44 coaches online • Server time: 15:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink

Quote:
With me havin beaten Arcon and Fanatic havin beatin me and Arcon havin' beaten fanatic. Let us all beat Captain 1821.

You make my head spin.

Ok, let´s all beat the hell out of captain! Twisted Evil
Question Whol is he Question

Ah, doesn´t matter! I see, an Undead coach. Ok, I will try my luck on the other Undead (Aconites) team first....

And for my next game, I am especially proud to present my blodging flesh golem! *gg* Cool
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the guy that thew me out from playoffs last season, that luckily stole my group win too. (at least he lost the same way like me in ogre league playoffs-per coin)

It is the hated Fast Slowers
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Blodging Flesh Golem... Pah!

I look forward to our meet. Hopefully will have another game to play first, but my opponent is not so easy to get hold of... Having retired our Star after the last match when he picked up a niggle (from ageing indeed...) we have a new Wight in our ranks who will be eager to make a good impression!

(Brad Osberg)
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, he is so sweet, watch him dodging, and enjoy the power of Necromancy.

What I am a bit concerned of are all the Fast Slowers tackle players. My dear wolves....
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, is there anybody here who will keep 5star alive? It would be a shame if not.
Well, I could try to run the league, but I am not sure that I will have the time (and I don´t have any experience).
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've said the same thing to Nehver myself.

Don't really have the time, and have no league running experience, but would be willing to give it a go if no-one else will...

5star is too great to just let go.

(Brad Osberg)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I can but I wanted to have a co-staff man to halve the job.
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the good news for those of you yet to face the Necro 5 Stars is that, in the 2-0 victory over them by Bits N' Pieces both werewolves suffered Niggling injuries (oops, bad Undead people!).

So the intimidating team you thought you'd be facing has been taken down a bit.

Now for me to try and finish in a good position in the league... Lizards next, but they've a couple of matches to play first...

(Brad Osberg)
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2005 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaaaaaaaaargh, Aconite.
Yes, he is the one, who destroyed my Necro 5 stars.

Unbelieveable, he niggled both of my wolves, and all I can do is replace them with one ghoul an one freebooter zombie.

Poor dogs:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1231322

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1231320

This really was not my day. Well, play offs are gone now, I fear. And I won´t be a match for the Fast Slowers any more.

But, the Necros will be back. One day. Some day. Maybe.

Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pfffff will captain win it once more???
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
pfffff will captain win it once more???

Maybe I have good chances Twisted Evil

At the other hand, I see in other teams players like
this one: Storm Vermin 7 3 3 8 Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Tackle
and this one: Gutter Runner 9 3 4 7 Dodge, +ST, Block
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

All a bunch of wimps, concerned about your opponents indeed.

Be proud, be strong, and know that you can beat anyone (unless you're going to be playing me, in which case you should just opt for the concession button straight away...)

(Brad Osberg)
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:
...in which case you should just opt for the concession button straight away...

I feel much better now that you reminded me that I have this option Razz

Guys we are still around round 4. Everyone has chances to win this Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's talk about the teams in the celestial conference and about their strenght and weaknesses:

-Cold Blooded Killers: Lizardmen:

Their strenghtes lies in their raw power. The kroxigor dinostupid has Ag 2 and guard and gives the lizzis a first STR 5 player, wich can sometimes take care about the ball.
They also have Painomus, STR 5 AG 2 lizzi who could become a terrific player if he get's the ball in hand.
Helped with a good skink blodger and side stepper, these 3 guys can create some dangerous drives.

But, mainly, their weaknesses lies within the injury they suffered. the major skink and the major saurus have a niggling. When they do not show up, daemonic must choose between using apo for a very dangerous game or play outnumered which can be bad.

Saurus weaknesses are even greater in 5 on 5->you have easy prays on skinks and with every player developping tackle players you get them out quickly and you have a hard time countering saurus immobility who can't dodge away from opposing players. Usually with compensate it with the number of saurus on court and skinks but in 5 on 5 they can't.

