28 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,
Sorry about the slight scoring problem there at the start.
What??? You guys didn't know we were racing to -1,000 this season? Wink Okay before
someone out there takes me seriously (because I know one of you out there are like....
"-1000.. really?"), I set up the configurations wrong in the scoring page. Haven't gotten
much sleep lately... my apologies. I think everythings all set now. Let me know if you see
any other scoring problems.

Karhummies...
thanks for the suggestions on team advancements at the end of the
season. But yes, it will work a bit different than is stated on the league page. When I
wrote the league page rules, I was assuming all 16 teams would come back for season
2... but they didn't. So, I will take you suggestions into consideration as I am determining
how to end the season.

Tricktickler,
The only handicaps I banned were ones that took players out for the entire game.
Those are much too devistating in this match. Morlley's Revenge has a chance to be devistating,
depending on the dice roll... but wont always be that devastating. Sorry for your bad luck. The
reason I AM THE GREATEST is banned has nothing to do with how bad it is, or that it's worse
than anything else... the reason it's banned is that there is a bug in that handicap that can cause
the game to freeze during a 5v5 match.

Slick,
we may have been having troubles getting games in while you were in, but they
smoothed out right after you left, and we haven't had any problems since, lol. You must
have been our bad luck omen... so yes, it's too late to get into this league... EVER! Wink
Just kiddin'. Since it is round robin, and every division has already started playing, you can still
apply, but you'd have to wait until season 3, or be a backup team incase a coach retires on us.

Bah, my fingers are tired, so I hope I answered everyones questions. If not, tough crap until after I get my hands messaged ;P

-Nehver
tane

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Some interesting games been played...

Tricktickler: I agree, Morley's Revenge is worse than I'm the Greatest. I should know, those are the only two handicaps that have been played against me in this league Smile

Three kills in another game? Ouch. Mummy vs mummy fight? Nice. I want some of them too.

-tane
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a running match against Elves. My mino did only knock outs to his runners and the handicap smelling salt made sure they could run and run and run until I got sick and tired of it. The only player to leave the field was my Catcher, who fouled for the first time in the match and the ref caught him red-handed. On the second half I finally got into the game but it was too little, too late. Score: 4-2 for Woodies.

This was my first match against Elves EVER, so I made some reaaaally stupid moves in the first half because I didn't realize how agile they are. All my previous games have been against bashy teams like Ogres, Chaos Pact, Chaos Halflings and such.

BTW, my lino was the only one to gain a level. TD and MVP. :-\

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like Funso's Five star orcs have retired after their devastating opening match against Enkeli's Working of flesh. They would have had a bye on the second round, then faced a Khemri team in the third round with only 4 eligible players (no skills) and no apothecary.

If there are any coaches willing to join in, you better contact Nehver ASAP. Smile
Funso

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I am sorry for retiring, but I would have faced a Khemri team with 2 games under it's belt in my next round, with 4 unskilled players, and no apoth.

I hate to retire a team, but I felt there was no choice this time.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Information for new coaches willing to join:

Unless Nehver makes any changes, the match schedule looks like this:

round 2 - bye
round 3 - Khemri w/2 games
round 4 - Dwarves w/3 games
round 5 - Norse w/3 games
round 6 - Chaos w/4 games
round 7 - Wood Elves w/5 games
(end of season)

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

at Funso: You always have choice. You can accept to loose and battle to get your team back on track and work for the next season.

No CR here involved so why retire and not try to get through.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone even playing? I want to get some games done and no one seems to be around.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

??????????????
Aconite

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Some are definitely playing.

Have you PM'd your oppo to arrange the match? Generally easier to try to plan it rather than hoping you'll bump into them at some point...

(Brad Osberg)
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Have played 2 matches myself and sent a pm for the third already. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2004 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not alot of point in PMing the opponant if he hasnt been online for the last 14 days...

"Best Bar in This Street"
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

At least our Meteorite group seems quite international: two coaches from Australia, two from Finland, one from Spain and one from the USA. Will be rather hard to arrange games, though. :-\

DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2004 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my tendecy to inflict heavy injuries on my opponents once agian surfaces handing Five Feet High a niggling Blitzer and a dead longbeard. That match ended with a draw because no one could pick up the ball Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
Funso's retired "Five Star Orc's" have been replaced.
Thanks to cwebb, applying with "Five Beers Too Many".
Good luck to you! Wink
-Nehver
 Jump to: