43 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I also vote against open round robin.
I dont know how it was last season, but I dont like the idea of giving extra points for TDs and casulties either. Points should only come from wins and ties.
tane

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking better. Nice.

Last season was 5/3/1 points for W/D/L and 1 point for every TD scored. The way I remember it, that is, not 100% sure on those.

Thinking about points, how about extra points only for TD difference, how many TDs more than your opponent you scored? It would encourage scoring, but at the same time discourage stalling (once you've secured a win) and slacking on defense (in the hopes of winning 5-4 instead of 2-0, and thus gaining both more points and more SPP). And no extra points lost for losing real bad, of course.

Thinking more, I feel it would be fair the teams in the third division got to play a game or two more than the higher ranked teams. Since a number of them are new teams, they need the extra games. If we want the round deadlines to be same for everybody, what about allowing two or three "training" matches against other five star teams after the main season? Or something else while everyone is waiting for a handful of teams to play their playoff matches.

-tane
memola

Post 5 Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I just wanted to know what is round robin and open round robin, could any charitable soul explain it to me? Embarassed
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

round robin is the normal tourny where u are given an oppenant to play open is where u have to organzie the game yourself

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Round robin exemple

game1 I have to play daemonic
game 2 then Tane
etc....

I have a scheduled order to play.

Open: you have your 6 game to do in the order you want. If your slow; then maybe the others will have done 3-4 games before you. If your the quick, then you have a little advantage.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Crap, that CAS pont bonus wasn't suposed to be there, lol.
I cut and paste a section of the rules from one of my other
leagues, over to this one, and forgot the points system was
different. There will be no CAS points for this league.
-Nehver

"D'oh"
memola

Post 14 Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I think i got it!! Then I prefer the closed one (round robin), where your matches are already set, so no cherrypicking, same games for all, no "sorry, i don´t play orcs", etc

And then, how is it finally going to be? When will it start? Smile
Arcon

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@tane: I don´t see the point about the TD-scoring. Why do you think one would try to make more TD if the difference counts instead of if every TD counts?
If any is better, it´s the every TD counts, because then the team winning 5:4 is better than that winning 2:1.
And the team scoring 4 TD is better than the team scoring only one TD. And that is how it should be, I feel.
tane

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying it would encourage scoring any more than the current setup, just that it encourages scoring. Compared to no TD-related points, that is.

Why is winning 5-4 better than winning 2-1? I don't see any reason, both teams won by just one TD. And the team winning 5-4 is already rewarded, since they get more SPP than the team winning 2-1.

Compare two other teams, one winning 5-4 and the other winning 3-0. I'd think the one winning 3-0 did a lot better than the other team, wouldn't you too? But if every TD counts they end up receiving less points and that feels wrong to me. If someone disagrees with me on this one, I'd like to hear why, I could be missing something.

And as a reminder, I'm ok with the way we receive points now.

-tane
Arcon

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

well, it´s just how you would define "to do a lot better".

Is it scoring TDs? Or stopping the other team to score.

I would say (and that goes along with the SPP) the aim is to score (ok, besides cas) and therefore I think the number of TDs should count. But i can as well see your point.
Aconite

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2004 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just seen the deadlines for the rounds, only one that may be a problem is the third round (25th December to 4th Jan). It being the holiday period, I'll be around for very little of that time. Should be able to play, but if opponent is also away it could cause problems.

I'd suggest an extra few days for that round. Hopefully we'll get played early and not a problem, but could be awkward.

(Brad Osberg)
Nehver

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I noticed that as well. If that round is causing a problem for many, I may push that
deadline (and all after it) back a few days.

-Nehver
Aconite

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo! The season has started!

...and could I just say how thrilled I was to see my first match is against the defending champs... All his players having been there every match and having lots of skills... Should be fun! Bring it on! Luck to everyone, but mainly me.

(Brad Osberg)
Arcon

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I´ll be on vacation from the 26th to the 4th, so I won´t be able to play. I have time before Christmas, so if everybody is playing quickly, we could manage the games of that round even before Christmas. But I would be happy, if the deadline of that round could be later. Or we just don´t forfeit the games and have to catch up with the shedule. After all, 5 Star games don´t take so long to play.

Yes, I will play the Skavens of Sk8bcn. I guess he is shaking from fear right now. Wink Good for him is that one of my wolves will be missing. Ah, and I see that Claw MB Storm Vermin. Right, now I have a zombie to do the dirty job!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2004 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I added a skaven linos to counter your zombi he he.
 Jump to: