35 coaches online • Server time: 09:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tymless

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Something!

Sometime
G_Force

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, lets try again (i allready typed this up once and refreshed page by accident)

This is an idea i had to increase the number of players that actually bother to play instead of just signing up and leaving it at that.
50% of the teams in the group page have 0 points and most of those have never played in a D&D event. If memory servers i think most of them have never even connected to #FumbblAA (unless i have been more drunk than i think).

I have voiced this outline to a couple of people with limited but posaitive feedback so here's the general idea.

N00bs Night Out:
same as a standard brawl but is only open to group members with 0 points (or maybe let's say up to 3 points).
It can be an instant tourny thing if 4 'N00bs' for want of a better name happen to be in the chat room (and a member of staff of course to set it up) but i think it may work better to plan ahead and either make regular NNOs or PM qualifying coaches and advertise/arrange in advance.
It may yet be decided to review the brawl scoring system for NNO but either way it means that the 2 finalists will have points on the board and (or maybe this is just the way my thinking works) will want to play more with the seasoned drinkers in the full Brawls.
There may be a N00b equivalent to AA meetings too but it will need a little thought and a suitable name, something to imply it is for inexperienced drinkers (school disco perhaps or maybe not)

This to my thinking will et more teams with points and willing to play in more brawls.
more active teams = more brawls = more fun and more points.

Please feel free to comment with +ve or -ve feedback as it will all help to develop D&D Season 2 to being bigger and better than S1.

Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Only problem I see with that is that if they've played no games, are they really likely to start now?

We could just offer more points to everyone outside the top 3 + start new teams + go on a season 2 recruitment drive.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

the noobs thing was really an idea for season 2 with all the new blood (or alcohol) that we are going to recruit with your fabulous leaflets and DDF's thread reviving tactics.
I think all the existing teams should be fired from the league and all coaches have to start afresh. I know i would be ok with starting again (not playing bloody dwarfs again tho)
This will remove the unplayed teams so people signing up to S2 surely do so with at initial intent to play.

Let the games begin!!

Aconite

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

...As long as the points get added up properly in season 2... Not that I still haven't been given my other point or anything you understand...

(Brad Osberg)
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
DDF's thread reviving tactics.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile its funny

this is not a revive

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's another idea for keeping peoples interest going in Season2....

how about a slight review of the scoring,

Maybe same as is but +2 to first and second place then make everyone that plays get 1 point. This way even if you get beaten (maybe you are unlucky or just suck like me) or get skanked on the dice etc by Seppuku (just an example honest) you still get something out of it. Plus, the more you play the more you score.

What do points make? smiley faces Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good

now this is a revive

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

what's a revive?

is it like an apothecary or more like the regeneration skill?

how do i get one? don't see it even when rolling doubles, is it a physical trait or maybe racial characteristic?

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

thats a good revive

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea for points just for turning up...

It encourages the drinking: Drink, Play, and get rewarded...

(and revived...)

(Brad Osberg)
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

*burp*

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

bestest league ever huzzah!!!! if we need fresh Ideas we should just organize a drunken brainstorm in the channel mthinks ^^
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2004 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You need a collective intelligence higher than a biscuit to brainsorm I think.

It'd be more like a brain light drizzle (easing off to fair weather if Sepp's there Razz )