It will be a tough task for daemonic to raise them within top teams of celestial conference.

Booger Flickers->MadMellie and Nehver are leaving; good luck to both of them.

Fast Slowers-> undeads:

definitly my top candidat for championship. I wouldn't have imagine that this composition would lead to succes. I was wrong. The 3 ghouls, blodgers, are a pain for opponent to knock down. The mummys add rough and brutal hits to opponents. 3 players from the fast slowers negates dodging ability per tackle skill. What does impress me the most: Haven't almost lost anyone for so long. Definiltly the best teams in term of skills.

But, I wonder how long it will last. Any 5 on 5 coach must develop tackle and ghouls are AV 7 no regen players. They will be injured. And this could become the major blowback to the fast slowers supremacy.

Bit's and piece->undeads:

This team was built in a very different manner than the fast slowers, and suffered several losses than makes them only an average team in terms of skills. They used to play the ball with Edges a 51 SPP wight that niggled and had to be retired. Their block mummy died too. So what do they have left?

An MA5 mummy which can be usefull for catching back other players, but could become a weakness since you have to wait for 31SPP only to have block and still no tackle. The 2 wights added tackle and one also shadowing. As we can see they have better armor than the Fast slowers but are less skilled. I would consider them in a rebuilding phase.

Necro Five Stars: a game earlier I would have said that they simply were the best team around with their 2 werewolves stars. But Aconite take care of them and Arcon had to retire the 36 and 40 SPP werewolves.

What now? They still have two terrifics flesh golems (one is a blodger with stand firm and the other has mighty blow) but the main problem is that they now have nobody to stop the quick runners from other teams.

I think they will go through a rebuilding process and belong to best teams next season only.

Eshin's dagger->skaven:

The dagger plays with a roster surprising, with only 1 runner and a passer. Main reason for that? a stupid thing I have done, lol. The passer proved to be a good player with sure hands. Make passes are not the typical way of play for skavens but can help sometimes.
The good thing in it is that I was forced to play on storm vermines when my runner was hurt, leading to a very dangerous vermin (claw MB tackle).
The gutter add strenght to quickness with blodge+STR 3. Mainly the greatest strenght of the dagger. With every player at STR 3 at minimum, they do not suffer from the usual weakness of skas.

But they did lost a lot when their rat ogre died. No that G acces is removed I even ask myself if I shouldn't get another runner for him. Additionnally, skas tend to harass opponents with 2 runners with some good defensive skills, what the dagger can't do with only one guy.

Last weakness: their AV. It happens sometimes to you get take out early in game and this usually means a loss. When playing ska in 5 on 5 you have one of the best teams overall but you will occasionnaly loose whatever on an early injury and this could denied road into the finals in playoffs.

But anyway, I would say I have one of the best teams around.

Killers of the dead->ska:

mainly due to injurys, this team became a team completely build around the two runners. These guys are terrific. Dauntless for one + help from the other and you are mainly unsafe anywhere on the field. With strip ball too, you can't keep the ball in hands. After that they run away for quick scoring. They harass they dodge, they are anywhere.

As long as they are on the court, the killers are unstoppable.

But this is also their weakness. STR 2 AV 6 for the dauntless strip ball player. I cannot imagine him to survive this season. And since the rest of the team has to grow I think that killers will lower their level of gaming in a few games.

If Trisk stays alive, the killers will stay one of top favorite. If he dies Fanatic will have to show a lot of skill to stay in the top teams.

So my pronostics:
1-Fast Slowers
2-Eshins dagger (or killers of the dead if they stay healthy)
3-Killers of the dead (or Eshin's dagger if the killers of the dead stays healthy)
4-Bit's and Piece
5-Necro 5 stars
6-cold blooded killers
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post man! I hope that your football pool will be proved correct Razz
 Jump to: