42 coaches online • Server time: 00:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkson

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I've finally managed to get myself a couple of hours of free and uninterupted time 2 or 3 times a week, so I want to get back into FUMBBL.

But is it possible? Tbh, I don't want to end up playing huge team all the time (I thinkl my most experianced team has 5 games), and unfortunately, due to a couple of bad experiences whenI last played (people disconneting during games) I really don't want to be playing n00bs (yeah, I know that's not nice, but...).

So I guess what I'm asking is, is there a wide range of low level TR teams out there. coached by known and respected coaches?

(Sorry if this post comes over negative and/or elitist, but those previous experiences left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't really want to go through that again. Rolling Eyes And yes, I know now I could have done something about that, didn't know that at the time.)

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

sure. the only time i'm disconnecting is when my computer crashes. drop me a PM.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Come into chat and ill give you game. (got a couple of lowish TR teams)

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Darkson i reckon you were unlucky with your bad experiences, personally i havent had many dropped games, except when i fouled a good chaos warrior and killed him & apoth failed so my opponent hit his computer and knocked it off the table!!! Wink He rejoined so that was ok! :

If you wanted you could get an open league going with FUMBBLER's you know IRL or on TBB, that way you at least know they will be cool about playing.

If i ever get the time to play ill give you a shout and i can beat up some of your teams! Wink
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

you get better coaches to pay against if you send me a £50 members bonus upgrade fee
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
you get better coaches to pay against

so he pays every time he plays?
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if I'm known or respected that much around here but I always have some new teams floating around who'ld be happy to play. I like to think I'm a fair player both in terms of sportsmanship (although I might whine a bit from time to time) and in terms of skill... just drop me a line in Irc and we'll set something up if you've got a fair offer...

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I play mostly leagues, so my R teams arent that high. I've been around and I've never heard a complaint. Smile I'd be happy to play when Im around.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

get out, get out while you can

/me looks around to see crazy fumbblers with baseball bats and makes a run for it

if u do go on fumbbl tell me. so i can come on and whoooop your ass fumbbl style

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit newbish (but getting better, honest!) but I never ever disconnect. Just concede, for God's sake. Don't disconnect.

(I've never conceded either but God, I've come close)

If you're still a bit rusty, Darkson, I might be a good match for you because I'm still learning.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly... I've found as the community has gotten larger, real dorks have become fewer. Havn't had anyone drop on me in over 8 months (who did not return that is). I think the admin have done a nice job of stompin the crap out of abusers of all kinds.

There is more fouling than there used to be though... makes my heart feel all warm and mushy...

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I remember of your problems with FUMBBL the first time around (as voiced in the TBB forums ages ago), I think you really just had some bad luck with finding some lamers. I seem to recall reading them and asking myself, "Is he really talking about _my_ FUMBBL?" Not everyone gets that much grief.

As far as some "respected" coaches, I think it does have a slightly elitist ring to it. That's ok, though. Given what I recall of your earlier experiences you're certainly entitled. I will strongly advise making up your own mind about such things rather than going with whatever "public opinion" may be circulating about the particular person.

I tend to agree with BP, however, that the griefers have been on the decline, lately. I haven't been playing many open games lately but I can't recall the last time I got a match with suspicious "connection" problems or a particularly offensive or annoying opponent. In fact, the last such incident that I can even hazily remember was against a generally "respected" coach. Still, that's 1 game out of the last 20 or 30.

All in all, good luck with it. After the last attempt, you've certainly got the Karma stored up. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I've not been here too long, I've only ever had people drop and then come back online to apologise and carry on the game. It can be suspicious but thats the nature of the beast.

Squig

Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm about as respected as a pile of dog poop.

Play me, I want to bash your teams. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too! Me too! I want to whine after I bash your team and lose... Me, Me!

Jump to: