56 coaches online • Server time: 23:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
We can get Buskopanz, Deathgerbil, Morbid death, and Paul Hicks to sit in the Graduate School. They'll teach a very important lesson, one I thin everyone will learnt eh first time around. heheh

Wink Thankfully, I learned through watch others....which is why I still think it's funny.

Hehe.... are you implying i beat up noobs? Very Happy

.....every time i try they humiliate me Embarassed Laughing Embarassed

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

A wise man once wrote:
Don't challenge a newbie. He will just pull you down on his level and beat you on experience!

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So... #fumbbl_academy is still active y´know and we´re not exactly overworked these days. So stop by for a chat, ask a question or two or see if some of the fine people in there are up for a game.

Fumbbl academy - because we care about kittens...and you!

Yes i know, no new info - just a bump Very Happy

M

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey. Just played my first game, thanks to the academy. Cheers for all the help getting me started with JavaBB. Sorry for all the hassle I had with Norton. Like I said: will let you know if, and how, I get it fixed so you can put it in the troubleshooting.

Special thanks to the Da_Todfatha and his 'Hooz Laffin at uZ' team for a very informative and fun game. Sorry bout the luck mate. If anyone wants to see a textbook example of noob luck then check the match report. Heheh.

Cheers,

Curvespace
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just thinking ... maybe the academy isn't a bad place to visit if you're keen on discussing tactics with your opponent as you play your games. It's not something I'd want to do every single game, but every so often it is nice having an opponent willing to point out mistakes you are making as you go, or even where there are alternatives.
I don't know if this is really what the academy was indended for, but it seems like a logical next step for people who want to learn a bit more.

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm only keen on killing your players. Can I come too?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
I'm only keen on killing your players. Can I come too?

It might be possible to sign up Wuhan as a tutor.

Laviak wrote:
I'm just thinking ... maybe the academy isn't a bad place to visit if you're keen on discussing tactics with your opponent as you play your games. It's not something I'd want to do every single game, but every so often it is nice having an opponent willing to point out mistakes you are making as you go, or even where there are alternatives.
I don't know if this is really what the academy was indended for, but it seems like a logical next step for people who want to learn a bit more.

I really should linger in the Academy a bit more - I just forget it exists sometimes.

Seeing as those in there right now don't seem like they have their hands full, and that they're there to help out newbies and experienced coaches alike I personally don't see the harm in your proposal. On the contrary - it's always great to have someone else observing your mistakes and/or pointing ouy alternative moves to what you did.

I know I'd be willing to help out in that matter - and recieve help myself.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in too. I'm no longer completely stuuupidd, but I do make some real stuupidd mistakes often enough to be able to learn.
I really would like the idea of discussing tactics in game.

But I could also help out some starting coaches.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:

The academy hasn´t really got a clear cut function - mor like an overall support function for those (few) that use it. Hints, tips, technical support, we got it all. Very Happy

So...if you wonder "hmmm...maybe i should join #fumbbl_academy.." - the you probably should!

M

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

U can also witness the great teacher war thats going on in there muhahahaha Smile
Laviak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

is that where the various 'teachers' pit their disciples against one another in a bloody fight to the death?
(alternatively a game of blood bowl may be substituted)

BiggieB

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

actually it tend to end with me getting booted from the room Sad

but in a secret mirc room on one of fumbbls moons a secret battle pit is being created while I am plotting to retake the academy from the tyrants residing there atm
Azurus

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
but in a secret mirc room on one of fumbbls moons a secret battle pit is being created while I am plotting to retake the academy from the tyrants residing there atm

See, I'm offline for a few months, and I miss something like this. Dammit!