25 coaches online • Server time: 08:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you support Bloodbowl?
Yes I have a team!
89%
 89%  [ 131 ]
I will get one after reading this!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm thinking of getting one anyway!
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I have no intention of getting a team
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 147

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The average fumbbler is 25 years old and have played the game for a long time so I really think you are preaching to the quire here Browwnrob.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i haven't played a TT game in months, purely because the people i used to play with have moved. it is so much easier to play on fumbbl for me.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i have the 3rd edition blood bowl and death zone... after that i bought a dark elf team, and they were my first painted miniatures...

My 24th match with the dark elves was my first victory... i have a reputation for being one of the lousiest coaches alive!

anyway, our 'league' consisted of 4 players... one of the disadvantages of living in a country with people who don't believe in fantasy... *cough* did i mention that the first Lord of the Rings film was taken off the cinema and was a financial disaster? guess which country!

but now, i won't buy any more BB till my kids get hooked!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
ve6neo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans, Orcs, Halflings, Dwarves, HElf, Lizzies, and I sent my Skaven to Phreaky1 for Christmas last year... or was it the year before that?

I'd play TT more often if we had a GW store in town. Closest I have to go is to Edmonton, and 2.5 hours takes some planning before I make the drive.
Freefragger

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Blame Canada!!!
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ve6neo:

Me and the boys down in the lab have been working on this thing we call "mail-order." It's sort of a dealie where you send somebody currency and they put something in the post for you. Still getting the kinks out. Smile

I'm arsing around a bit, but seriously, I'm just mail-ordering what my local shop doesn't carry. Postage isn't THAT expensive, and if you order from w/in Canada, there's no customs or duty to worry about. If you e-mail an Edmonton shop they'd probably be happy to set you up.

- Matt

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Have had a set of chaos dwarves for about 8 years now… a long time before I knew they were actually considered to be good Confused and have recently bought a set of high elves and the box set. I bought them through this ‘mail order’ of which you speak, although they made a balls up and gave it all to me for free. You don’t hear me complaining Smile

Sadly I haven’t had much opportunity to play tt recently because I live in a small mining town in the Northern Cape province of South Africa (the pointy part at the bottom of Africa if anyone didn’t know) and the closest gaming community is something like 600km away. To tell you the truth, South Africa views the Northern Cape in much the same way as the rest of the world views Africa... I keep trying to convince people that it’s really not so bad but nobody seems to believe me.

So anyway, fumbbl is currently my only connection to gaming… not that I really played much but that is more because of the temporary loss of internet connection than the lack of good intentions.
Hank

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I play in a tabletop league in Malmö, Sweden. it has been running for several years now. So if anyone lives near by, Join us!
http://mafoc.sverok.net
Pelzmuff

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

To answer some of your questions, BR_ni:

Do you have a real Bloodbowl team? 5
Did you paint it yourself? Two of them.
Are you part of a tabletop league? Yes.
Have you made new friends because of it? No, enemies.

Have you only ever played on FUMBBL? No.
Are you sick of someone who you have never seen who fouls you on turn 8 and cherrypicks all the time? No, I do it all the time myself.
Do you want to make new friends who love the same game as you do and enjoy a few beers at the same time? I don't know a lot of women who like to have a beer while...

Quote:
FUMBBL is great fun yes and I know some great guys here but it doesn't compare to playing on tabletop (TT). Just ask anyone here on fumbbl who has a team or two or went to the bloodbowl!

Been playing bloodbowl for ages before I discovered fumbbl. And guess what. I think fumbbl is better than playing on tabletop. Sure, I know some great guys in real life and the boardgame is great fun. But playing new and challenging coaches every day 24/7 if you want to is what makes playing on fumbbl so good. Besides...it's not that much fun if you are playing in a league where almost no team is painted. And most leagues I know are like that. Another point would be that i like developing teams. There's no place you can do that quicker against good opponents than on fumbbl.

To cut it short: If one of the two (boardgame, fumbbl) had to go...I'd vote against my paper-pitch any day.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Pelzmuff... I prefer the java client and fumbbl to any table top league I have ever played in... and this is from an avid miniature collector and painter.

Quite simply I enjoy the speed at which the online game is played. Secondly, I like having absolutely no idea what the opposing coach is going to do before the game starts. Thirdly, I like having the ability to forge a good, experienced team in a few weeks rather than over several months if not years. Fourth, I like the larger community, with its diverse views and collective agreement of the rules, none of this HR garbage that some loser commish implemented to give his team a boost (mind, you i have played in several very well run HR leagues, but they have been few).

Not to mention, there is no pack up & transport, minis falling over, boards to set up and all that other stuff that makes BB an all evening event.