35 coaches online • Server time: 00:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

One of thre great things about FUMBBL is I can screw around and try different teams out.

One of the worst things about FUMBBL is how easy it is to build "dream teams" that I would in RL have to pay a mint to build.

As a f'rinstance: inspired by brownrob's recent post, I was thinking about buying a Khemri team. But I found out that the Khemri lineup in the box set is 10 Skeletons and 2 mummies, which isn't the lineup I'd want to play. I just made an Unranked Necro team to match the one in the box: 1 WW, 1 FG, 2 WI, 2 GH and 5 ZO ... just to see if I like FUMBBLing with the team enough to buy a Necro set for tabletop.

Anyone have a preferred out-of-the-box RL set?

My Chaos Dwarves were OK, but in no time I was running around looking to buy more CD blockers...

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, I never buy the boxes, I always convert my stuff.

And the box sets will always have a weak team in terms of positionals, to convince you to spend more money. (Hence the Khemri lineup you mentioned)

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you have buy both the box set and the booster
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hrmmm

I think the skellies can be either skellies, blitz-ras or thro-ras but ideally you need 4 mummies and i must warn you that khemri teams are rather difficult to assemble but worth the effort as you can have a truly authentic team!!

Another thing you might consider for the necro team is buying the box set and then buying a couple of mummies, that way you can have 2 teams! Undead & necro and then buy a Golem, wolf and a couple of ghouls so you have 2 teams for the price of 1 1/2! Even then you could use those 2 mummies for the khemri as well! Only downside is that they will all look similar when you paint them! Smile

Just my 2 pence
Tymless

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

amazons , I think are the only good ones out of the box.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact i think my idea was such a good one i will do it myself!

I already have a full squad of undead so im going to buy 2 golems and 2 wolves.

Only downside is i have 3 skellies and id prefer 3 zombies...

Is anyone willing to do me a straight trade? the 3 painted skellies below (under construction! Wink for 3 (preferrably unpainted) zombies of the type shown below? Although id settle for the other type of zombie but i already have 4 of them!!! He is under construction too! He needs to see a dentist! Wink

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The big problem isn't that the box-teams are weak. It is that you get surplus models in the blister pack which pretty much force players to order directly from GW (which is the only way to get bb-stuff now anyway). The dwarf team box gives you exactly what you want for a good starting roster but in the blitzer pack you get more positionals even though no one is interested in a third slayer.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

depends... when u start out with a dark elf team, what u do need is more linemen...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Undead starter box is rather good too, 2 Mummies, 2 Wights, 2 Ghouls, 3 Zombies and 3 Skellies, that's a good starting lineup
Mezir

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno I always order extra minis when I buy my boxed sets... (Individual minis, not blisters...)

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah its a good plan but i ended up spending a fortune that way Mez! My 17 man chaos dwarf team cost me £45 for the minis! Although i have two old Bull centaurs and a WFB troll.

I just bought a 17 man high elf team on ebay for £17! Was cheap because it had a dire paintjob and i had some Nitromors stripper! Smile

Blisters arent worth your while tbh. Mail order is a racket, its much better to get the minis delivered to the store and you get free delivery if its over £25
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if I don't remember it wrong, then the wood elves box contained 2 wardancers, 2 catchers, 1 thrower and 6 lineelves. Sums to 930gc.
Little cash left for reroll, fan factor or apothecary.

Aequitas

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I feel sorry for you chumps. I bought a bunch of stuff off of my friend for $60 (canadian). Let's see.. a dwarf team (4 slayers, 6 runners, 6 blitzers, 12 longbeards), a dark elf team (4 witch elves, 6 blitzers, 4 throwers and 8 line-elves), a chaos team (8 warriors, 2 minotaurs, 16 beastmen) a 'normal' high elf team and two sets of plastic humans and orcs (along with the two boards and everything with them). It was an awesome deal.. for me. Razz He wanted to get rid of his stuff completely and after a few drinks I convinced him $60 was a good offer.. Some of the figures are from different editions.

To stay more on topic I'd say the amazons, orcs and undead are the strongest line-ups right out of the box. I also bought the special orc team (but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called) which has a nice starting line-up.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas:

I'll give you $50 for the lot. Toss a few back and get back to me, wouldja? Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Heh, I feel sorry for you chumps. I convinced him $60 was a good offer..

Bargain!

Muaaa haa haa haa!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Shocked Laughing
 Jump to: