm thinking of getting one anyway!
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I have no intention of getting a team
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 147

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Right then this will probably get deleted but admins if you aren’t happy tell me how to rephrase it as I feel this is an important matter…

Do you have a real Bloodbowl team? Did you paint it yourself? Are you part of a tabletop league? Have you made new friends because of it?

Have you only ever played on FUMBBL? Are you sick of someone who you have never seen who fouls you on turn 8 and cherrypicks all the time? Do you want to make new friends who love the same game as you do and enjoy a few beers at the same time?

Perhaps you should consider investing in a bloodbowl team from the Games workshop website or better still order one through your local store! Why? In the UK it costs £20 for a team, which is less for a new PC game. You will value your team a lot more once you have painted it and played a few games! Trust me!

Doing this will introduce you to new friends, help your social life and it will also help the Bloodbowl hobby, meaning the possibility of new teams, new minis and better tournaments to play in!

If you are looking for a tabletop league to play in, look in your local town/city for gaming groups. You may be surprised by what you find. Alternatively you can go into your games workshop store and ask if they have any leagues. I know for example GW Edinburgh had a strong BB league and had some real nice guys there, Andy Meechan for one! However there are shops that don’t support it so well. You will find that most Bloodbowlers are not spotty noisy 14 year olds but guys who know how to have fun and have a laugh and a few beers with!

You only need to look at pictures from recent Bloodbowl tournaments to see what I mean! I haven’t been to a big tournament yet but I am going to the BloodBowl in 2005 and I cant wait to meet some of the people I know over at TBB and from here!

FUMBBL is great fun yes and I know some great guys here but it doesn’t compare to playing on tabletop (TT). Just ask anyone here on fumbbl who has a team or two or went to the bloodbowl! I will still play on FUMBBL once I get my broadband!

Let us know here if you find a league or buy a team!
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to complement BrownRob's post with a breakdown of the dollars-per-hour fun value of BB versus other popular entertainments:

In Canadian dollars, because that's what I know.

New PC game: $60
Play time: 30-60 hours
$/hour: $1-2

Movie: $8 (averaging matinee and regular tickets)
Time: 2 hours
$/hour: $4

Rental movie: $2.50 (averaging $1 old rentals and $4 new rentals)
Time: 2 hours
$/hour: $1.25

Blood Bowl: full set, $100
Time: to date (I've been playing for 2 months) 40 hours, and more every week
Time on FUMBBL: Another 20 hours, and more every day...not bored yet...
$/hour: $1.70 and dropping daily

Just some personal observations. Make of them what you will.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow!

96% of people have bought a team! It cant be true can it???
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

used to play it a lot more, and after a 4 year break and starting to get back into it thanks to fumbbl

definitely need to get involved in more TT games though

they are quality
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was one that voted that "I have no intention of getting a team" which actually should have been "I have no intention of getting another team". So you had a 100% vote actually. [Mind you that team is savely stored in my parents attic - one leaves stuff like that behind when moving a long distance away].

Bloodbowl is just a little time killer for me, I won't invest any more money in it. If I have money to spare I rather use it for books/cds and the like. I don't calculate stuff by $/hour entertainment value, ever - entertainment doesn't have any relation to the money you spend on it.

-Mnemon

/edit: had to change some to past tense as somebody else voted the same by now Smile
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Played for a couple of years, then most of the real players moved and the league ultimately died, sad but true...
Been thinking of going to a bigger tournament for some time now, but something always seem to come up...
Always wanted to smack Grum around on TT, on the other hand, who don't?
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Played for a couple of years, then most of the real players moved and the league ultimately died, sad but true...
Been thinking of going to a bigger tournament for some time now, but something always seem to come up...
Always wanted to smack Grum around on TT, on the other hand, who don't?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh I know!

Just wanted to tell people who havent got any stuff or played TT that its a lot better than FUMBBL or any other online league for that matter! Some guys ive talked to didnt know that there was an actual board game to be played as well...
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My old trusty (real live) Skavens have been stored for some years now, but have just resently been revieved on Fumbbl. Cool to be back in the game even though my playing is seriously lacking....

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I own 4 lead teams
-Ooooooold dorf one (with its roller, its casualties...lol owned)
-Skaven(+RO)
-Chaos(+mutants+mino)
-Wood Elf
And im converting some models from Rackham to play with a Gobbo Team (gobbo pirates+troll noir+war troll)
And of course i own the plastic models from the old and the new bb Smile

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

.. you could also check out this poll which effectively asks the same thing.
Ash

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I own a dark elf team with full staff and some conversion of warhammer mini.
But the point is, I own them for more than 10 years now... I don t think that help a lot Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you on the whole Mnemon -- I don't weigh everything I do by $/h value or I'd never buy a CD or DVD ever again -- I'm just trying to forestall the "it's too expensive" argument by pointing out that if you go to the movies 5 times, you're most of the way to buying yourself a shiny new team!

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
.. you could also check out this poll which effectively asks the same thing.

Fair enough but i was trying to get people to play more tabletop as well as FUMBBL'ing!
Doctor_G

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have one blood bowl team Wink however it is impossible to buy it in my tiny country Sad So I have gone to Gernamy to buy it Wink